Fans Back at Games

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Fans Back at Games

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Well would believe it, I’ve just checked my my email and I’m on the list for this evening!!!!
Check your emails folks, mine was just received this morn

C’mon the town

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:03 pm Well would believe it, I’ve just checked my my email and I’m on the list for this evening!!!!

C’mon the town
Congrats, give Shieldsy a good send off from the rest of us.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:43 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:03 pm Well would believe it, I’ve just checked my my email and I’m on the list for this evening!!!!

C’mon the town
Congrats, give Shieldsy a good send off from the rest of us.
I hope we’ll get 200 in from next month on and that all ST holders and then all paying fans will be in before the year is out. It really is ridiculous that NPHET’s advice is 100 in OP with masks on , when for example today in a school there would be 30 unvaccinated individuals are in a small room with 1 mask!!
From what I saw at first hand, Stanton is some player . We have a good shape and are gaining confidence. We’re certainly a work in progress but the signs are definitely positive.

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by GSBellew » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:51 am

Great that you got in, was hard to watch on the stream, Shields deserved a full house.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:46 am

Any word on arrangements for next Thursday , It is Tallaght ? How many allowed in ? How will they allocate ?

Bohs game looked good

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by buster » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 am

I would just like to say as a season ticket holder for years,the so called draw was made last night and again for the second season in a row I have not received a ticket or been on the list.I find it difficult to believe that with only 600 season tickets how someone isn't drawn after 2 seasons when I see others been drawn twice ,I have lost all trust in the club and won't be renewing next year for the first time in many many years.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:18 am

buster wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 am I would just like to say as a season ticket holder for years,the so called draw was made last night and again for the second season in a row I have not received a ticket or been on the list.I find it difficult to believe that with only 600 season tickets how someone isn't drawn after 2 seasons when I see others been drawn twice ,I have lost all trust in the club and won't be renewing next year for the first time in many many years.
That doesn't sound right. Maybe you should give the club a call to make sure they have the correct contact details. Anybody I know that renewed has been to at least one game at this stage.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:25 am

buster wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 am I would just like to say as a season ticket holder for years,the so called draw was made last night and again for the second season in a row I have not received a ticket or been on the list.I find it difficult to believe that with only 600 season tickets how someone isn't drawn after 2 seasons when I see others been drawn twice ,I have lost all trust in the club and won't be renewing next year for the first time in many many years.
My advice would be to get to know a sponsor (no shortage of tickets for these sponsors and their mates) or start a podcast and call yourself a 'journalist'!

On a serious note I'm sure if you ring the club and explain a ticket will magically appear - I fully agree with you that the situation is now totally unacceptable for those that havent been drawn out yet.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Post by 0rl » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:02 pm

I wasnt drawn out last year or this one so far and yesterday evening the golden ticket popped into my inbox!!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Last years games have nothing to do with this seasons draw.

So far this season we have had 3 home games with 100 fans at each, this is the first game with 200 fans, so that is still only 500 fans which is less than any of the figures that's been mentioned for the number of season tickets we have. (600-800)

The draw for the Euro game and Rovers away were separate draws with all season ticket holders included

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:39 pm

Rvs had 1k at tallaght for europe surely we should be allowed the same?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear that Buster , I can just imagine your frustration. As others have said you’d prob need to get on to the club, seems to be an administrative error. I started this thread for the likes of you and me who are ST holders who are hoping to get back into games via the draw. I was drawn out for the Derry game that’s it.
I’m hoping to get to the Levadia game next week as surely all ST holders will be given 1st refusal?
I stopped getting a ST for a few years as personal circumstances meant I was only getting to a couple of home games. I therefore had to queue up for European games , sometimes I got a ticket , more often than not I didn’t . Standing in the queue listening to fans who were clearly not regular OP goers and talking about getting a ticket “ for the child”, convinced me to start buying a ST again to make sure I was guaranteed a European ticket.
BTW I’m not having a go at OP regulars on here or otherwise who pay at the gate.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:10 pm

Jack Chambers saying that he wants to see increased attendances. Seems the aviva and Croke park will be allowed close to 50% capacity in September.

Surely we can get 1500- 2000 into oriel safely

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Think you would struggle with social distancing to be honest, especially if the main stand is out of bounds as it has been so for

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:10 pm Jack Chambers saying that he wants to see increased attendances. Seems the aviva and Croke park will be allowed close to 50% capacity in September.

Surely we can get 1500- 2000 into oriel safely
Croker and the Aviva are modern stadiums. They can manage it better with distancing and better safety measures.