Luca Vialli

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Luca Vialli

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:20 pm

Devastatingly sad news today with the passing of Gianluca Vialli. What a fantastic player he was. Always was and always will be a Chelsea legend. And seemed to be one of life's genuinely nice people. Rest in peace Luca.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Luca Vialli

Post by Richie87 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:25 pm

He came across well whenever interviewed. A couple of Italians signed for Chelsea the same summer as Vialli. Zola and Di Matteo.
All before the Abramovich era.

Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:09 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:20 pm Devastatingly sad news today with the passing of Gianluca Vialli. What a fantastic player he was. Always was and always will be a Chelsea legend. And seemed to be one of life's genuinely nice people. Rest in peace Luca.
Niall, my oldest son was a young keeper at the Chelsea academy when Gianluca Vialli became player manager. It was pre Abramovich days. The club told Mr Vialli to trim the amount of kids in the academy in order to invest in the first team. My lad was one of the many who were released. Mr Vialli dealt personally with all the parents and tried his level best to find the kids another club. He treated the lads with great respect and was a perfect gentleman at all times. He was also a wonderful footballer. When a legend passes it is traditional for everyone to say nice things but in his case it is warranted. Great and humble man with excellent core values. We as a family are very sad at his passing. RIP Mr Vialli, thoughts are with his wife and daughters.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:09 am

What a player , What a great person in every way . R.I.P . Luca . ⚽️