St Pats v Dundalk, Fri March 8

Forum to discuss home games

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: St Pats v Dundalk, Fri March 8

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

A lot of time to turn things around , one win & we can go on a run . We could easily have won last night in Richmond . A long way to go .
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

GC. wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:15 am Thankfully I was working yesterday evening and didn’t see the match. However, there must be one positive…regardless of how Pats performed we only conceded one.
A positive in my eyes was the performance of young Munro in goals. Played as if the game meant something to him, unlike many others in the team.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Daryl Horgan has been poor. He's one of the older players with Boyle but hasn't shown much spark. Durrant showed more when introduced. Mahon was decent too.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Richie87 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:59 pm Daryl Horgan has been poor. He's one of the older players with Boyle but hasn't shown much spark. Durrant showed more when introduced. Mahon was decent too.
Unfortunately since his return it looks like the legs and energy have gone from Daryl?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:21 pm
Richie87 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:59 pm Daryl Horgan has been poor. He's one of the older players with Boyle but hasn't shown much spark. Durrant showed more when introduced. Mahon was decent too.
Unfortunately since his return it looks like the legs and energy have gone from Daryl?
Yeah he wouldn't have the burst of speed of previously. His crossing can be very hit and miss. I remember watching him in a few Ireland games and his crossing was very poor.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Lads there is a reason that Boyle, Daryl and co came back and it wasnt for the weather. I would say had 85% of them got an offer to stay in the UK it would be a solid no to LOI football and DFC. As it stands, LOI and DFC offers them a chance to earn good money and extend their careers.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Scoring goals looks like its going to be the real problem this season, and if we don't rectify that and soon, we are in big trouble.

Players will always move on, and not much you can do if its at the end of their contract, and they get a better offer, but to tell your main striker he was surplus to requirements at the end of last season while under contract, then accept 30k for him is just madness.

SOD knew better it seemed, all of this implies that he thought he was finished, he has 5 goals already and we are not even at mid march, no wonder he wanted away.
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:19 pm Why is Mahon not getting any game time? He looked our best player in pre season.
Yeah unless he's injured it's a strange strange decision. He was player I was most excited about this season and he's not even playing
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:40 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:19 pm Why is Mahon not getting any game time? He looked our best player in pre season.
Yeah unless he's injured it's a strange strange decision. He was player I was most excited about this season and he's not even playing
He was in the stand for the Sligo game so I presume he had a knock.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

On the plus side RVs only drew again tonight v Sligo so are only 2 points ahead of us in 9th. Only problem is they will eventually click.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:07 pm On the plus side RVs only drew again tonight v Sligo so are only 2 points ahead of us in 9th. Only problem is they will eventually click.
It's a plus for Derry and Shels. Not really relevant for Dundalk as they will be up the table in a few games. Byrne, McEneff yet to feature.

They were ordinary last season and won the title after not winning in first 7. Derry should have done better last year, but with Hoban now on board they should be challenging until the end.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Bohs look to be in trouble also, Sligo apart from us are not winning, Drogs only won 1, and I think Waterford and Galway will slip down the table, but..................................

Where on earth are we getting the first win from, plus we need to win the next 2 at home, Waterford and Drogs to give ourselves even a chance before its too later, better performance on Fri, but where will the goals come you wonder?