Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Ah ok, Oriel Web at its finest. Batshit replies about socialism and politicians in reply to a straightforward post about the pitch. Then double down by making out you have to have a PhD in Pitchology to dare suggest it’s visibly playing worse than it used to. Then talk about how “we’re” engaging in good faith. Really, Bravo.

User avatar
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3638
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by GC. » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:49 pm

I engaged in good faith. You just didn’t like a different opinion and so ran to the echo chamber of Twitter. I never claimed anything about knowing much about pitch maintenance, but I did identify that maybe it would be worth talking to those who actually do the job. Surely they know more than you or I.

Now, please remove the screen shot of my post from Twitter. It contains personal identifiable information.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Nah, you didn’t. You tried to shut me down with spurious nonsense asking if I’m an expert on pitch maintenance after your first post agreeing that I should lobby politicians over the state of the pitch! Some laugh calling Twitter an echo chamber given the head in the sand behaviour of certain posters on this forum.

Done.
Last edited by Bob Prole on Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:08 pm

GC. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:43 pm @Bob. Please stop being childish and cutting and pasting comments here on to Twitter looking for the likes. If you don’t like what people have to say here, man up and face the comments, rather than run to your echo chamber on Twitter.

Yeah, we should have had more sense than to engage in good faith with you when you were basically telling your Twitter ‘friends’ that you were going to OrielWeb as a wind up.
Doesn’t surprise me he did this.

In a reply to a post on Twitter before he was ever on here ( assuming he wasn’t previously using another account name… ) he said we were all ‘whipped’ on OW, presumably because we don’t all agree with his opinions.

User avatar
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3638
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by GC. » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Thank you for removing the tweet.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:17 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:08 pm
GC. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:43 pm @Bob. Please stop being childish and cutting and pasting comments here on to Twitter looking for the likes. If you don’t like what people have to say here, man up and face the comments, rather than run to your echo chamber on Twitter.

Yeah, we should have had more sense than to engage in good faith with you when you were basically telling your Twitter ‘friends’ that you were going to OrielWeb as a wind up.
Doesn’t surprise me he did this.

In a reply to a post on Twitter before he was ever on here ( assuming he wasn’t previously using another account name… ) he said we were all ‘whipped’ on OW, presumably because we don’t all agree with his opinions.
Martin you’re entitled to your opinions and I’m entitled to mine. It’s no skin off my nose if you don’t agree with me. I joined this forum so that other people who look at it but don’t post might see a different opinion other than the constant stream of posts blaming the world and its mother except the owners for the mess the club is in. I don’t post to change your opinion at all.

And Pepsi’s mental response to my pitch post and the fact the likes of you see nothing wrong with it proves someone has to do it.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Just had a look at this guy’s Twitter account.
He absolutely needs to be ‘shut down’ from OW. He’s just put a screenshot of Pepsi’s post on his account for fcuk sake!

Mods need to step in here. Surely this is against the rules of the forum?

How can we post on here with another member taking photo of it , commenting on it and putting it on Twitter?!
Goes beyond the usual trolling he’s been at

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by tip on » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:28 pm Just had a look at this guy’s Twitter account.
He absolutely needs to be ‘shut down’ from OW. He’s just put a screenshot of Pepsi’s post on his account for fcuk sake!

Mods need to step in here. Surely this is against the rules of the forum?

How can we post on here with another member taking photo of it , commenting on it and putting it on Twitter?!
Goes beyond the usual trolling he’s been at
BobTroll should be the user name of that keyboard warrior

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 am

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:43 pm

GC. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:06 pm All appears to be good now that one of our own is back in charge. So the next target is…
Perhaps not the thread for this question, but do you really think that all is good with the club now that Vinny has returned? Everything's going to be fine, because Vinny is back in charge of the first team (for the rest of the season)? Everything? Nothing to worry about?

And you think the guy highlighting the poor state of the pitch on a thread about facilities is the one who needs to reassess his opinions?

User avatar
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3638
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by GC. » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:36 am

Dundalk Wolf wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:43 pm
GC. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:06 pm All appears to be good now that one of our own is back in charge. So the next target is…
Perhaps not the thread for this question, but do you really think that all is good with the club now that Vinny has returned? Everything's going to be fine, because Vinny is back in charge of the first team (for the rest of the season)? Everything? Nothing to worry about?

And you think the guy highlighting the poor state of the pitch on a thread about facilities is the one who needs to reassess his opinions?
The ‘give us our club back’ didn’t protest at teh match. They were to continue, but seems to have stopped for VP’s homecoming. The protest thing probably should have its own thread.

I asked how did he know the pitch wasn’t being maintained. . Is that not a valid question?

sometimes it’s like a conspiracy theory forum here. People want the ability to say what they want without being challenged on it.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4190
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Dundalk Wolf wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:43 pm
GC. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:06 pm All appears to be good now that one of our own is back in charge. So the next target is…
Perhaps not the thread for this question, but do you really think that all is good with the club now that Vinny has returned? Everything's going to be fine, because Vinny is back in charge of the first team (for the rest of the season)? Everything? Nothing to worry about?

And you think the guy highlighting the poor state of the pitch on a thread about facilities is the one who needs to reassess his opinions?
Any criticism of the club is met with a unwavering defence by a small number of posters. The don't believe journalists, they don't believe evidence in front of their eyes. It's almost like a cult at this stage.

The pitch looked worse than normal the other night, I've no idea if this means it's playing worse or not but in my total non expert opinion I would guess it is. Hopefully it will get better the more we play on it
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Bob Prole » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:28 pm Just had a look at this guy’s Twitter account.
He absolutely needs to be ‘shut down’ from OW. He’s just put a screenshot of Pepsi’s post on his account for fcuk sake!

Mods need to step in here. Surely this is against the rules of the forum?

How can we post on here with another member taking photo of it , commenting on it and putting it on Twitter?!
Goes beyond the usual trolling he’s been at
He’s commenting?! On things we’re saying?! On the INTERNET!

You know everyone can see the internet, right? And that anyone can screenshot anything posted on this forum that’s a thing on the internet, right? What if I linked to a post is that ok? Isn’t a screenshot better than being misrepresented (which GC did when he said I came here “on a wind up”)? “If you stand by your opinions what’s the problem?

And I have no regrets posting that screenshot because that response was insane and should have been called out as being insane. But a couple of you are now so far down the rabbit hole of denial that instead all you can do is scream into the void with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears. Everything is ok cos Vinny is back? Absolute lols.

As for the pitch and my post that caused three posters to go into meltdown, it is playing very visibly worse than it used to, which suggested to me that it is not being maintained as it should be. There, that’s the post. Try not to set the detectors in Sellafield off dealing with it.
Last edited by Bob Prole on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Bob Prole » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:39 pm

tip on wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:04 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:28 pm Just had a look at this guy’s Twitter account.
He absolutely needs to be ‘shut down’ from OW. He’s just put a screenshot of Pepsi’s post on his account for fcuk sake!

Mods need to step in here. Surely this is against the rules of the forum?

How can we post on here with another member taking photo of it , commenting on it and putting it on Twitter?!
Goes beyond the usual trolling he’s been at
BobTroll should be the user name of that keyboard warrior
That… is very good actually 😆

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:56 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 pm
Dundalk Wolf wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:43 pm
GC. wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:06 pm All appears to be good now that one of our own is back in charge. So the next target is…
Perhaps not the thread for this question, but do you really think that all is good with the club now that Vinny has returned? Everything's going to be fine, because Vinny is back in charge of the first team (for the rest of the season)? Everything? Nothing to worry about?

And you think the guy highlighting the poor state of the pitch on a thread about facilities is the one who needs to reassess his opinions?
Any criticism of the club is met with a unwavering defence by a small number of posters. The don't believe journalists, they don't believe evidence in front of their eyes. It's almost like a cult at this stage.

The pitch looked worse than normal the other night, I've no idea if this means it's playing worse or not but in my total non expert opinion I would guess it is. Hopefully it will get better the more we play on it
L4S you say it’s a “ small number of posters” the other guy seems to believe it’s a “ constant stream of posts blaming every body but the owners”. Seems like OW can’t win.

Anybody who looks at OW would know that there are a number of posters , including yourself , who have no truck with Peak6 . I’ve the height of respect for you , as you usually put your opinions in a reasonable manner and you don’t spam up the forum with a crusade.

However, taking screenshots of posts is not on and should be against the rules imo. We’ll all be in OP soon enough, talking and chatting to people we haven’t seen in ages and It’s surprisingly easy to identify posters. I was aware who Eziekial was , for example. What’s the point in being a member at all, if the whole world can view a post without registering on the forum?
But hey, maybe I’m wrong but I won’t be engaging.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Bob Prole » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:11 pm

The whole world can view your posts without registering. How do you think I saw all the posts slagging off fans and making accusations at former volunteers and employees? This forum gets watched by a lot of people. That’s why I registered. I thought someone needed to say something back. I’ve already said I’m not doing this to engage, it’s for the people watching on.

And do you think ‘a small number of posters’ and ‘a constant stream of posts’ are exclusive? Because I only had a few names in mind myself when I said that.

But look, I’m not here to upset you either. I’ll delete that tweet. The man’s insane response is there for all to see. He doesn’t need my help.

Post Reply