Speakers in the shed .

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Speakers in the shed .

Post by seand »

I'm loathe to whinge too much about Mickey as he's a volunteer and he's a massive and long-standing fan, but some of his contributions musically and verbally detract from the matchday experience. Does he even control the volume of the system, I wonder? Regardless of the volume, a quiet word to have him tone things down a notch would be a good idea.

This issue and similar small issues could and should be addressed by the club fairly easily. As has been stated above it might be worth a few of us getting in touch with the club about tidying up some of these minor things. I see Mark Devlin is on twitter https://twitter.com/markdevlin7
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

This was really noticable before the Rovers game last month. The lads in the shed had the atmosphere really going before kick off, singing, drumming, the whole lot. Yet all I could hear was some 70s one hit wonder blaring out over the speakers.
Every week the players and management talk about how the crowd really give them a lift when its needed and yet when the lads in the shed try to get it going before kick off, they are drowned out.
This issue seems to come up every season, yet it's not acted on.
Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial »

seand wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 pm I'm loathe to whinge too much about Mickey as he's a volunteer and he's a massive and long-standing fan, but some of his contributions musically and verbally detract from the matchday experience. Does he even control the volume of the system, I wonder? Regardless of the volume, a quiet word to have him tone things down a notch would be a good idea.

This issue and similar small issues could and should be addressed by the club fairly easily. As has been stated above it might be worth a few of us getting in touch with the club about tidying up some of these minor things. I see Mark Devlin is on twitter https://twitter.com/markdevlin7
The bit in bold above is a really important point and I am glad you made it

Of course that does not mean that the excessive noise levels are acceptable
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Ezeikial wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:41 pm
seand wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 pm I'm loathe to whinge too much about Mickey as he's a volunteer and he's a massive and long-standing fan, but some of his contributions musically and verbally detract from the matchday experience. Does he even control the volume of the system, I wonder? Regardless of the volume, a quiet word to have him tone things down a notch would be a good idea.

The bit in bold above is a really important point and I am glad you made it

Of course that does not mean that the excessive noise levels are acceptable
I personally have no problem with the choice of music but it is excessively loud. You really can't hear the person sitting beside you. The major issue I have is with some of the at best embarrassing and at worst incitement comments that Mickey comes out with. He's gonna cause a serious dust up one of these days by opposing fans with some of his comments. There is mo need for them and we should lead by example and be graceful in victory or defeat. Our dark days aren't that long ago...
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull »

Our PA announcer was slightly more subdued last night!! Perhaps it was the relaxed nature of the match or maybe someone had a wee word, but his announcements short and too the point!!! The music was still a bit loud but the full live version of Stairway to Heaven at half time sounded pretty good!!
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

I see this thread worked a treat .