Supporters Trust

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Supporters Trust

Post by colymull »

Scubs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:08 pm I’m going to go against the grain here and say to exclude the SSA is wrong, excluding any fan base is wrong. Imagine an Oriel without the SSA, there would be no atmosphere.

Yes I agree that the flares are hurting the club with the fines, right now we can not financially afford the fines and they need to stop.

If you exclude the SSA, then nothing is going to change, if you do include them, then at least try change things.

Education is key, not segregation!
As far as I am aware, and correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the SSA an unofficial group. As in, they don't have official membership and therefore anyone can associate themselves with the group and call themselves a member of the SSA?
If that's the case then any wee group of mates around Oriel can start calling themselves "The Townend Army" or "The Wee Terrace between the Stand and the Dugout Army"!!!
The point I am trying to make is that no unofficial group should be invited to organise or be involved in the formation of any official trust. And that's before they try and justify their use of flares on match nights.
Last edited by colymull on Wed May 22, 2024 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

Can the old farts on this forum go 15 minutes without crying about the SSA.
pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 »

Thanks to all who came on the zoom this evening. It was a very good discussion overall and a positive first step.

Some quick takeaways

- those on the call were all in agreement with the idea of the formation of a supporters group with an intent on some high level fundraising. Spend would be voted upon by members.
-Discussion about raising money to fund some projects that benefit the club and supporters. Up for wider discussion but general agreement that money raised would not be for playing budget/short team.
-talk of how to raise money, utilizing businesses as opposed to always milking fans.
- General agreement to engage with the club, whilst also remaining independent.
-Discussion on whether hand over of funds to club can lead to some ownership stake in the club (over time as this group grows credibility).
- Next Step will be a June meeting and working group formation.

As said it was an extremely positive meeting and everyone came away with a feeling there’s a real appetite to get something like this off the ground.

One takeaway for everyone is that this is not an overnight project. A working group will be established who will do due dilligence, planning to engage with other supporter groups (BORST) for guidance.

If anyone is interested in attending the next meeting, let me know and I’ll send a link when it’s scheduled.
The only team for me.....
pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 »

Hi folks,

Firstly apologies for the delay in any movement on this.

Were suggesting a meeting this coming Monday the 8th of July as follow-up to the initial meeting. This would be going over an initial terms of reference and seeking input from those on the call

See zoom link:
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75976663885?p ... qvFFh5rV.1

If anyone has any questions let us know.

Look forward to getting this moving.
The only team for me.....
Shedtillwedie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Shedtillwedie »

I couldn't make it Pingu due to time zones - how did it go? Any notes or actions?