Dundalk v St. Pats.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Dundalk v St. Pats.

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue May 25, 2021 10:54 am

Something is broken within the club we all have different opinions what that may me but someone needs to take control and quick, Roddy Collins was at a big club in Derry and hadn't a clue he couldn't manage a good sh**e what a bluffer imagine him being told what to do by bill there is enough clowns at the circus.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 10:56 am

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:54 am Something is broken within the club we all have different opinions what that may me but someone needs to take control and quick, Roddy Collins was at a big club in Derry and hadn't a clue he couldn't manage a good sh**e what a bluffer imagine him being told what to do by bill there is enough clowns at the circus.
I certainly wasn’t advocating him 😂😂

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue May 25, 2021 11:12 am

GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 am
Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am
GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 am Nothing bizarre about it. When things aren’t going your way, it Can get to you mentally no matter how much you are paid. I’ve seen it in work. I’ve seen people who were paid way more than me get affected mentally by things. Their work suffered greatly.

With regards to the protest and abuse that Hoban got, it all adds a little extra to the mental pressure. Why do you think JM was trying to get McGuinness on board??

Calling it bizarre and expecting the players to perform at their peak consistently is denying that mental stress becomes an issue when there is a house of cards shaking during an earthquake around them.
It's bizarre that you are focussing on fans and pointing fingers at them rather than looking at how the club is being run and asking why things aren't going the players way and what has caused this terminal decline. This is a team that was one kick of a ball in a penalty shootout from winning every domestic competition we entered. What changed in the following months?
We the fans have no control in the club. I don’t think any protest will affect Bill as he is in Florida. What might affect him is the conversation at the Xmas dinner table with his son. “Hey dad. How is my €10m investment going?”

So I’m saying to back the team. Try to give them the boost that only fans can.

I understand the negativity. I’m not feeling good about the situation either. We are currently the underdogs for most matches at the moment. We are not used to it. However, there is no point in discouraging the guys who go out on the pitch. They know how bad they are performing at the moment. They are getting it in the ear from management publicly! Put yourself in their shoes after that. It is possible to be critical of performances, but also get behind them.
You've consistently defended Peak6 on here and have called out fans for resisting change when they criticised the running of the club. We've gone from a team that was one kick of a ball in a penalty shootout from winning every domestic competition we entered to a team that is third last in the league. If it's not Peak6's fault and now it seems it's not the players fault, who's fault is it?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 am

Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:12 am
Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am

It's bizarre that you are focussing on fans and pointing fingers at them rather than looking at how the club is being run and asking why things aren't going the players way and what has caused this terminal decline. This is a team that was one kick of a ball in a penalty shootout from winning every domestic competition we entered. What changed in the following months?
We the fans have no control in the club. I don’t think any protest will affect Bill as he is in Florida. What might affect him is the conversation at the Xmas dinner table with his son. “Hey dad. How is my €10m investment going?”

I understand the negativity. I’m not feeling good about the situation either. We are currently the underdogs for most matches at the moment. We are not used to it. However, there is no point in discouraging the guys who go out on the pitch. They know how bad they are performing at the moment. They are getting it in the ear from management publicly! Put yourself in their shoes after that. It is possible to be critical of performances, but also get behind them.
You've consistently defended Peak6 on here and have called out fans for resisting change when they criticised the running of the club. We've gone from a team that was one kick of a ball in a penalty shootout from winning every domestic competition we entered to a team that is third last in the league. If it's not Peak6's fault and now it seems it's not the players fault, who's fault is it?
If you don’t like different opinions then maybe an Internet forum is not the best place to be. However, since you are here, if you actually go back and read my posts, I have been critical of the running of the club too. I would like you to back up where I called out fans for resisting change. If you actually read rather than react you will see that I said some people within organisations are resistant to change.

I was one of the first here to call out the players for non-performance. You’d have seen that since you remember all my posts. However, when you want a team to perform you don’t constantly be on their back. I have already said (if you read my posts as close as you think you do), you will see that I said it is possible to be critical, yet supportive. You actually quoted that post!

Please deal with facts when you are trying to attack someone for their posts, and their different opinions.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:36 am

I genuinely believe if fans were allowed into the next home game that the players would receive tremendous support from the majority in Oriel (until we are 2-0 down after 7 minutes ;) )

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:36 am I genuinely believe if fans were allowed into the next home game that the players would receive tremendous support from the majority in Oriel (until we are 2-0 down after 7 minutes ;) )
LOL at the bolded bit.

I agree that they would get great support from the majority. It would also give the team a big boost too.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:48 am

Some of the posts here are dispicable , who do you think you are to abuse & ridicule on a public forum . Supporters my arse , the toxicity as you call it , is not in the club , it’s in some of the Hill Billy comments & actions. New owners came in & granted didn’t know the lie of the land & what happens. The bad season last year , we win the FAI CUP , & qualify for Europa League & win € 3 Million. We are within a couple of wins of going up the table , & granted we need a centre half & a dynamic midfielder & a top keeper. Don’t forget we are without Cleary , Gartland , Hoban & a few more. This is all in the history , of Dundalk FC. Who will ever forget Filipo running around Aviva with the FAI CUP & Rovers on their knees & the unfortunate man , was ran out of town , before that it was Vinny & the Gillio on the mat. How many of you were around & supported the club , when we were in the graveyard of the First Division for 7 years. For me the majority in Dundalk , were never real supporters, you don’t know what that is , to support. You could get 12,000 to come up to Aviva , on Cup Final Day & disappear for the rest of the year . You are dealing with human beings , who mean well & may be a bit down , but ass holes don’t understand that . Roy Keane once said , it’s from defeats you learn & after the dust settles after Dalyer , it is back to the drawing board & how do we sort it. You don’t run away & bury your head in the sand. You stand up & take it on. There is no doubt , the team needs to be refreshed . That happens in football & can be fixed fairly easy , by any good football man , that knows the game. It starts with an air tight defence. The likes of Martin Lawlor, Paddy Dunning , Dermot Keely , Tommy Mc Connville,& Richie Blackmore in goals. A manager like Jim Mc Loughlin , or Stephen Kenny. Can you imagine Jim Mc Loughlin , going in to that dressing room in Dalyer last night . The door would be closed & boots would be flying ( in the air) across the room . If some players want to move on , that’s ok , thanks for the memories & good luck & all the best , where ever you go . You will always be welcome in Oriel for a pint . So let’s take it one game at a time , put in big shifts ( each player ) , that’s all you can ask , leave nothing on the pitch & if you do that , you can walk off , head high . Confidence is a big thing in football .👍

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue May 25, 2021 11:56 am

GC I know you weren't mate just giving my opinion on old rodders, hopefully the management situation is sorted this week so we can some sort of normality back.

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief » Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am I actually think it is more a case of nobody of any pedigree wants the job as opposed to us waiting til the season ends in Europe to appoint a manager.
Have heard from a couple of people now that the brakes have been applied due to the ongoing investigation within the club.
Sorry if it has been already mentioned elsewhere, but what is the investigation looking into?

Kartoffel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Kartoffel » Tue May 25, 2021 1:51 pm

ArFella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 am The only silver lining is that with JM (the smuggest man who ever lived) and Buffalo Bill choosing the next manager we'll get it so wrong that we'll be relegated next year and hopefully P6 will sell at a massive loss and the club can be built up again by the community that truly love it. It will be a long hard road but at least we'll have the Kenny Era memories. Dundalk will never die, but Peak6 will.
Be careful what you wish for. As things stand Dundalk fc owes 1.7m to other peak 6 entities, but the club seems to have plenty of cash. But if dundalk miss out on Europe, peak6 may decide to use any cash to repay themselves and run for the hills. Better for everyone involved if the club is an entity with some resale value whenever they pack up.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue May 25, 2021 3:51 pm

GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 am

If you don’t like different opinions then maybe an Internet forum is not the best place to be. However, since you are here, if you actually go back and read my posts, I have been critical of the running of the club too. I would like you to back up where I called out fans for resisting change. If you actually read rather than react you will see that I said some people within organisations are resistant to change.

I was one of the first here to call out the players for non-performance. You’d have seen that since you remember all my posts. However, when you want a team to perform you don’t constantly be on their back. I have already said (if you read my posts as close as you think you do), you will see that I said it is possible to be critical, yet supportive. You actually quoted that post!

Please deal with facts when you are trying to attack someone for their posts, and their different opinions.
Unless I took this part of a previous post up wrong (and if I did I apologise), it seems to be you're suggesting that a fan here is resistant to change.
GC. wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 am It sounds like change is taking place and change can take time.

Your idea and my idea of devastating seem to be two different things. As I said earlier people react differently to change. I can see James and yourself in some of my colleagues and ex-colleagues.
You might say that you have been playing devil's advocate as we don't know with 100% certainty what is going on behind the scenes and that's fair enough but lets deal with facts like you've said. We are third from bottom in the league, have just lost 5-1 to a club that is struggling to score goals, we haven't had a manager in place in five weeks and there is no sign of one coming in, our next manager will be our 5th manager in little over a year, we are in real danger of missing out on European football and associated prize money, have fans protesting outside games, our director of football has just said he needs a clearout of the dressing room.

If your opinion is that in little under a year and a half we've gone from being the best team in the league beating everyone in our paths to an absolute basket case because some people within organisations are resistant to change, I feel your opinion needs to be attacked.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:12 am I actually think it is more a case of nobody of any pedigree wants the job as opposed to us waiting til the season ends in Europe to appoint a manager.
Have heard from a couple of people now that the brakes have been applied due to the ongoing investigation within the club.
This investigation was mentioned as almost an aside by James Rogers in a his Podcast and it hasn’t gotten any traction with the local or national media.
So can I ask if Peak6 are investigating something or are Prak6 being investigated by somebody else?
Also, why would it affect the appointment of a new manager?

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ArFella » Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Kartoffel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:51 pm
ArFella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 am The only silver lining is that with JM (the smuggest man who ever lived) and Buffalo Bill choosing the next manager we'll get it so wrong that we'll be relegated next year and hopefully P6 will sell at a massive loss and the club can be built up again by the community that truly love it. It will be a long hard road but at least we'll have the Kenny Era memories. Dundalk will never die, but Peak6 will.
Be careful what you wish for. As things stand Dundalk fc owes 1.7m to other peak 6 entities, but the club seems to have plenty of cash. But if dundalk miss out on Europe, peak6 may decide to use any cash to repay themselves and run for the hills. Better for everyone involved if the club is an entity with some resale value whenever they pack up.
Oh it's far from wishful thinking, it is the inevitable end to this nightmare and it's been written in stone since the ink dried on the contract of sale to Peak6. I feared it at the time but will admit to getting swept up in the initial optimism with Mike Treacy as chairman but the Bill Hulsizer era has been a tragic comedy of bad decision after bad decision, to the point where legendary players, once part of the fabric of the town of Dundalk, simply don't care about the team anymore, because it's already dead...
Mon the Town!

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Yeah yeah we were one kick away from winning a treble and Peak6 have ripped everything good up apparently. Even if you believe all that, the performances in the league since last Summer have been disgraceful and as Ronan O’Gara said after his team lost the rugby champions league final “Excuses are for losers”. Bill hasn’t been on the pitch as far as I’ve seen and these players have stopped playing under 3 different managers. As I said yesterday, where is their pride??
JM said that he never played for a manager. Well I don’t agree with that. The best managers get their players to run through walls. But I do agree with him when he says that first and foremost you play for yourself, your teammates and your club. I have very little good to say about Roy Keane but the likes of him played for their own pride and let others know when they were letting the side down.
Where are the voices on the pitch? Who is looking after the standards that have been set??
Was it not true that all the players from last year were out of contract at the end of last season?
If things were so ‘toxic’ under Bill as fans keep saying, why did the majority of the squad sign up for another year?

This is NOT a defence of Peak6 and Bill , but as I said excuses are for losers

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:51 pm
GC. wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 am

Unless I took this part of a previous post up wrong (and if I did I apologise), it seems to be you're suggesting that a fan here is resistant to change.
GC. wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 am It sounds like change is taking place and change can take time.

Your idea and my idea of devastating seem to be two different things. As I said earlier people react differently to change. I can see James and yourself in some of my colleagues and ex-colleagues.
You might say that you have been playing devil's advocate as we don't know with 100% certainty what is going on behind the scenes and that's fair enough but lets deal with facts like you've said. We are third from bottom in the league, have just lost 5-1 to a club that is struggling to score goals, we haven't had a manager in place in five weeks and there is no sign of one coming in, our next manager will be our 5th manager in little over a year, we are in real danger of missing out on European football and associated prize money, have fans protesting outside games, our director of football has just said he needs a clearout of the dressing room.

If your opinion is that in little under a year and a half we've gone from being the best team in the league beating everyone in our paths to an absolute basket case because some people within organisations are resistant to change, I feel your opinion needs to be attacked.
Firstly, you did not attack my opinion. You attacked me. The old thing on internet forums is to attack the post, and not the poster.

You have quoted me out of context. If you re-read the posts in that thread, you will hopefully understand what I was saying. It was about staff. Even the post you quoted states: "As I said earlier people react differently to change." I do find it extremely strange that some posters have latched onto the fact that some people are resistant to organisational change and try to use it as a point scoring exercise against me and a couple of others. It fails each time because they are trying to score points against something that is true. It is carried from thread to thread, and I'm sure it isn't fun for many people to read the same crap in so many places.

As for playing devils advocate, I don't think so. I just don't throw a tantrum when things don't go the way I wish. I also understand that there are multiple sides to the same story, and the most negative is usually the one that gets publicised. I don't claim to know things when I don't. I don't claim to hear something and take it as fact without knowing the full story. Many people these days react to headlines only, and don't want to know the story behind it. In many cases, the story is often different to the headline. I prefer to read past the headline. Maybe I have mellowed with age. I understand that Peak6 are a private company and really can do whatever they want with the club. They are the sole shareholders.

As for this year, I'd be thinking that it will be written off by Peak6 if the next manager doesn't make an instant impact and we make the European spots. It will be considered transitional, as changes obviously were made to the playing, coaching and other club staff, and the director of football has possibly spent more time on the training ground than doing his own job....and maybe even mean that part of the transition is Bill moving on when he has that awkward Xmas dinner conversation with his son.

The public comment JM made about the clear out is very unprofessional, and I wouldn't consider it good management. Like everyone here, I am curious to know what the hell is going on in the dressing room, but something has obviously happened in the dressing room unless he is a complete loon in saying that to the press. I don't have a clue which.

However, I stand by the need to support the team when they are on the pitch. Cheer them on, and don't abuse. After all, as Johnnybegood said earlier, they are humans.