Waterford v Dundalk

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Waterford v Dundalk

Post by Wexford White » Sat May 01, 2021 10:59 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:14 am Agree Mc Garnagle , we need to be tighten up at the back , , & Zahibo has to be careful , with sliding in.
For all his talent (which we have yet to see) Zahibo is a dirty player, reminiscient of the Connor era.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:00 pm

The tackle Zahibo done last week, could have been a red in a European game. It wasn't much better last night. Sonni Nattestad was reckless against Shamrock Rivers also. I thought it was a fair tackle originally, but was a 2 footed lunge.

Maybe they are eager to impress ,or more likely it's just how they play.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat May 01, 2021 12:38 pm

Wexford White wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:59 am
Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:14 am Agree Mc Garnagle , we need to be tighten up at the back , , & Zahibo has to be careful , with sliding in.
For all his talent (which we have yet to see) Zahibo is a dirty player, reminiscient of the Connor era.
We need a bit of dirtiness that as long as it's controlled aggression. The tackle last week was much worse and should have been red but last night's was crazy too.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:24 pm

That’s a first , in all my many years supporting Dundalk , I have never heard a so called supporter say , that one of our own players , was a dirty player . It could be called a desire to win the ball , could the same be said for Dermot Keeley or Kevin Murray , or Roy Keane ( when he put Overmars up in the air v Holland ( welcome to Landsdowne Rd. ). Buy a bottle of cop on , pal.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Sat May 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:53 am
magarnagle wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:04 pm Way too much positivity for Orielweb, so I'm going to bring us back to form.

3 goals scored and a clean sheet, should be delighted. But I actually thought we were very casual at times and gave up way too many opportunities to a really poor team. At one stage I don't think we could have complained if it was 3-3.

Zahibo could have been sent off in both his games now, he needs to stamp that out.
Anyway we got through it and hopefully the players have gelled a bit more.

More injuries are worrying as well
We should have been further out of sight in the first half and could have had another couple of penalties. Once we got the early goal at the start of the second half we didn't really have to get out of second gear. Even when Dummigan went off we looked fairly comfortable.
I'm not saying we didn't deserve to win but on another night we could have thrown that away. I don't think we looked that comfortable given the number of chances we coughed up. That's arguably the worst team in the league, so we need to tighten up.

But overall another step in the right direction.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sat May 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Seems to be a lot on here and other platforms not happy with last night, we won by 3 goals and a clean sheet, away from home.

Ok Waterford hit the bar twice, still off target, like us earlier in the season with no luck hitting the bar v Rovers, post possibly also, still misses / off target.

If we beat Longford (we should) that's 3 in a row, and a win v Sligo might even get us up to 3rd with other results going our way.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sat May 01, 2021 4:00 pm

Mike fans will not be happy until we beat them tramps from Tallaght.
The performance was not excellent last night, Waterford were and are a team a level below us, however I feel fans see the slight collapse second half. The lads didnt keep up the performance of the first half and it could have been very different had Waterford got lucky. People should however not forget, we had a few clear handballs waved away in the first half.

Personally, I will take the 3 points and clean sheet ...... however their is a lot of room for improvment within the 11 that started last night, certainly at the back. They were caught sleeping a few times and only bad luck on Waterfords part saved us.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sat May 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:24 pm That’s a first , in all my many years supporting Dundalk , I have never heard a so called supporter say , that one of our own players , was a dirty player . It could be called a desire to win the ball , could the same be said for Dermot Keeley or Kevin Murray , or Roy Keane ( when he put Overmars up in the air v Holland ( welcome to Landsdowne Rd. ). Buy a bottle of cop on , pal.
In this forum I, like everybody else, am entitled to express an opinion and you have the entitlement to disagree. You do not have the right to insult me and I regard calling me a "so called supporter" as insulting. I have been supporting Dundalk since the early 1950s. Most of the time that hasn't been easy - as you probably know very well yourself.
I stand by my view that the player in question is a dirty player. He comes to us highly rated but has acquired 2 yellow cards in 2 games. I expected better.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:47 pm

It's a very poor Waterford team with 3 subs who they didn't use. They are a part time outfit ,v the most expensive squad in the League with International players. Sheddy was supposed to be gone but still there.

Little will be learned if Dundalk thump Longford also,but will give the players some momentum

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:10 pm

I think it’s a bit harsh label Wif as a dirty player after 2 games. He’s getting up to speed in a new league and he hasn’t played regular football since November. No harm having a bit on of bite in midfield. IMO he’s no Mickey Collins

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:43 am

That's true that he hasn't played regularly in 6 months. Having some bite is good then being half hearted.,though needs to be controlled.
The players in the League might eventually try and get him sent off, if those type of tackles continue.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:52 am

Richie87 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:43 am That's true that he hasn't played regularly in 6 months. Having some bite is good then being half hearted.,though needs to be controlled.
The players in the League might eventually try and get him sent off, if those type of tackles continue.
Yeah I’d agree with that. I also reckon the refs in LOI will get together and keep a close eye on him now . Next one could be straight red