Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk | League Round 23 | Thursday 04 July 20.00

Forum to discuss home games

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, GearΓ³id Bellew

Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk | League Round 23 | Thursday 04 July 20.00

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

On a very positive note , Dundalk played fantastic football all over the park & played Rovers off the park ( bar the goal ) . We had a lot of new players & I was very impressed by every one of them . The difference was that we had no Pat Hoban , or Gullan up front ( no recognised centre forward ) . I thought Rovers played very well & are getting players back . There is very little between the teams from top to bottom , as the Shels v Drogheada game proved 1-1 & I believe Drogs. missed a sitter at the end . I would like to commend John Daly & his staff on his recruitment . The team was unrecognisable with all the new players . It takes time to gel & we have to do it quickly . Two big games coming up V Drogheada . I have no doubt that Louth fans of the game will turn out in droves for these two big games . CMON THE TOWN . πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

We were by no means fantastic Johnny. Rovers are a very average side now. That's the reason it is 1 win a piece and a draw in the 3 games. We deserved a point last night undoubtedly but not because we were outstanding, but because there was nothing between 2 average sides. And drogs only got into game when shels went down to 9 men.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Have to say agree with Niall there, we prob did deserve a point, def finished the stronger side.

Goals / Goals / Goals, where are they coming from. Hoban last night, 100% we would have got a result.

SOD and PH that damn unneeded argument last Oct, has done us so much damage. Almost a sackable offence in my view.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

mike wrote: ↑Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:23 pm

SOD and PH that damn unneeded argument last Oct, has done us so much damage. Almost a sackable offence in my view.
Ultimately Mike that's exactly what it ended up being. But also the club should have been stronger to refuse O'Donnell permission to sell Hoban And refuse permission from Hoban to leave. Especially for such a paltry tf fee. The relationship clearly soured between all 3 parties but the ball was in the owners park. So was it a case of us being that desperate for the €30k?
Last edited by niall_hearty2000 on Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

It was said they wanted a younger striker, so they probably used the Hoban fee to sign Gullan. They paid a fee for Gullan, whatever that amount was.