Dundalk v Rovers.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Dundalk v Rovers.

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:50 am

A similar 4-2 win in the FAI CUP FINAL in Aviva will do nicely ,we miss Gartland for his leadership & drive & of course Hoban & Mc Millan , not to mention Patching . Rovers were lucky to get a point against Derry . Good luck to all .

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Dundalk v Rovers.

Post by Alrightourfella » Mon May 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Love to see a win but can't see it Dundalk are a mess on and off the field we've gone back 10 years players that signed just aren't good enough its a completely different squad from the cup final and Rovers are strong, hope this protest is peaceful and those involved get ther point across in the correct way.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Post by 0rl » Mon May 17, 2021 2:59 pm

Is this on TV or just WatchLOI? (cant see it on Virgin or RTE listings)

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Rte
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Post by 0rl » Mon May 17, 2021 3:44 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pmRte
Not seeing it on the RTE website listings or the Sky box listing...

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:22 pm

When is Will Patching coming back , see in the papers , they are saying he is Dundalk’s best player this year ( but for Derry City ).

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:22 pm When is Will Patching coming back , see in the papers , they are saying he is Dundalk’s best player this year ( but for Derry City ).
I believe he'll be back with us in July unless Derry ask to keep him for the rest of the season and we agree

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Well if the so called protest , is the couple of kids up on the perimeter wall , it’s beggars belief that they are allowed stand on a high wall , using a ladder . How are they allowed trespass . Under the Health & Safety Act , they should not be allowed . It was an embarrassment the last time on TV.
So , I take it the Security should stop them . It’s pathetic that a few morons are allowed near the ground . If one of them fell of the wall & suffered injury , they wouldn’t be long taking a claim against the club .

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:36 pm Well if the so called protest , is the couple of kids up on the perimeter wall , it’s beggars belief that they are allowed stand on a high wall , using a ladder . How are they allowed trespass . Under the Health & Safety Act , they should not be allowed . It was an embarrassment the last time on TV.
So , I take it the Security should stop them . It’s pathetic that a few morons are allowed near the ground . If one of them fell of the wall & suffered injury , they wouldn’t be long taking a claim against the club .
I was thinking there might be a few other fans who’ll take advantage of this protest to get up that ladder and get a good view before the protesters decide they’ve had enough and want to watch the game. Boys might pissed off when they see their ‘usual’ spots taken!!

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:57 pm

Towelie wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 pm
Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:22 pm When is Will Patching coming back , see in the papers , they are saying he is Dundalk’s best player this year ( but for Derry City ).
I believe he'll be back with us in July unless Derry ask to keep him for the rest of the season and we agree
I think Derry have the option of making it a permanent deal in July. The play goes through him at Derry and he's their main man.
If he was playing with Dundalk it would be chopping and changing with many midfielders.

Ryan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ryan » Tue May 18, 2021 11:56 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:36 pm Well if the so called protest , is the couple of kids up on the perimeter wall , it’s beggars belief that they are allowed stand on a high wall , using a ladder . How are they allowed trespass . Under the Health & Safety Act , they should not be allowed . It was an embarrassment the last time on TV.
They aren't in Oriel they are on the council's property. As far as I know the club called the guards to make them aware of the people climbing over the wall but it's an issue for the guards, not the club.
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue May 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Ryan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:56 am
They aren't in Oriel they are on the council's property. As far as I know the club called the guards to make them aware of the people climbing over the wall but it's an issue for the guards, not the club.
I believe you are incorrect there. The footpath down the centre belongs to the council. Historically there were barriers between that strip of land and the footpath, enclosing the area west of the boundary wall. Fencing has long since fallen into disrepair This would be born out by the fact that the original artificial pitch - when replaced - was stored in this area. You will recall it was set on fire one evening. You are correct in that the gardai were there at the clubs request to make sure no-one got carried away and jumped the fence/invaded the pitch. The way to deal with something like this is prevention - ensuring that it is not possible to access the wall in the first place. Now that people have started using it, the problem will have to be addressed at some point even if everything returns to normal, otherwise supporters who don't want to pay in - or can't get tickets - will start hanging out there to watch games. It's the last place you want home fans. Like Oriel Park itself, that strip of land belongs to the Casey Family Trust and forms part of the lease.

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Tue May 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Magilton to meet supporters planning the protest tomorrow

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Tue May 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Towelie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:33 pm Magilton to meet supporters planning the protest tomorrow
Maybe he'll bring them up to Belfast on a bonding mission......................
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Shamrock Rovers have a good starting point with goalkeeper and defence. Don't concede many goals. Dundalk with 1 clean sheet this season

It seems to be, to wait until the Mid season break to get a new manager in. Shamrock Rovers, Bohemains and St Pats to play before the mid season break.
Possibly waiting for other league seasons to finisih . But either way, Magilton will have to get a response in next few games.