Dundalk v Bohs.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v Bohs.

Post by Louth4sam » Mon May 24, 2021 9:06 pm

One of the most frustrating things is the league as a whole is piss poor this season. If we had a proper manager in place at the start of the season and players were motivated we could have won the league at a canter
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:14 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 pm Even before VP's departure/sacking a malaise had set into the dressing room and bit by bit the dynamics started to fall apart.
One or two bad eggs in there, with boys questioning who was picking the team or going to others within the club asking why they are not part of it. The dynamics of that dressing room that kenny not only created but helped foster has been destroyed since VPs departure.

The malaise and poor form wont end until the dressing room is cleared out. A new manager needs to come in with full control and responsibility over players and get rid of the bad eggs and who they dont fancy.

I'm open to correction but is there only 1 player on the books for next year
Might be a blessing
Interesting points .

IMO JM has been dropping hints since he’s been on the sideline about this dressing room needing a manager not a coach and mentioning character a few times.

All eyes on the new appointment I suppose

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:42 pm

Rovers on the slide , beaten again at home. Pats & Derry draw , great win for Drogheda & bottom two teams beaten .

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:42 pm Rovers on the slide , beaten again at home. Pats & Derry draw , great win for Drogheda & bottom two teams beaten .
Sligo were a pleasure to watch and well worth their win.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:49 pm

Towelie wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:47 pm It will be sad to see the old heads go. Great servants, everyone of them and that includes the ones that left like Ganno and Mountney but I think a full rebuild is what the team needs, if we're lucky enough to get a half decent manager in with a knowledge of the league then there's no reason why we can't assemble a decent squad with our budget.

The international experiment has failed sadly.
If we don't get European football next season I would imagine that budget will be decimated going forward..
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:54 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:59 pm It’s hard to know , what to say . But one thing for sure , we need a top manager . It looks like it’s clear out time . This is the point where it has to be built up again . On the plus side , Rovers beaten again .
The only plus side we need to be worrying about is the results of the likes of Waterford and Longford and hope they continue losing matches.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 am

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 7:17 am

Key line: “They say the teams reflects the managers – but if that’s me then I’m in a f*cking dark place. I’d be looking at myself tonight thinking I’m not who I think I am.“

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:52 am

“We need a clearout. You need to recruit players who can handle that pressure of playing here and at the minute we don’t have them.

https://t.co/5I2eKXNHjV?amp=1

To the point from Magilton, but probaly shouldn't be saying that with another game coming soon on Friday. If they plan to offload players in July, keep it in house.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:59 pm It’s hard to know , what to say . But one thing for sure , we need a top manager . It looks like it’s clear out time . This is the point where it has to be built up again . On the plus side , Rovers beaten again .
FG's why is Rovers losing relevant to us. They are miles ahead of us. I am spitting feathers this morning. Did not comment last night as I was too angry so here goes. No fight, no spirit, no pride and unfortunately, no ability. The biggest bunch of clowns I have ever seen in a white shirt, and don't start me on the owners and management. I thought we had hit an all time low under Caffrey but to be fair, he took over a crap team. The team this shower took over were serial winners. Sack the lot for incompetence and play the youth team from now until the end of the season. The club is rotten from the top down. It is just very sad.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Tue May 25, 2021 9:01 am

Richie87 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:52 am “We need a clearout. You need to recruit players who can handle that pressure of playing here and at the minute we don’t have them.

https://t.co/5I2eKXNHjV?amp=1

To the point from Magilton, but probaly shouldn't be saying that with another game coming soon on Friday. If they plan to offload players in July, keep it in house.
FFS he must have sanctioned the signings...........useless hunt!