Flares and Fines

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Ye I take the financial point, but the idea that fines for flares are why the club is 3/4 million in debt, facilities are the worst in the country, and squad is substandard is for the birds
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

It's more then the financial hit. When they are being thrown about its a danger to those around them and the players on the field. A Bohemians player was hit a few weeks ago

. https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... y-32201453
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

As I said in my initial post that’s unacceptable. I doubt you’d have anyone argue otherwise bar the fool that threw it
N_Torris
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by N_Torris »

Tbh I like the going to the Shed end when I'm up, my uncle has special needs and I always bring him there because he loves the atmosphere created and I like the stand sometimes, but definitely agree tue negativity in there can be unbearable even back when we were playing unreal stuff a few years back.

That said, lamping flares out on to the pitch is idiotic and if the SSA don't start singling out the lads who are at it and taking action on it yourselves ye'll lose a lot of the goodwill ye have. Having such an effect on the game that it upsets the fans, management, coaches, players and gets the club a fine is indefensible. Love the craic tbh and I enjoy the pyro but if SSA can't keep enough a lick of sense in their number to not piss every other Dundalk supporters, player, and staff the goodwill most have won't last too long. Would rather see it keep going instead of that yk.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

N_Torris wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:47 pm Tbh I like the going to the Shed end when I'm up, my uncle has special needs and I always bring him there because he loves the atmosphere created and I like the stand sometimes, but definitely agree tue negativity in there can be unbearable even back when we were playing unreal stuff a few years back.

That said, lamping flares out on to the pitch is idiotic and if the SSA don't start singling out the lads who are at it and taking action on it yourselves ye'll lose a lot of the goodwill ye have. Having such an effect on the game that it upsets the fans, management, coaches, players and gets the club a fine is indefensible. Love the craic tbh and I enjoy the pyro but if SSA can't keep enough a lick of sense in their number to not piss every other Dundalk supporters, player, and staff the goodwill most have won't last too long. Would rather see it keep going instead of that yk.
Ye 100% agree they need to police themselves a bit better to avoid a repeat and as you rightly say they’ll lose the fans that actually appreciate what they do by putting up with one too many idiots. Probably a job of work there with the club too most of those young lads are sensible and will have a chat it’s about workin with them not lookin at bans for displays
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White »

Genuine fans will always comply with the club's instructions.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6
StevieR88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by StevieR88 »

Look at Drogheda as a club. They’ve nothing going for them with their team,Stadium,ground, fanbase,history, Nothing. The one thing that keeps that club going is their ultras. I bet their fans don’t do half the giving out about their young lads as we do. You don’t see Drogheda fans complaining about fines, and they’re Skint. The same goes for most LOI Clubs. Most clubs appreciate that their ultras bring the matchday experience to another level. Without the SSA this year, Oriel would’ve been a horrible toxic environment. Yet the anonymous people on here always have a problem with them. The attitude on here and other social media towards them lads isn’t right and It’s been like that for years. Don’t be so quick to judge, if they were gone you’d miss them. There’s a minority of bad eggs in every fanbase. But you can’t label the whole SSA as bad eggs. The last thing we need this season is a civil war between fans. We all need to stick together and get behind the team. The cards are stacked against us as it is. Moving onto Friday where hopefully we will bounce back with a win. Come on the town
Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco »

Atmosphere was fine for the rovers game last year when they had their pathetic protest, and not a flare in sight
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

StevieR88 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 pm Look at Drogheda as a club. They’ve nothing going for them with their team,Stadium,ground, fanbase,history, Nothing. The one thing that keeps that club going is their ultras. I bet their fans don’t do half the giving out about their young lads as we do. You don’t see Drogheda fans complaining about fines, and they’re Skint. The same goes for most LOI Clubs. Most clubs appreciate that their ultras bring the matchday experience to another level. Without the SSA this year, Oriel would’ve been a horrible toxic environment. Yet the anonymous people on here always have a problem with them. The attitude on here and other social media towards them lads isn’t right and It’s been like that for years. Don’t be so quick to judge, if they were gone you’d miss them. There’s a minority of bad eggs in every fanbase. But you can’t label the whole SSA as bad eggs. The last thing we need this season is a civil war between fans. We all need to stick together and get behind the team. The cards are stacked against us as it is. Moving onto Friday where hopefully we will bounce back with a win. Come on the town
Drogheda at least have plans for a new ground https://www.lmfm.ie/news/sport/new-stad ... ited-park/
They are hardly skint either with American owners.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Richie87 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:43 pm
StevieR88 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 pm Look at Drogheda as a club. They’ve nothing going for them with their team,Stadium,ground, fanbase,history, Nothing. The one thing that keeps that club going is their ultras. I bet their fans don’t do half the giving out about their young lads as we do. You don’t see Drogheda fans complaining about fines, and they’re Skint. The same goes for most LOI Clubs. Most clubs appreciate that their ultras bring the matchday experience to another level. Without the SSA this year, Oriel would’ve been a horrible toxic environment. Yet the anonymous people on here always have a problem with them. The attitude on here and other social media towards them lads isn’t right and It’s been like that for years. Don’t be so quick to judge, if they were gone you’d miss them. There’s a minority of bad eggs in every fanbase. But you can’t label the whole SSA as bad eggs. The last thing we need this season is a civil war between fans. We all need to stick together and get behind the team. The cards are stacked against us as it is. Moving onto Friday where hopefully we will bounce back with a win. Come on the town
Drogheda at least have plans for a new ground https://www.lmfm.ie/news/sport/new-stad ... ited-park/
Not the SSA fault the club has lacked a strategic plan and direction of travel off the pitch for decades tbf
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

A few things wrong with your post lad ...
1. Droghedas owners being the Trivela Group .... manage approx. $6-12 billion in investments for approx. 60-70 wealthy people / families. So they are not as poor as they claim to be and are certainly not a part time setup, there is plenty of money there. They have prudent owners who will keep them going, drip feed them to keep them going whilst at the same time, trying to get public funding for a new ground. Certainly a better story when dealing with Irish people than making the mistake P6 did when they came to Dundalk .... billionaires who could build their own ground was what I was told by a local TD and his mate who was an employee of the club.

2. Match-day experience has very little if anything to do with flares .... if you genuinely believe this then you need to get out more and visit a few grounds on mainland Europe.

3. The plain and simple of it is .... flares are illegal by law. So what you are basically saying is that the club should actively promote and allow mostly young fans to break the law when in Oriel. Not the values a community club should be spreading.

4. If flares are to be used, follow the lead of many lower league German and Dutch clubs .... have the balls to cover all of or part of the fines. If the SSA want to be a fan club in the sense of their European idols in Germany, France, Italy or where ever .... get a professional setup. Have members register, pay monthly or annual subs (used for displays etc.) and approach the club for a defined section in the Shed (maybe enclosed) where match day tickets or maybe even reduced price season tickets could be arranged. Should flares be set off in that area ... use the subs and other collections made to pay or subsidise the fines, if they see non members with flares .... identify and name the culprits so the club can take action.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:48 pm
Richie87 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:43 pm
Not the SSA fault the club has lacked a strategic plan and direction of travel off the pitch for decades tbf
Never said it was tbf. I was just making the point they do have something going for them