Dundalk v Rovers.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v Rovers.

Post by GC. » Wed May 19, 2021 7:03 am

Richie87 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:08 pm Shamrock Rovers have a good starting point with goalkeeper and defence. Don't concede many goals. Dundalk with 1 clean sheet this season

It seems to be, to wait until the Mid season break to get a new manager in. Shamrock Rovers, Bohemains and St Pats to play before the mid season break.
Possibly waiting for other league seasons to finisih . But either way, Magilton will have to get a response in next few games.
Sadly I’m not sure even a magician as famous as Gemini couldn’t conjure up a response from this group of players, as they don’t seem to have the professional pride to play anywhere near their ability.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Fri May 21, 2021 11:52 am

How are we all feeling about tonights game?

Im going to be quite optimistic and say a Dundalk win.

Ill be even more optimistic/deluded and say we will keep a clean sheet.

Heres hoping lol

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:53 am

Carrick_Road wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:52 am How are we all feeling about tonights game?

Im going to be quite optimistic and say a Dundalk win.

Ill be even more optimistic/deluded and say we will keep a clean sheet.

Heres hoping lol
We will know after about 15 minutes if they are up for the game me or going through the motions for 90 mins.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Fri May 21, 2021 12:00 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:53 am
We will know after about 15 minutes if they are up for the game me or going through the motions for 90 mins.
Agreed. Shouldnt need any motivation for a game of this magnitude. It will be a vital 3 points is one thing but to finish Rovers unbeaten streak in the league could be the catalyst for the players to realize they are better than they have been performing and perhaps go on a run of themselves.

Massive game, doesnt get bigger than this, if they cant get up for it based on that alone they shouldnt be wearing the Jersey.

I see on social media the protest is still going ahead, lets hope it passes peacfully and is an added incentive for the players.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Carrick_Road wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:00 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:53 am
Agreed. Shouldnt need any motivation for a game of this magnitude. It will be a vital 3 points is one thing but to finish Rovers unbeaten streak in the league could be the catalyst for the players to realize they are better than they have been performing and perhaps go on a run of themselves.

Massive game, doesnt get bigger than this, if they cant get up for it based on that alone they shouldnt be wearing the Jersey.

I see on social media the protest is still going ahead, lets hope it passes peacfully and is an added incentive for the players.
To be honest i feel the players should feel some of the backlash. It's they who are going out and underperforming on the pitch week in week out.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Fri May 21, 2021 1:22 pm

God be with the days when Rovers could get a lift by beating Dundalk in Oriel Park. Let's be honest, even a draw would be seen as points dropped by them

Some of the smarter ones in their squad will be thinking "that could be us one day".

Sadly. no football fan has an automatic right that their club will always be run by people who know what they are doing.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Have a feeling these tramps are going to pull our trousers down and give us a good spanking. Might just be what the players need.

Just to quote oldfogey "Sadly, no football fan has an automatic right that their club will always be run by people who know what they are doing."
Even if they were running the club correctly their would still be people demanding things are done differently, fast or more money spent. Some people are never happy.

Interesting is that we are going into this one once again with injuries to players. Something is not right in the S&C or medical department.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri May 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Rovers are a shadow of the team they were last year but unfortunately we are as bad as we've been since 2012. This would have been a season we would have put them back in their place under Kenny and/or different chairman but we're at where we are and deservedly so.

Having said that I have a feeling we'll win tonight. If the players can't motivate themselves for Rovers they never will.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Pepsi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:43 pm Even if they were running the club correctly their would still be people demanding things are done differently, fast or more money spent.
Are you finally admitting that the club isn't being run properly? :)

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Pepsi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:43 pm Even if they were running the club correctly their would still be people demanding things are done differently, fast or more money spent.
Your proper and their proper are different, we all know that, what I think is irrelvant, however I do feel they have improved parts of the business. They have also placed more experienced people in key positions.
Just out of interest, would you let your mother in law come into your house and tell you how to spend your hard earned wages?? Would you let your neighbour do it on the grounds they think you are a nice lad??? Would any shop owner in town allow you to tell them how to run their shop just because you are a customer??? Same as fans telling Peak6 how to run Dundalk FC .... it is a business for them, one that they are putting millions of their own money into in an attempt to keep it going and improve it. Fans had a chance prior to Peak6 taking over (budgets were a lot lower back then), and couldnt do it, hence Fastfix stepping in, so why do you think they will be able to do it now??? How much would you be willing to put into the club on a monthly basis on top of what you already put in on pints, match tickets, patreon ..... ??? It is very easy to call people out when you do not have a penny to lose or risk of being asked to pay more, it is another thing when it is strangers trying to tell you how to spend your own money.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri May 21, 2021 4:29 pm

Pepsi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Your proper and their proper are different, we all know that, what I think is irrelvant, however I do feel they have improved parts of the business. They have also placed more experienced people in key positions.
Just out of interest, would you let your mother in law come into your house and tell you how to spend your hard earned wages?? Would you let your neighbour do it on the grounds they think you are a nice lad??? Would any shop owner in town allow you to tell them how to run their shop just because you are a customer??? Same as fans telling Peak6 how to run Dundalk FC .... it is a business for them, one that they are putting millions of their own money into in an attempt to keep it going and improve it. Fans had a chance prior to Peak6 taking over (budgets were a lot lower back then), and couldnt do it, hence Fastfix stepping in, so why do you think they will be able to do it now??? How much would you be willing to put into the club on a monthly basis on top of what you already put in on pints, match tickets, patreon ..... ??? It is very easy to call people out when you do not have a penny to lose or risk of being asked to pay more, it is another thing when it is strangers trying to tell you how to spend your own money.
I take advice all the time on how to spend my money. If I am going to buy a car I would talk to a mechanic, read reviews or consult friends and family that know a lot more about cars than I do. I wouldn't go out and buy a car because some shady salesman pushed it towards me.

It's not all black and white as much as you try and make it out to be, if I am not happy with how the club is run the only alternative is mortgage the house and try to take over? That's a pretty ridiculous argument. Can I not will for the club to be run better? For what it's worth I don't want Peak6 out, I want a chairman that hasn't a clue about football to take a step back.

You've criticised the players a number of times. So following your logic would that mean you can no longer criticise unless you lace up your boots, turn up for training and prove you can do better?

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Who pays the wages , if Bill pulls out . The so called protestors , just might get what they wish for . See how many of them will go to matches then , in the first Division .

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 pm

Six changes to the Dundalk team from last week

1 Alessio Abibi
23 Cameron Dummigan
5 Chris Shields
4 Andy Boyle
13 Raivis Jurkovskis
8 Sam Stanton
19 Wilfried Zahibo
27 Daniel Kelly
11 Patrick McEleney
7 Michael Duffy
29 David McMillan

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Fri May 21, 2021 6:50 pm

4-2-3-1 judging by that lineup. Shields at centre half.

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Jesus, what was that ...