Dundalk v Newtown - Europa Conference League

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Newtown - Europa Conference League

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:46 pm

Any word on how our tickets are being sorted for this one? As UEFA/cup games are not included in season tickets, I'd assumed STHs would have to register interest (as per Rovers away) for a draw for this tie, but it's quite late in the day to be doing all that and no word yet, unless I've missed it?

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Nothing from the club on the socials over the last couple of day regards fans being allowed in, the longer it goes on the more I’m beginning to think it’s not happening

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by bigalan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:11 pm

Im told we only have 120 tickets and not 200 as I would have presumed under current guidelines. Very late in the day for club to be asking for anyone interested in tickets. Maybe tickets are been kept for sponsors etc.?

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:20 pm

And just like that a non transparent draw took place with successful winners being contacted, renewing my ST easily being one of my biggest regrets

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:47 pm

Why is the match at 5:45?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:47 pm Why is the match at 5:45?
Just a guess, but I suspect that it is done to allow the away side to get home at a reasonable time. The away leg kicks off at the same time.

I don't believe it's UEFA driven. That only kicks in at the Group Stages where there are 2 kickoff times each evening for TV purposes.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:13 pm

cooney wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:20 pm And just like that a non transparent draw took place with successful winners being contacted, renewing my ST easily being one of my biggest regrets
If you are a ST holder you should be getting to the next home game or at a stretch the game after that. If not I’d be emailing the club if I was you. I understand your frustration.

However, some on Facebook saying that they were previously ST holders but didn’t renew this season and complaining that they don’t get to games ffs!!

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:32 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:13 pm
cooney wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:20 pm And just like that a non transparent draw took place with successful winners being contacted, renewing my ST easily being one of my biggest regrets
If you are a ST holder you should be getting to the next home game or at a stretch the game after that. If not I’d be emailing the club if I was you. I understand your frustration.

However, some on Facebook saying that they were previously ST holders but didn’t renew this season and complaining that they don’t get to games ffs!!
Some people wish to complain all the time. And feel entitled about everything. They demand that it should be open to everyone. No i'm sorry but while there are many many great fans young and old and new who are not season ticket holders, the bottom line is they aren't out a single penny. It has cost them nothing this season or last season. Current season ticket holders have forked out in advance and sone didn't get in last season and have renewed their tickets yet again this season. They deserve preferential treatment regarding tickets not people on facebook complaining and stomping their feet about wanting it open to all.. The only thing i do agree with is that it should be a fully transparent and live draw. And some people are getting in multiple times which isn't fair. If you got a ticket this season you shouldn't be getting in again until all season ticket holders have been allocated. Another issue, i personally wouldn't go without my son, so while it works that if a child is called out, the adult season ticket holder must accomodate them, then i think that should work both ways.
Last edited by niall_hearty2000 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:33 pm

How many season ticket holders do we have, only once we know how many can we say how long people will have to wait??? Lets say for talks sake ...... 600, that would mean you may have to wait 6 - 7 games in the worst case to get in. Not sure if emailing the club wrecking their heads is going to do anyone any favors. Sometimes you jus thave to wait until you get the call ... are SLOs not monitoring the draws?

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:33 pm

How many season ticket holders do we have, only once we know how many can we say how long people will have to wait??? Lets say for talks sake ...... 600, that would mean you may have to wait 6 - 7 games in the worst case to get in. Not sure if emailing the club wrecking their heads is going to do anyone any favors. Sometimes you jus thave to wait until you get the call ... are SLOs not monitoring the draws?
Well yeah, I suppose I should have clarified my post re emailing the club. From various sources I heard, there’s around 700 ST holders . I was going off that figure, as in all ST holders should have been drawn out of the hat by the next home game or the home game after that, as 200 fans are now allowed in.
Maybe I’m wrong about the 700, but that’s the figure that’s been going around

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:05 pm

I think the away game to rovers and the euro home game were open to all season ticket holders regardless if you were at a home league game which is fair enough as they are not usually covered under the normal season tickets. If we get a second home euro game I expect anyone at the first game will not be in the draw for the second game.

I think we’ve had 3 home league games with fans so 300 fans, with 200 at next home league game you would expect everyone to have gotten to a game by the next 2ngames if the 700 figure is correct

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:29 pm

Shoco wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:05 pm I think the away game to rovers and the euro home game were open to all season ticket holders regardless if you were at a home league game which is fair enough as they are not usually covered under the normal season tickets. If we get a second home euro game I expect anyone at the first game will not be in the draw for the second game.

I think we’ve had 3 home league games with fans so 300 fans, with 200 at next home league game you would expect everyone to have gotten to a game by the next 2ngames if the 700 figure is correct
Good summary Shoco.

The wait goes on (for me at least)...

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by GSBellew » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:52 am

Thought there were around 1,500 season ticket holders?

Although it's conceivable that it's dropped to 700 or less by now I guess.

I understand the frustrations of not having being picked out yet, it'd be nice to get back in, but it'll happen in time.

It's becoming a dicey one for the club now with pay at the gate fans understandably looking to also get back in too,
it's been a long time for everyone.

Going free for all might make more people less likely to renew a season ticket, might have been a trick missed with setting a percentage of the tickets aside to Patreon subscribers, so that those who can't commit to a season ticket but can commit something also get a chance to get in, perhaps slightly discounted ticket on a patreon draw, season ticket drawn is prepaid for league games.

Depending on how long the current restrictions reduce capacity to below season ticket holder numbers it may be something worth considering to keep more people content.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:03 am

Dont know where you are getting your information from but I know of atleast one person who was at the last 3 games. Also know of two couples who were at the last game. Must be luck of the draw.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by bigalan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:53 am

I was lucky enough to be one of the 100 drawn out for Tallaght. My son (9) was drawn out for the Waterford match and I of course had to go with him. I have 3 allocated seats in the stand which I have renewed for as long as I can remember. I very rarely miss an away match. I was not drawn out for any of the matches last season but renewed anyway in support of the club I love and the club that plays a major part in my life. I am also signed up to Patreon. I would spend at least €500-€1000 every season on merchandise. I have sponsored players and have been involved in a lot of fundraising for the club over the years and was part of the Save Our Club committee. However, on the way into Tallaght, I was met by a certain individual who gave me serious abuse about getting a ticket, when I replied asking did he not get one as well he got even more excited and almost threatening. Shocked and disturbed, I went on my way and stayed clear. I have to say, It made me wonder was it worth it at all.