Dundalk v St. Pats.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v St. Pats.

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 am

Could be wrong but Pats had two efforts on target last night but neither were saved by the keeper.. McMillan cleared one off the line and Boyle threw himself in front of the other.

Jim has said he's looking at the goalkeeper situation and I fully expect a new arrival in July. Brian Murphy for 18 months would do the job.

Surely Gary Rogers could be employed to find us one or two long term candidates... Isn't he working in a scouting capacity now?

mujas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by mujas » Sat May 29, 2021 11:49 am

New keeper needs to be top priority. He is shocking! In my opinion it can be the most destructive weakness to have as it effects the decision making for the back 4 too. We must have got Abibi from a Christmas cracker or something. Shocking!
Scottie bit Macca's legs.....no reason

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Two very good results this week. Hopefully Bohs was a season low that we can put behind us. Time will tell.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sat May 29, 2021 4:22 pm

Abibi reminds me of the Sunday / pub team we all probably played in back in the day, when for any reason an outfield player had to go in goal.

You hadn't a clue where to stand or how to jump for corners, plus most times you wouldn't get down when a goal was scored, that was football for fun, this guy is probably getting well in excess of 1500 a week but he looks like a total amateur, and I can't see how he is picked over Cherrie, who has his limitations, but he has played there before.

I still don't believe Abibi played pro football before as a GK.

Overall on last night, if we stick to 4 at the back, and the work rate is upped there and in defence by absorbing pressure, then hitting teams on the break with a front 2 of Hoban and McMillan, this might be the chance to save the season and finish 3rd. As long as we can hold out in the meantime for a new GK to arrive.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:34 pm

Abibi , man of the match .👍

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:31 pm

I was very critical of the team after the Bohs game. I questioned their professional pride and their commitment to the jersey. Well I think it’s important to also praise the efforts when it is merited. All the players showed fight and professionalism against Pats. They really dug in and looked like they would do anything to defend the lead and win the game. Well done lads!