Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

superman
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Next manager

Post by superman »

Two days after it was made public, no interview with King or comments from the owner apart from the official announcement? Letting the bad feelings fester without putting forward a couple of counterpoints to ease peoples worries seems like a bad move.

Also, the comments here attacking our fans is pretty low. During the chaos starting from 2020, fans supported the team wholeheartedly, through thick and thin. Even this year, bottom of the table and only 3 goals in 10 games, we brought a couple of hundred up to Dalymount on a Monday evening and applauded the team off the pitch. So you can shove your sanctimonious and snobby attitude.

Congrats, you will lick the boots of BA, even when his decisions make us the laughing stock of the league. Doesnt make you special.
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

Johnny Guitar wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:33 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:22 pm
Johnny Guitar wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:24 pm Look lads the deal is done and NK is manager. Whether we like it or not its done. Its BAs club after all and it's in his rights to appoint whoever he wants.
We need to get over ourselves and get behind the team for Friday. It's important we give NK the support get behind the team.
People talking about boycotting or a protest etc its just petty.

I have no doubt those who complain about bad owners run a mile when the a fan owned model is mooted. You can't have it both ways
It's not his club. He is the current owner.

So if the.club are low on cashflow and the bank accounts need a plug the club can ask fans to plug the gap instead of Brian Ainscough?

Who were fans giving out too over the state of OP? Brian Ainscough.

The 1903 tried to organise a general clean up no the attendance was pitiful (and I myself am guilty of not getting involved)

Supporters love to think they own the club but when they are asked to do something and contribute, most are nowhere to be seen.
Your right .but the near 100 euro I spend every game on tickets ,food etc has to count for something.not to mention away games.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:28 pm Before a ball is kicked in anger , all the know alls put the boot in . Noel King has the job for 18 months , I’m not even going to bother & say let’s all support him , because I don’t give two fks , whether u guys go to Oriel Park or not , Johnny come lately go to Cup Final merchants . All I know is , that I will support him & Brian Ainscough 100%. The team have been playing very well & I think they will shoot up the table . As I said many times this Orielweb forum should be closed down , it is toxic , & allows the ( I won’t say it here ) have cowardly snipe shots from the anonymous side lines . Welcome back Noel & good luck .
if you don't like what is said on this forum then simply leave. nobody making you stay. cup final merchants? Johnny come lately fans. I'm going to oriel since 1976. through the good and the not so good times to the downright horrendous days of the first division. I will support the club no matter what, but that doesn't mean that I will sit here or in oriel and be a happy clappy oaf, of which there are many, who applaud everything the club does, and can simply see the club doing nothing wrong. I will call it as I see fit, as should every fan. and this is a terribly poor misguided appointment.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:28 pm Before a ball is kicked in anger , all the know alls put the boot in . Noel King has the job for 18 months , I’m not even going to bother & say let’s all support him , because I don’t give two fks , whether u guys go to Oriel Park or not , Johnny come lately go to Cup Final merchants . All I know is , that I will support him & Brian Ainscough 100%. The team have been playing very well & I think they will shoot up the table . As I said many times this Orielweb forum should be closed down , it is toxic , & allows the ( I won’t say it here ) have cowardly snipe shots from the anonymous side lines . Welcome back Noel & good luck .
So you want to take the football home with you and stop the game. Just because you don't agree with the majority of posters at the moment. Do you realise how petty and entitled you sound? Why don't you shut down your membership if you can't cope with people having different views to yourself?
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW66QdP ... cmlnaHQ%3D
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

Johnnybegood33 is one of the most delusional people ive seen on any website,not just oriel web.
AMC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by AMC »

Worst contributor to this website by a country mile. If you don't like what you see here then why don't you leave? Rather than being rude to people who can actually think for themselves.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Bye , bye . I’m out of here , no more contributions from me . Just keep on bickering among yourselves , you’re good at that . I said the web site should be closed , but I suppose you guys need an outlet .
Goliath
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Goliath »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 pm Bye , bye . I’m out of here , no more contributions from me . Just keep on bickering among yourselves , you’re good at that . I said the web site should be closed , but I suppose you guys need an outlet .
No need to leave Johnny, your entitled to your opinion on here like everyone else , I don't agree with some of your posts but I do find some of them amusing, it would be a sad platform if we all taught the same.
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

How did the press conference with the new manager go today? Any videos expected soon do we think?

Will be interesting to see the makeup of his backroom staff.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Hardly a peep from the club on this, since the confirmed announcement on Saturday.

Have to say I find this really odd, surely today was the day for even photos of him supervising training, if he didn't take it while settling in, then an interview and press conference from tomorrow?

I'm sure they will do one, but why the wait?
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

mike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:54 pm Hardly a peep from the club on this, since the confirmed announcement on Saturday.

Have to say I find this really odd, surely today was the day for even photos of him supervising training, if he didn't take it while settling in, then an interview and press conference from tomorrow?

I'm sure they will do one, but why the wait?
Or he is just there for his Pro License, has enough friends in the FAI who would leave him in peace .... maybe it will remain with Burns and Garts and the King will sit on the line as if he was doing the job. If that is the case, we are in a worse place than many of us expected and it would certainly give weight to the rumours that Garts was lining up the job for himself for while as some have he said.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Brian Gartland said in one of the recent interviews he doesn't want to go into management. The brief spell as interim has caused too much stress.

Noel King must have a few contacts to assemble a decent backroom team.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Video interview now up on DFC platforms with NK.

I will gladly and openly hold my hand up if he pulls this off and keeps us up, then I will fully admit I was totally wrong about the appointment.

Over to you Kinger, prove me and what seems to be 80-90 % fans wrong, I hope you can do it, and serve us up humble pie (with champagne !! for staying up).
Last edited by mike on Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 »

mike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:49 pm Video interview now up on DFC platforms with NK.

Jesus, King determined to make it 100% clear that he did not even apply for the job.

He got a phone call from America. Ffs