Supporters Club

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Supporters Club

Post by Towelie » Thu May 13, 2021 9:30 pm

Heard on the Press Box and Between the Stripes about a supporters club being set up. I'd personally love to join myself but I'm not sure where to keep clued in about that sort of thing since I've left Facebook.

Any of yourselves considering joining?

pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Supporters Club

Post by pingu1 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 pm

I'd love to see it myself, and am happy to get on board in establishing something. Think it needs to be something that's given a lot of thought and is set up for years to come.

The Lilywhite Supporters Club I was involved in from 2015 still has everything in place as far as I am aware, all it's missing a committee to run it!
The only team for me.....

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri May 14, 2021 5:22 pm

I think it would be a positive. It would be important to try and work with the club as much as possible rather than against them and to also build up relationships with both the clubs business partners and other business around town to try and place the supporters club in some sort of position to pick up the pieces if/when Peak6 leave.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 pm

Paddy Casey on The Town End podcast with some great insights to what the club are planning going forward, relaunch of the Patreon or similar, supporters clubs and community projects. Nice to hear of a non profit foundation/company being setup for the clubs community work. Well worth a listen ......

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Mon May 24, 2021 10:13 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Paddy Casey?

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Mon May 24, 2021 10:24 pm

GC. wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:13 pm Excuse my ignorance, but who is Paddy Casey?
From The Unit, partner of Dundalk FC in areas of marketing and community work ;)

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Mon May 24, 2021 10:38 pm

Pepsi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:24 pm
GC. wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:13 pm Excuse my ignorance, but who is Paddy Casey?
From The Unit, partner of Dundalk FC in areas of marketing and community work ;)
Thanks Pepsi.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 pm

This is a good time to get involved.

DundalkScuap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkScuap » Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Pepsi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 pm Paddy Casey on The Town End podcast with some great insights to what the club are planning going forward, relaunch of the Patreon or similar, supporters clubs and community projects. Nice to hear of a non profit foundation/company being setup for the clubs community work. Well worth a listen ......
Hearing too much about him lately. He's only there to further for his own personal agenda. All his companies have big signage up around oriel (and they are not cheap). Has he paid a penny for it? Absolutely not.... And thats only the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully this "internal investigation" picks this up.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu May 27, 2021 7:31 pm

Thats ridiculous,your probably one of the faceless protesters.He employs local people and has donated 30k to charitys over the last 24 months. Irishfiy donates €1 to every sale to charitys it seems. He also organised the Derbyfor Sonia.The internal investigation, I believe, is financial and GDPR discrepancies dating back to 2019 and 2020

DundalkScuap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkScuap » Thu May 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:31 pm Thats ridiculous,your probably one of the faceless protesters.He employs local people and has donated 30k to charitys over the last 24 months. Irishfiy donates €1 to every sale to charitys it seems. He also organised the Derbyfor Sonia.The internal investigation, I believe, is financial and GDPR discrepancies dating back to 2019 and 2020
I'd nothing do with the protest. I don't see what the protest had to do with my previous comment either I'm just relaying information i heard, (from a good source too)

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:53 pm

Why would anybody do anything in OP these days? Seems to me that anybody who tries to do anything up there these days is slagged off.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu May 27, 2021 7:59 pm

DS, the person who give you that information doest know what ther talking about.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Thu May 27, 2021 8:09 pm

DundalkScuap wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm
Pepsi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 pm Paddy Casey on The Town End podcast with some great insights to what the club are planning going forward, relaunch of the Patreon or similar, supporters clubs and community projects. Nice to hear of a non profit foundation/company being setup for the clubs community work. Well worth a listen ......
Hearing too much about him lately. He's only there to further for his own personal agenda. All his companies have big signage up around oriel (and they are not cheap). Has he paid a penny for it? Absolutely not.... And thats only the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully this "internal investigation" picks this up.
Ahhh come on ..... Paddy is self employed, he was hired by Peak6 / Dundalk FC to do a job for them together with his company. He is doing exactly just that ...... or do you feel he should be working for the club out of the goodness of his heart?? Even if he hasnt paid for the pitch side signage, did it ever cross your mind that he is maybe offering his services for a lower price or for free to the club. Win win for both. If you wish to share the rest of the iceberg that is on your mind feel free. The investigation to my knowledge has nothing to do with now .... it has to do with the period from the takeover up to a point in the not so distant past.

DundalkScuap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkScuap » Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Himself and Super agent Carroll have a lot of say up there. That's all i'll say. All will be revealed soon.