Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Next manager

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Was expecting an announcement today...seems BA is going to roll the dice for another while.

Even had we nicked a late winner against Drogheda, I don't think anyone is going home from Oriel thinking 'thats the turning point now'.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:48 pm The notion that Gartland should be handed the reigns is beyond laughable. Dave Mackey is academy director and has the proper qualifications if any is to take it in the interim it should be home. Dunno how Stevie is still in place tbh
I forgot all about Dave Mackey, he'd be perfect in an interim role at least. If SOD does finally get the push, Mackey is a ready made replacement unless of course he's made it clear he has no interest.
Ted Hankey
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ted Hankey »

Gullans wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:48 pm Can’t believe there’s no talk about Dave Roger’s
Lol, I saw on Twitter the Kerry FC SLO is chasing him for money for a conference room that he hasn’t paid for from an away game in Kerry and one of their loyal fans sold him an Italian jersey for €120 but never received the money!!

There’s also the small matter of him having Harps near bottom of Div 1 last season(they are now second in league since he has left)
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Only that Kerry were new to the league last season Finn Harps would have been rooted to the bottom for most of the season. Rogers done a very poor job there, for a team that was in the Premier the year before.
superman
Reserves
Reserves

Post by superman »

Look, even if you are not going to pull the trigger now (which, I would be in favor of at this current), the lads in charge should be creating a shortlist and sounding out possible names just in case it needs to happen. The worst thing that could happen is no manager for an extended time.

O'Donnell has done non-stop work for 5 years now. He must be unbelievably drained. Might not even be any harm for himself too for someone else to have a go. Its a delicate situation, but we should not forget his talents and dedication to the club.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

superman wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:42 pm Look, even if you are not going to pull the trigger now (which, I would be in favor of at this current), the lads in charge should be creating a shortlist and sounding out possible names just in case it needs to happen. The worst thing that could happen is no manager for an extended time.

O'Donnell has done non-stop work for 5 years now. He must be unbelievably drained. Might not even be any harm for himself too for someone else to have a go. Its a delicate situation, but we should not forget his talents and dedication to the club.
The one positive it looks for O Donnell, is that Drogheda don't look like a team that will pull away. As long as they are in distance its probaly keeping him in a job. Hard to attract names if cut adrift.
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

superman wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:42 pm O'Donnell has done non-stop work for 5 years now. He must be unbelievably drained. Might not even be any harm for himself too for someone else to have a go. Its a delicate situation, but we should not forget his talents and dedication to the club.
He's a club legend and got a lot more time and patience that most. I really feel for him as he left what was probably a secure job for I'd imagine was empty promises from the previous owners.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor »

It's obvious that the players are not playing for O'Donnell, or understanding what he wants. For the love of Jaysus! just sack
this prick already and put him And us out of our misery.
superman
Reserves
Reserves

Post by superman »

condor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:11 pm It's obvious that the players are not playing for O'Donnell, or understanding what he wants. For the love of Jaysus! just sack
this prick
already and put him And us out of our misery.
Just no need for that at all. Its a lads job we are talking about.

Sure, do the best thing for the club - but no point in being personal about it.
Lilywhites-1903Elite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lilywhites-1903Elite »

condor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:11 pm It's obvious that the players are not playing for O'Donnell, or understanding what he wants. For the love of Jaysus! just sack
Call for his head as manager all you want but no need to get fukin personal with it

If he walks or if he gets sacked whatever but no need to be twat about it
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Lilywhites-1903Elite wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:25 pm
Call for his head as manager all you want but no need to get fukin personal with it

Yeah agree with this. This septic shit came into the club and certain people were involved in spreading all sorts of rumours to cut down anyone connected to yanks but in turn cutting down the club, staging protests and mass celebration when the local owners took over we now know how that turned out. A monster was created in 2021. Club hasn't be able to shack it since. Podcasts Journalists Facebook experts and now OW users feel entitled to cut down anyone and everyone in a personal manner.

Stevie is a club legend who wasn't been helped with inheriting a shell of a playing squad in 2021 and certainly hasn't been helped by previous owners who sold him an absolute pup and created multiple hurdles for him in his time. Time to move on yes, time to change the narrative around him with this shit no as I am positive he wants the best for the club like us all.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

It won't happen, but imagine if we convinced SK to come in as interim manager, just to save us, then he would be free to leave end of season, if he wanted?

I'm saying interim as that would probably be the only way he would come, to help out and to ensure he was freed up to pursue a bigger role, then again he wasn't even in the running for Aberdeen, that said I would have him back in a heartbeat - who wouldn't but can't see it.

If he did and just suppose (again it won't happen) that he stuck with the exact same squad, I think he would finish 5th with us this season.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

mike wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:58 pm It won't happen, but imagine if we convinced SK to come in as interim manager, just to save us, then he would be free to leave end of season, if he wanted?

I'm saying interim as that would probably be the only way he would come, to help out and to ensure he was freed up to pursue a bigger role, then again he wasn't even in the running for Aberdeen, that said I would have him back in a heartbeat - who wouldn't but can't see it.

If he did and just suppose (again it won't happen) that he stuck with the exact same squad, I think he would finish 5th with us this season.
More realistic may be to ask him to come in as a consultant. Ask him to develope a plan to develop the club at all football levels. As part of his brief ... first team recruitment and mentoring SOD and Garts.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

mike wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:58 pm It won't happen, but imagine if we convinced SK to come in as interim manager, just to save us, then he would be free to leave end of season, if he wanted?

Kenny seems to be holding out for a job abroad. The Leagues in Scandinavia start this month, so he will probaly be watching developments there if anything pops up over the next few months.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Lilywhites-1903Elite wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:25 pm
this prick already
and put him And us out of our misery.

Absolutely no need for this type of language on here about one of the best captains we ever had with multiple leagues and cups.