Next manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Next manager

Post by Shoco »

Philistine wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:58 pm
southerncomfort wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 am
Philistine wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:56 am

And finished joint 2nd after Vinny had them 6th.
Not sure why you keep suggesting Vinny and harping on about agents, journos etc??
Calls for Vinny to come back equate to pure lunacy...
(2022 was 3rd but who cares about facts)
vp was the ***4th manager*** to have a go in 2021. he came in at relegation level, AFTER phillipo / shane / magilton had a go and other deals had collapsed becuase so many high calibre didn't fancy the gig. and we were heading for relegation.
6th was an achievement , not to mention a decent european display including AZ Alkmaar . new local owners didn't like his perceived p6 connections, noises from some now departed friends who were looking to build their own careers, and his player budget demands so went for sod, causing hundreds of thousands of euro in high court costs and issues with pats.
but to be fair to sod got 3rd the next season and showed he's a very good coach. so proved to be a good decision for 1 years. well done statspor for their astuteness there
That's why I said JOINT 2nd which is a fact! And that was after P6 and their yes-man Vinny had left the club in a mess with just one player signed up (Boyler iirc). Also in 2021 we didn't slip into the relegation spots until Vinny came in (defeat in Sligo I think) but who cares about facts ;)
Off topic but it always bugs me for some reason, we were not joint second, we were third.
We got the third place prize money.
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Joint second :) ridiculous

If we finish tenth this year on goal difference, do we play the playoff as well because to some people that's joint 9th.?
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand »

Ian Ryan has just left Bray. He's hardly a contenders though?
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

Wouldn't surprise me, the cheap option.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

seand wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:44 pm Ian Ryan has just left Bray. He's hardly a contenders though?
He seems to be rated based on little. Didn't go well at Bray, played ok football at Wexford but they weren't in contention for Promotion m
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:15 pm Joint second :) ridiculous

If we finish tenth this year on goal difference, do we play the playoff as well because to some people that's joint 9th.?
Ok then 3rd on the same points as moneybags Derry. All this I might add after P6 left the place in flames with just 1 player signed up, a player they tried flogging as well. Not saying SOD was the messiah but credit where it's due. The decision to let Vinny go at the time was 100% the right one. Not a single club, Prem or 1st Div, has even been linked with him since , go figure .

SOD did an ok job but couldn't progress it, it happens. Baraclough exactly what we need. Talk of Perth, Cronin, Ryan etc is lunacy
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Philistine wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:49 pm

Ok then 3rd on the same points as moneybags Derry. All this I might add after P6 left the place in flames with just 1 player signed up, a player they tried flogging as well. Not saying SOD was the messiah but credit where it's due. The decision to let Vinny go at the time was 100% the right one. Not a single club, Prem or 1st Div, has even been linked with him since , go figure .

SOD did an ok job but couldn't progress it, it happens. Baraclough exactly what we need. Talk of Perth, Cronin, Ryan etc is lunacy
1 player signed and a big bag of cash in the bank debt free vs last years bank balance and a lot of subpar players signed. Not ideal but If i was a incoming football owner I know which one I'd rather inherit. So if P6 left the place in flames what did our last owners do? and I agree barraclough the only way forward
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

It'd be very predictable for us to be excited and hopeful about the prospect of Ian Baraclough only to end up with Ian Ryan.
Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Mick Mac »

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:46 am who is the large gentleman that has been on the bench recently, wearing a great tracksuit and giving instructions.
That's Dominic Corrigan, hes the video analyst
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

Oriel O'Shea wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:09 pm
Philistine wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:49 pm

1 player signed and a big bag of cash in the bank debt free vs last years bank balance and a lot of subpar players signed. Not ideal but If i was a incoming football owner I know which one I'd rather inherit. So if P6 left the place in flames what did our last owners do? and I agree barraclough the only way forward
Both ownerships turned out absolutely desperate in retrospect,
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

Jon Daly confirmed as new manager
southerncomfort
Reserves
Reserves

Post by southerncomfort »

in retrospect , should have been tipped all along .

decent appointment
also impressed at lack of leaks from club or him

great news , let's get out of this nonsense
Towelie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Towelie »

Think it's a decent appointment, would've preferred Baraclough due to his experience but Daly did a great job lifting Pats up the table last year.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Towelie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:06 pm Think it's a decent appointment, would've preferred Baraclough due to his experience but Daly did a great job lifting Pats up the table last year.
Daly will be more up to date with the players in the League. Baraclough while he had success before, it would be 10 years since he was involved in the League.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Think it’s a good appointment certainly the type of profile you’d have wanted