Dundalk v Rovers.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk v Rovers.

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:07 am

Good shape this evening. I thought we showed some fight. Zahibo grew into the game. In the 2nd half he got on the ball and passed it. Stanton won tackles and passed the ball forward I thought. We controlled the game and limited rovers to only a couple of chances.
More bizarre decisions from a LOI ref. Obvious fouls not given.
Plenty of talk about the lack of leadership/ lack of voices on the pitch. But is it only me who sees Zahibo talking and organising? He certainly had the plenty to say to the ref at HT and FT.
It’s criminal how many free kicks around the goal and corners we give away

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 am

That makes my weekend , back to back wins against Rovers , they just can’t beat the Town , we deprive them of a treble & break there unbeaten run . A couple of signings & a manager & we will be back on top , two big matches coming up v Bohs & Pats . Cmon the Town.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:48 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 am That makes my weekend , back to back wins against Rovers , they just can’t beat the Town , we deprive them of a treble & break there unbeaten run . A couple of signings & a manager & we will be back on top , two big matches coming up v Bohs & Pats . Cmon the Town.
Can you explain to me and everyone else how it is back to back victories v rovers? You do realise they beat us 2-1 in Tallaght last month in the league don't you?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sat May 22, 2021 10:12 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:48 am
Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 am That makes my weekend , back to back wins against Rovers , they just can’t beat the Town , we deprive them of a treble & break there unbeaten run . A couple of signings & a manager & we will be back on top , two big matches coming up v Bohs & Pats . Cmon the Town.
Can you explain to me and everyone else how it is back to back victories v rovers? You do realise they beat us 2-1 in Tallaght last month in the league don't you?
Perhaps he is trying to repress memories of the start of the season under the Italian bluffer. Don't blame him.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat May 22, 2021 11:58 am

Good win it surprised me to be honest but we move on to the next game hope we can keep those levels up again against other teams and not just rovers and get a manager sorted.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:07 pm

We were robbed in that other game , Niall , so I don’t count that . On another point of note ( rather than Niall wanting me to explain , why I didn’t recognise Rovers win , in between our victories). I thought Bradley’s interview & Magiltons one were glaring in the difference . Bradley was all about Rovers , never mentioned Dundalk , & Magilton was the complete opposite , complementing both teams & manager on a great game , and Niall , you better believe this Rovers team & manager , get NO recognition of me . It was dragged out of him last night , that Dundalk actually played in the game.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat May 22, 2021 2:05 pm

The lge table doesn't say we were robbed johnnyBG we hadn't b to b wins regardless.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:07 pm We were robbed in that other game , Niall , so I don’t count that . On another point of note ( rather than Niall wanting me to explain , why I didn’t recognise Rovers win , in between our victories). I thought Bradley’s interview & Magiltons one were glaring in the difference . Bradley was all about Rovers , never mentioned Dundalk , & Magilton was the complete opposite , complementing both teams & manager on a great game , and Niall , you better believe this Rovers team & manager , get NO recognition of me . It was dragged out of him last night , that Dundalk actually played in the game.
Well if we were robbed in tallaght then the same can be said of rvs last night. They hit the woodwork 3 times as well. The table never lies. It is 1 win apiece with 2 left to play.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Bad finishing by Rovers , plus they were lucky to keep eleven on the pitch , we could have won it 3-1 , bar a great save .

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Sat May 22, 2021 4:29 pm

Carrick_Road wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:52 am How are we all feeling about tonights game?

Im going to be quite optimistic and say a Dundalk win.

Ill be even more optimistic/deluded and say we will keep a clean sheet.

Heres hoping lol
Got one out of two right. Silly of me to think we would keep a clean sheet.

Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Quayman » Sat May 22, 2021 8:43 pm

Poor finishing and the pitch changing the bounce of a lob is what saved us last nite, the amount of frees and corners we gave away was scandalous and continued to do it in the second half. It's a running theme in every game, alot of players have picked up alot of yellows as well and be interesting to know if any of due suspensions soon. The Latvian is one I can think of who seems to be booked in nearly every game.
Neale Fenn....SCUM

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:54 pm

On the contrary , it should have been 4-1 , bar Manus making two point blank saves . We gave them a present & bar that they could’nt score.