Grounds Development.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, GearĂłid Bellew, Duffman

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Grounds Development.

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:23 pm

You can say that again , Whitehorse đź‘Ť

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:16 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:51 pm We need to lobby the L.C.C.
Johnny, LCC wont be able to do it, sure they can hardly afford to fill potholes. If and it is a big if ... a new ground is to be build, the majority of the money will have to come from Government. Time for all those former TDs who support the club, those Louth based TDs who helped topple JD and claim to care about Irish football as well as senators current and former need to start lobbying for the club. The people of Dundalk and beyond have to ask questions every time they ring their doorbell looking for votes, any time they meet them on the town or when they speak publicly.
The big advantage SDCC have over LCC is that they earn way more in rates etc. JD needed a ground for the ladies and U21 team, of course Rovers benefited from it in the end, however the FAI and JDs mates lobbied to ensure it happened. Rovers top brass were best mates with JD and they played the game. Enough out there from their members wanting JD to run for election, to their board members walking in and out of Abbotstown when other LOI clubs couldn't get past the front gates. Irish football and politics are anything but clean and honest. Too many people lining their own pockets, JD only the tip of the iceberg.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:44 pm

Good post , my point all along , is to keep it top of the agenda , not to push it away , & not talk about it . It will happen some day . We can’t keep going to Tallaght for Euro matches . It broke my heart , to see all the Louth reg. cars stuck on the Tallaght by pass. The town missed out on so much , during the Stephen Kenny area . What concerned me all along , is that the town & all concerned seemed to put it on the back burner . We need another Gerry Matthews type guy to pull all the different agencies together. One man comes to my mind , is Brian Gartland . I would go on that Committee myself & kick some ass.