Dundalk v St. Pats.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Dundalk v St. Pats.

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:17 pm

It’s back on the horse v St. Pats in Richmond , & then two matches at home v the bottom two clubs . It’s rally the troops time . When the going gets tough , the tough get going .

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v St. Pats.

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 7:19 am

Maybe if there was a celebration with positivity outside the next home games, where the fans show the players that they are behind them rather than the negativity of being greeted by a protest. It might give the players a boost. The reasons for the negativity are understandable but people generally react better when supported.
Last edited by GC. on Tue May 25, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 7:33 am

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 am

GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:19 am Maybe if there was a celebration with positivity outside the next home games, where the fans show the players that they are behind them rather than the negativity of being greeted by a protest. It might give the players a boost. The reasons for the negativity are understandable but people generally react better when supported.
If i am on a cpl of grand a week i wouldn't need a celebration to play football. I'd already celebrate being the luckiest fecker alive.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Tue May 25, 2021 8:24 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 am
GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:19 am Maybe if there was a celebration with positivity outside the next home games, where the fans show the players that they are behind them rather than the negativity of being greeted by a protest. It might give the players a boost. The reasons for the negativity are understandable but people generally react better when supported.
If i am on a cpl of grand a week i wouldn't need a celebration to play football. I'd already celebrate being the luckiest fecker alive.
Spot on Niall!

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue May 25, 2021 8:35 am

What a totally bizarre post.

This isn't a bunch of plucky kids cobbled together like the 2012 season, this is a team that Matt Hulsizer described as getting paid twice as much as anyone else in the league. I know you're one of the few posters that are firmly in the pro Peak6 camp but are you really suggesting that the protest is part of the problem?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 am

Nothing bizarre about it. When things aren’t going your way, it Can get to you mentally no matter how much you are paid. I’ve seen it in work. I’ve seen people who were paid way more than me get affected mentally by things. Their work suffered greatly.

With regards to the protest and abuse that Hoban got, it all adds a little extra to the mental pressure. Why do you think JM was trying to get McGuinness on board??

Calling it bizarre and expecting the players to perform at their peak consistently is denying that mental stress becomes an issue when there is a house of cards shaking during an earthquake around them.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ArFella » Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 am

GC you are hilarious, the protest is to blame despite the fact that we actually won the night of the protest... How about the previous 9 weeks? Was the tea lady to blame for not putting enough sugar in their tea? These are (well, used to be) professional footballers, they have either downed tools for the second time in 15 months or the monstars from Space Jam have stolen their talent and I know which one I believe to be more likely.
I am anti-Peak6 because I don't think an investment firm should be allowed anywhere near a community club because it can only go one way, and we are well on that way, but the players have to take some responsibility here. What in god's name are they doing on the training pitch that they can't string 3 passes together? Are they paying any attention to the opposition analysis?? They shouldn't need to, to know how to defend against Georgie Kelly because they trained every f***ing day with him for 2 years!!!
The only silver lining is that with JM (the smuggest man who ever lived) and Buffalo Bill choosing the next manager we'll get it so wrong that we'll be relegated next year and hopefully P6 will sell at a massive loss and the club can be built up again by the community that truly love it. It will be a long hard road but at least we'll have the Kenny Era memories. Dundalk will never die, but Peak6 will.
Mon the Town!

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 9:54 am

More protests and having a go at players (e.g. Hoban), will have an effect. There is serious mental health denial going on here. People get stuck in a rut, which is obvious from the way certain players who have consistently played to high levels in the past, are now struggling to perform. Putting people in a hostile environment at home matches really isn't going to help them get out of a rut. Supporters directly affect players, and it is obvious to see how players perform differently when getting support behind them at games. It lifts them a notch.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am

GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:54 am More protests and having a go at players (e.g. Hoban), will have an effect. There is serious mental health denial going on here. People get stuck in a rut, which is obvious from the way certain players who have consistently played to high levels in the past, are now struggling to perform. Putting people in a hostile environment at home matches really isn't going to help them get out of a rut. Supporters directly affect players, and it is obvious to see how players perform differently when getting support behind them at games. It lifts them a notch.
Every club are playing under the same issues during lockdown. I didn't see rovers downing tools. Sports psychology plays a massive role in sport nowadays even at underage level. I am all for it and embrace it within my own field of expertise which is athletics, however, these players will all walk away with a bounce in their step come December. We don't have that luxury. Last season was bad enough finishing 3rd, this year we are hoping to finish at least 3rd from bottom. If i was a manager not a hope I would take the job on in this moment in time. Would you inherit this team to have your reputation tarnished. I actually think it is more a case of nobody of any pedigree wants the job as opposed to us waiting til the season ends in Europe to appoint a manager.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am

GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 am Nothing bizarre about it. When things aren’t going your way, it Can get to you mentally no matter how much you are paid. I’ve seen it in work. I’ve seen people who were paid way more than me get affected mentally by things. Their work suffered greatly.

With regards to the protest and abuse that Hoban got, it all adds a little extra to the mental pressure. Why do you think JM was trying to get McGuinness on board??

Calling it bizarre and expecting the players to perform at their peak consistently is denying that mental stress becomes an issue when there is a house of cards shaking during an earthquake around them.
It's bizarre that you are focussing on fans and pointing fingers at them rather than looking at how the club is being run and asking why things aren't going the players way and what has caused this terminal decline. This is a team that was one kick of a ball in a penalty shootout from winning every domestic competition we entered. What changed in the following months?

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am I actually think it is more a case of nobody of any pedigree wants the job as opposed to us waiting til the season ends in Europe to appoint a manager.
Have heard from a couple of people now that the brakes have been applied due to the ongoing investigation within the club.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 10:29 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am
GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:54 am More protests and having a go at players (e.g. Hoban), will have an effect. There is serious mental health denial going on here. People get stuck in a rut, which is obvious from the way certain players who have consistently played to high levels in the past, are now struggling to perform. Putting people in a hostile environment at home matches really isn't going to help them get out of a rut. Supporters directly affect players, and it is obvious to see how players perform differently when getting support behind them at games. It lifts them a notch.
Every club are playing under the same issues during lockdown. I didn't see rovers downing tools. Sports psychology plays a massive role in sport nowadays even at underage level. I am all for it and embrace it within my own field of expertise which is athletics, however, these players will all walk away with a bounce in their step come December. We don't have that luxury. Last season was bad enough finishing 3rd, this year we are hoping to finish at least 3rd from bottom. If i was a manager not a hope I would take the job on in this moment in time. Would you inherit this team to have your reputation tarnished. I actually think it is more a case of nobody of any pedigree wants the job as opposed to us waiting til the season ends in Europe to appoint a manager.
Something must have happened within the dressing room (ignoring other shit going on) last season. It has carried on to this season. Maybe one of the players will write his memoirs of his time at Dundalk and we’ll find out. The players heads certainly don’t seem to be in the right place. It could be one big cause, or lots of tiny ones building up. That’s where McGuinness could have helped. I hope JM is still looking for a sports psychologist.

I don’t see any manager wanting the job either, unless they have been out of the game for a long time e.g. Roddy Collins.
Last edited by GC. on Tue May 25, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 10:29 am

Double post

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 am

Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am
GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 am Nothing bizarre about it. When things aren’t going your way, it Can get to you mentally no matter how much you are paid. I’ve seen it in work. I’ve seen people who were paid way more than me get affected mentally by things. Their work suffered greatly.

It's bizarre that you are focussing on fans and pointing fingers at them rather than looking at how the club is being run and asking why things aren't going the players way and what has caused this terminal decline. This is a team that was one kick of a ball in a penalty shootout from winning every domestic competition we entered. What changed in the following months?
We the fans have no control in the club. I don’t think any protest will affect Bill as he is in Florida. What might affect him is the conversation at the Xmas dinner table with his son. “Hey dad. How is my €10m investment going?”

So I’m saying to back the team. Try to give them the boost that only fans can.

I understand the negativity. I’m not feeling good about the situation either. We are currently the underdogs for most matches at the moment. We are not used to it. However, there is no point in discouraging the guys who go out on the pitch. They know how bad they are performing at the moment. They are getting it in the ear from management publicly! Put yourself in their shoes after that. It is possible to be critical of performances, but also get behind them.