Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Post by GC. » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:44 pm
Wexford White wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 pm I think Abibi is getting a raw deal. He's by no means great but his mistakes are being used as an excuse. Last night he conceded one goal which he should have saved but playing in front of him is a team which should be scoring goals galore.
We aren't scoring that is clear, but getting no luck in front of goals. Crossbar post double clearances off line Stanton 1 on 1 should have made it 2-0 but the bottom line is if Abibi doesn't mess up last night we win the game. End of discussion.
When a game relies on goals scored, hitting the woodwork is due to inaccurate shots. Luck is not involved.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Post by Hull White » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm

I have always protective of keepers. I always felt that it is the only position on the pitch where if you make a mistake, 95% of the time it results in a goal. But in feeling that way I have always believed that a keeper should have good hands, good positional sense, be brave and have decent decision making skills. When you have a keeper with these qualities you should accept the odd mistake because a keeper with those basic qualities will get past a mistake. This guy is dubious on all of the qualities and he repeats the same mistakes. He doesn't look as if he has ever been coached.He will not improve and will no doubt move on to the next suckers.

When agents are circulating videos of players to get them a move they show the best bits. If you have seen this guys video you would ask yourself two questions, 1. Did the guy making video think it was funny to make him look like a c*nt in the video? And 2. Who ever signed him based on that video is a plum!

I have it on very good advice that the first week of pre - season confirmed he was rubbish but we pushed ahead signing every Tom, Dick & Harry rather than a capable goalkeeper. You couldn't make it up. So Wexford White, we are not being unfair to him. If you say you are a keeper and you are not, you deserve all the flak you get!