Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Breffni white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Breffni white » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:12 pm

White Horse wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:47 am The pitch looked well on WatchLOI, but the erratic bounce of the ball was worse then ever.
Totally agree you just can't judge how the ball is going to bounce , it's bad for both teams and you can even see when its played along the ground at pace players are having to stop and concentrate on control rather than taking it on the run.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 07, 2021 6:41 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesrogersi ... 0491908097
Is it my eyes or have we new seats on the Shed side of the ground??? Certainly look cleaner, hadnt noticed the change before tonight.

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bogger » Fri May 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Pepsi wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:41 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesrogersi ... 0491908097
Is it my eyes or have we new seats on the Shed side of the ground??? Certainly look cleaner, hadnt noticed the change before tonight.
Looks like the netting over the seats

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Bogger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Pepsi wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:41 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesrogersi ... 0491908097
Just seen that there. Pity, would have been a small however positive improvment.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun May 09, 2021 7:01 pm

Bogger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Pretty sure thats netting 'do not sit here' etc over the seats ok.

At least the top brown wodden top looks better below shed roof, even if it has to be the betting sponsor, its better than the bareness of before.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 am

So the government are paying each gaa player male and female €1200 per year, i assume this is for inter county players. It comes out at €2.4m per year. This along with the massive funding the GAA already get. Was it €33m last year alone? That's €35m per year. So €140m in just 4 years. Imagine if the 20 LOI clubs got the same level of funding over those 4 years. Or it was distributed on a needs basis. Likes of Rovers, cork, derry, waterford don't need any substantial work to their stadia. But even if it was an equal distribution, It would equate to €7m per club. We would have a nice new stadium for that.
https://the42.ie/5435460
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu May 13, 2021 1:37 pm

We had the opportunity to do something niall over the last 7 seasons with all the success we will NEVER have a state of the art stadium you still still sit on the same seats that your dad did God be good to him, its a disgrace mate more should have been done but some were blinded by greed and power, glentoran are in late stages of building a new stadium and haven't had the success we had and i think finn harps are also its a crying same that oriel is the worst football ground in the country by a country mile.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:37 pm We had the opportunity to do something niall over the last 7 seasons with all the success we will NEVER have a state of the art stadium you still still sit on the same seats that your dad did God be good to him, its a disgrace mate more should have been done but some were blinded by greed and power, glentoran are in late stages of building a new stadium and haven't had the success we had and i think finn harps are also its a crying same that oriel is the worst football ground in the country by a country mile.
To be fair we can't compare things up north with here. Even Derry got heavily funded by the British Government to the sum of €4m for the brandywell redevelopment. I stand to be corrected on that figure. But we can't complain about peak 6 not improving the infrastructure when successive owners and boards have failed to do so.

Going up to oriel since 77 and all i remember being done about from the seats being installed was concrete terracing and the remedial work and ydc that gerry matthews did. And that was his own company doing the work if i recall! I agree we will never see any work being carried out. But as you say. That should have been started in 2017 when we got the euro money from the previous season. Is that Peak 6's fault it wasn't? No.

Btw i am not pro peak 6, but equally i realise they are the only show in town and if they leave the club fold. Fan power won't improve anything. We have to be careful of what we wish for. Best case scenario is we end up broke and relegated. I'd rather peak 6, and being at a minimum in the premier division, over the lower echelons first division alternative. Bucket collections simply won't suffice this time around. There is a sour taste in the mouth with the dealings of the club. The season ticket fiasco has left a lot to be desired.

I also have a concern that this protest will turn nasty, especially if rovers bus is approaching with likes of Gannon and Hoare on it. Tensions and animosity are bigh enough when it is rovers without adding fan protest and unrest into the mix.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:07 pm

I was banging a drum about this for years . Nothing happened , millions was won in prize money & where did it go . Thanks be to god , I live in Dublin & only go to away games . It’s an indictment on the fans , the owners , Louth Co . Co. , local politicians , who sat at the top table & did FA.
I certainly don’t ever expect anything to be done , & care less. It’s a shambles .

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:44 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:07 pm I was banging a drum about this for years . Nothing happened , millions was won in prize money & where did it go . Thanks be to god , I live in Dublin & only go to away games . It’s an indictment on the fans , the owners , Louth Co . Co. , local politicians , who sat at the top table & did FA.
I certainly don’t ever expect anything to be done , & care less. It’s a shambles .
Ah Johnny don’t say that !! Your positivity is one of the good things on OrielWeb.. don’t give up the fight !

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:05 pm

For you , Martin , I’ll hang in there. You are very positive too , & I enjoy reading your comments . It’s just , that my old man , threw me over the turnstile ( I won’t say - what year ) , but John Murphy was centre half😊. & I remember that puddle , it was in front of the main stand , behind the goals , at the town end. So I saw great teams come & go & I recall a new pitch put down ( grass) & it was immaculate & the floodlights going up & I thought , this is brill. But we seem to get caught in a Time Warp , after that . That is a great pity , the players & fans deserved better. But there you , go. I know Peak 6 ( The Owners ) have no interest in up grading the ground to European standards , so we don’t have to do the away fixture inTalla , but really , if they have billions ( 5 or 6 million would be nothing )
I really don’t understand there philosophy on not building a spanking new 7/8 thousand seater , that we all could be proud off . It could be handed down in inheritance to all the little Bills . Maybe Bill might read this & do a Santa Claus , I will guarantee him a statue in the Market Sq. , right in front of the court house . They would be talking about him for years & years , & he would be mentioned as Saint Bill.👍

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Johnny where would the new 7/8 thousand seater stadium be built? Its been said plenty of times its owned by the Casey family. So how would they go about planning permission?

The recent accounts showed they made a little profit but that was because of the El group stage qualification. They had made 1.2 million loss the year before. They are not going to pump millions into a ground without a return of investment.

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Thu May 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Never mind protests against the club when this period is well and truly done and dusted a serious amount of anger needs to be directed towards the council. Did sweet FA for the club that put our town on the map on a global scale. What have Louth GAA done for the county nevermind the town of dundalk to justify that new stadium?

Always suspected this period would end but the saddest part is that there's no infrastructure in place to remember the glory days and we'll still be getting p*ssed on in the year 2030.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue May 18, 2021 8:52 am

Silgo Rvs have plans for a new 17million stadium and the best of luck to them, the last Dundalk owners may have been a success but blew millions and sold ther beloved Dundalk FC for profit and the current owners have millions but won't redevelop everyone will have a different opinion but imo we should of moved to a new ground but that will never happen its a crying shame and sad sad times ahead.