Fans Back at Games

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Fans Back at Games

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm

I wanted to start this thread with regards to the 100 fans that are being drawn at random to attend games.

This is a bit of a bugbear for me as obviously I haven’t been picked out yet even though I’m a ST holder and Patron member. I realise Patron Memebership and isn’t a criteria but I’ve got the hump and just wanted to put it out there that I’m a member!

Ive no issue with the two supporters who are doing the draw. I welcome that the club picked supporters liaison officers to do it.
I would like to know what the criteria for each draw is. One of the officers said on Twitter that those who attended Waterford would not be in the Longford draw but he wasn’t sure about future draws. ( obviously not his fault )
IMO any ST holder who gets picked out should not be put back in any future draw until all current ST holders have had a chance of getting to Oriel.
In fact, as far as I’m concerned none of the fans who were drawn out for last seasons games should be in it either until all ST holders have been taken care of. Surely the club have a record of who got in last season post lockdown and can do a cross reference check.

After renewing my ST this year, I’d be seriously pissed off and it would be serious bad form by the club if fans were to get into 2 games this season while others were yet to get into 1.

I hope the club will make a statement at some stage and make the whole procedure clear because from my POV it isn’t .

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Fans Back at Games

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 pm

I didn't get drawn out last year and I didn't renew this year. Hopefully all season ticket holders can be accommodated over the rest of the games as it's a big commitment buying a season ticket as it's such an unknown this year.

If I remember correctly of supporters were drawn last year they weren't in future draws. I'd be surprised if it wasn't this same this year.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 pm

100% martin, but even if club state it to be the case would you honestly believe them? I didnt renew this season so have no issue in not attending a game this season but you should hear the moaning on the new sc fb page. "What about fans who arent season ticket holders not getting tickets!" Eh pay at the gate fans are not out of pocket, season ticket holders are. And so are very deserving of getting tickets simple as.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:20 pm

100% with you Martin, if a fan is picked out, they should be removed until everyone has seen a game. Nice that the club are trying to make the draw fair in that fans are pulling out the names.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:37 pm

After watching Vinny’s interview , I’m even more pissed off that I not going to OP tomorrow night so I can welcome him back!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Imagine how pissed off tou be if you were there last week watching that muck and won’t get in again anytime soon!

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:20 pm

Shoco wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:01 pm Imagine how pissed off tou be if you were there last week watching that muck and won’t get in again anytime soon!
Can’t disagree

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 am

Looks like there will be 100 tickets made available for rovers away .
Any other way to do it except another draw for ST holders? (with those already drawn out for the last couple of home games excluded ?! ) .
Some of us of course are still waiting to get drawn out for a home game…

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:34 am

And the wait goes on…

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by GSBellew » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:31 am

And on, guess it depends if they are putting everyone back into the draw or not.

There haven't been too many games with fans back though have there? Can't remember how many there were last year now.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:43 am

GSBellew wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:31 am And on, guess it depends if they are putting everyone back into the draw or not.

There haven't been too many games with fans back though have there? Can't remember how many there were last year now.
That’s why in my original post I asked that the club make some sort of statement to make things clear.
I see the 1903 supporters group passed some sort of motion asking for a list of those fans who have been drawn out.

I think this is the 3rd home game, so that’s 300 . IMO ST holders who got into games last Autumn shouldn’t have been put in the draw until all ticket holders have been to at least one game.
I think a list and clear procedures need to be made available to ST holders especially with the possibility of 100 away tickets being made available for Tallaght

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:53 am

Can't agree with that. Last year was a separate season and different season ticket. Anyone that got to a game last season and renewed this year should be put back in the hat until draw out.

I didn't get to a game last year but did get to the Waterford game this year. I wasn't first out of the hat but got a call about 4:30 on the Friday as some people had pulled out.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:55 am

Shoco wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:53 am Can't agree with that. Last year was a separate season and different season ticket. Anyone that got to a game last season and renewed this year should be put back in the hat until draw out.

I didn't get to a game last year but did get to the Waterford game this year. I wasn't first out of the hat but got a call about 4:30 on the Friday as some people had pulled out.
You must have reversed over a black cat that day

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by buster » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:38 pm

A season ticket holder for 30 years and never got a ticket last year and this year so far.Maybe they lost both my e mail address and telephone number,I know a lot older guys like myself maybe we have been forgotten.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:42 pm

I must have been forgotten by the Nationaly Lottery as my numbers haven’t been drawn out after all my entries!

You win some, you lose more. That is the way draws go. However, there should be enough matches for all season ticket holders to get to at least one this year.