Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Next manager

Post by southerncomfort »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 pm As one of the contributors from a local podcast said, maybe we need a complete change from the Kenny era ( unless we get the man himself!!)
logic a bit weird , think they were just politely giving a thumbs down . they were very pro sod when he came in like us all
who cares what era , sure if magilton , with neal fenn as dof could fix the issue sign them up

podcasters - want inside info and headlines/narrative
agents - want someone who will buy from their stable / not push tok hard for a bargain , and will brief as much as possible to help themselves
some supporters - want a romantic vision, ex players / exotic managers ideal

real fans - ignore that and just want someone able to do the job
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Louth4sam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 pm Why on Earth would Keith Long want to switch from Waterford when they appear to be in a far better position on and off the pitch in the short, medium and long term?
Cork City had Kevin Doherty on the list last year and he turned them down. Brian Ainscough would want to be realistic with the targets.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:29 pm Garts would work with the devil. You know this yourself. And Vinny would work with the devils mother, father, grandparents and great grand parents - the people he disagreed with most have left the building.

Vinny's brother Paul is also a very good friend of Brian Ainscough's brother.

Just passing on some news i received today from within our great club. Half of the issues we have had over the years is people within the walls of Oriel not being able to hold their p!ss.

Hoping for an appointment soon in any case. Still believe the object is absolutely to stay in the league. If thats a sort term and safe appointment then do it which is why Vinny/Gill is a good option.
There is the root of the problem ... you sitting here on a public forum spouting what someone from within told you, like many you cant hold your piss. That would mean ... the leak is still there and the problem has not gone away. Lets hope BA makes the appointment based on a professional basis and not on the basis of ... my brother knows a lad, who knows a lad .... lets hope he tries to make the right decision based on his business / football experience.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:27 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 pm Why on Earth would Keith Long want to switch from Waterford when they appear to be in a far better position on and off the pitch in the short, medium and long term?
Exactly
I do believe the owner of Waterford is in prison and about to lose all of this 'assets'.

A fan of the club, who also does some work FAI/League of Ireland was spotted in The Fairways on Sunday with Mr Long. That same fan was once a politician.
buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by buster »

I believe also Keith Long wasn't happy with them letting Reynolds go to boys.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

Ah lads stop. It’s not happening. On top of everything else Long is under contract and we have a debt of €750k and have to pay SOD off
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 pm
Exactly
I do believe the owner of Waterford is in prison and about to lose all of this 'assets'.

A fan of the club, who also does some work FAI/League of Ireland was spotted in The Fairways on Sunday with Mr Long. That same fan was once a politician.
I've never heard so much horseshit from a single account. God knows what this fella's agenda is..

Bullshit aside, doesn't look like an appointment will be made before Sligo game according to papers today. Think we can rule out SK plus anyone who would require comp (ie Long, Horgan).. Not many suggestions/genuine links being thrown out there which is alarming
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

Isn't Paddy McLaughlin still the favourite for the job?
Thesquareend
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Thesquareend »

Paddy mcLoughlin I’m told reliably has applied for the job.But I’m also told he knows he won’t get it.we need safety in this appointment..someone who will get the best from what we have.we find ourselves in a grave that we must get out of and we will.Baraclough for me from the names I’ve heard
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Philistine wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:20 pm
Shedtillwedie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 pm

Exactly

I've never heard so much horseshit from a single account. God knows what this fella's agenda is..

Bullshit aside, doesn't look like an appointment will be made before Sligo game according to papers today. Think we can rule out SK plus anyone who would require comp (ie Long, Horgan).. Not many suggestions/genuine links being thrown out there which is alarming
Yeah I have an agenda as i sit here in my FAI tracksuit...............
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

Reliably told that Keith Long has told Waterford he wants to leave. He is 100% the preferred candidate and discussions are taking place currently.
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

God be with the days when a job application was nobody's business but the employer and the candidate.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

If Waterford allow Long to leave I am sure they will want compo if he is under contract?
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 »

Shedtillwedie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:12 am Reliably told that Keith Long has told Waterford he wants to leave. He is 100% the preferred candidate and discussions are taking place currently.
That's after Baraclough has already said no.
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

long perfect , as would a return of perth short term, or devine etc

reassuring to see experience people in the frame