2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Pepsi » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:48 pm
1. I didn't make the statement you did. Back it up instead of whataboutary and speculation
2. He replaced a manager that worked with the club during it's most successful era that fulfilled the necessary criteria to manage in the league. If you are also pushing the narrative that it was also an issue for Vinny are you saying that they made the same mistake twice??
3. This is clear proof that you are not a Dundalk fan and just a stooge. No Dundalk fan would be happy with games played 85KM away from our home stadium
4. Multiple sources saying the same thing, not just Perth and and none have a reason to lie. Why are you only willing to believe Bills side of the story even though it very well might be the exact same except in your head. Bill has not refuted anything that was said. It's unusual how vocal he has been in the papers regarding the FAI and IRFU but radio silence when it comes to refuting claims from ex staff, players etc. radio silence.
5. Why was he brought on a corporate trip unless it was to carry favour. Bill hardly invited him along as a drinking buddy
6. Everyone knows why it was held and it was an embarrassment. Nobody was fooled. "Recommended action"? Who recommended this action

Yes, of course they needed one. There is more to the club than just selling tickets. There is a magnitude of administrative tasks that need to be conducted. What would happen if there was a massive ESB failure in the area and the club was without power for a few days. What if part of the 1960s structure collapsed and the offices were unusable? What if there was a leak which flooded the offices? Do we stop conducting business?
The company was making a small profit year on year from 2013 until Peak6 took over so who's fault is it if the club are now loss making?
My final words on this matter with you because it is clear as day that you are hell bent on getting rid of Peak6 even when you cannot admit it.

1. Neither you nor I are privi to what or who Peak6 are employing or what they are planning. As I stated having worked for Americans and having gone through their change managment processes, I am sure they were not going to shout change and have no one to enforce it.
2. Vinny could have been fined for the same thing....I said it from day 1 that it was a risk taking on Vinny. The simple fact that that SK never attempted to take him with him, however returned for another member of staff says a lot. Also the fact that Vinny is still not with a team also says a lot.
3. Good man, off you go and get your biscuits from mammy....... its about the same level as the answer you gave.
4. How many of the sources went public and said it??? Who has had the balls to put a face to the rumours??? How many of them are still working for the club??? All I am saying is that there are 2 sides to every story. We have clearly heard 1 side...the victims. I have been around long enough to know someone who has had their pride dented or their job taken away from them will say things they regret at a later date, hence why I would like to hear Bills side of it. Have you ever met a divorced couple just before or after the day in court?? Very few will have the balls to say, I was the reason it didnt work out. Most will blame the other....
5. Why was Klopps agent having lunch with Schalke board members last week?? Klopp moving to them at the end of the season?? Many reasons that they took the agent on the trip, maybe they wanted to keep a player happy, maybe they wanted to sign a client of his who was not at the club already....maybe Bill wanted to go on the piss with him. You will have to accept it or ask Peak6 why they did it, however I know for a fact that agents are very often part of travelling parties. Maybe when you are at it you can ask your mate Dan, why he never asked JD why a LOI chairman was very often on international trips as a guest of the FAI...
6. FAI...they also have to ensure UEFA have the feeling that they actually have licesing procedures in place.

If ESB went off, leaks etc... there are short term solutions, one would be to rent office space or to move things up to the Peak6 office in Belfast in the worst case. Moving is not an option at the moment, so I assume they had to make a decision....that was to stop taking calls etc., only they know why, however again I suspect it had to do with priorities and income, with no fans in grounds season tickets were not top of the priority list. As for making profits....the club were living within their means, Andy and Paul were doing their best / over achieving on a modest budget and got lucky on many occassions, however the LOI has changed between 2013 and today. Players want more money, longer contracts........something Dundalk pre Peak6 would never have been able to keep up with in todays market. Rovers attempted to keep up with Dundalk and needed Desmond investment to keep it going, that is not to mention the losses they made building Roadstone. We are lucky to have Peak6 at this moment in time, they are paying the bills etc. I suspect it would be very different under former ownership groups...and with that I mean not for the better.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:47 pm

This belongs on a different thread, preferably on someone else's forum.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:57 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:08 pm Come on the feck now Pepsi. U lost me straight away on number 3. We are Dundalk fc we play in Dundalk our support is from Dundalk and surrounding town lands we are not a D4 project. We most certainly are not a franchise like the Raiders who started off life in Oakland California from 1960-81 and then Los Angeles from 82-94 back to Oakland from 95 - 2019 and from 2020 now play in Las Vegas Nevada. We aren't a play toy. This isn't the NFL, where owners move their club when it suits them because the city mayor etc isn't playing ball and giving them what they want. Sure why don't we build a stadium in Dunleer then for Dundalk and Drogheda to share.. Not a hope these will happen and if they did neither would be well supported. We accept we have to move certain games to Tallaght or the Aviva because oriel is a dump, but not a chance in hell any of us would be in favour of moving league games to the Aviva. If you really are in favour of that in you need to take a look at supporting rovers
Niall the concept comes with having American owners, I am not a supporter of it, however they could very easily turn around tomorrow and say, we have an office in Belfast...Derry is also in NI and are allowed to play LOI so we are going to move Dundalk home games to Belfast where we will get support/funding to build a new ground, Oriel will be our training base.
What happens to Oriel if the grammar school get planning permission through for their new ground at Hill Street and get the pp to build houses behind Oriel?? Where will the club then train?? Where will they base the academy??? Will they get permission/will it make it more difficult to rebuild Oriel if houses are built behind the Carrick Road end??
I am being realistic, they are training at the moment down the Quay when they need to, doesnt say much for the grass pitch behind Oriel, Oriels footprint doesnt allow much manouver for major change....so moving might have to happen a few years down the line. For this reason I have continually said in here it is time for fans to hassle councilors, TDs and senators alike to get behind the club......

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Pepsi wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:48 pm
1. I didn't make the statement you did. Back it up instead of whataboutary and speculation
2. He replaced a manager that worked with the club during it's most successful era that fulfilled the necessary criteria to manage in the league. If you are also pushing the narrative that it was also an issue for Vinny are you saying that they made the same mistake twice??
3. This is clear proof that you are not a Dundalk fan and just a stooge. No Dundalk fan would be happy with games played 85KM away from our home stadium
4. Multiple sources saying the same thing, not just Perth and and none have a reason to lie. Why are you only willing to believe Bills side of the story even though it very well might be the exact same except in your head. Bill has not refuted anything that was said. It's unusual how vocal he has been in the papers regarding the FAI and IRFU but radio silence when it comes to refuting claims from ex staff, players etc. radio silence.
5. Why was he brought on a corporate trip unless it was to carry favour. Bill hardly invited him along as a drinking buddy
6. Everyone knows why it was held and it was an embarrassment. Nobody was fooled. "Recommended action"? Who recommended this action

Yes, of course they needed one. There is more to the club than just selling tickets. There is a magnitude of administrative tasks that need to be conducted. What would happen if there was a massive ESB failure in the area and the club was without power for a few days. What if part of the 1960s structure collapsed and the offices were unusable? What if there was a leak which flooded the offices? Do we stop conducting business?
The company was making a small profit year on year from 2013 until Peak6 took over so who's fault is it if the club are now loss making?
My final words on this matter with you because it is clear as day that you are hell bent on getting rid of Peak6 even when you cannot admit it.

1. Neither you nor I are privi to what or who Peak6 are employing or what they are planning. As I stated having worked for Americans and having gone through their change managment processes, I am sure they were not going to shout change and have no one to enforce it.
2. Vinny could have been fined for the same thing....I said it from day 1 that it was a risk taking on Vinny. The simple fact that that SK never attempted to take him with him, however returned for another member of staff says a lot. Also the fact that Vinny is still not with a team also says a lot.
3. Good man, off you go and get your biscuits from mammy....... its about the same level as the answer you gave.
4. How many of the sources went public and said it??? Who has had the balls to put a face to the rumours??? How many of them are still working for the club??? All I am saying is that there are 2 sides to every story. We have clearly heard 1 side...the victims. I have been around long enough to know someone who has had their pride dented or their job taken away from them will say things they regret at a later date, hence why I would like to hear Bills side of it. Have you ever met a divorced couple just before or after the day in court?? Very few will have the balls to say, I was the reason it didnt work out. Most will blame the other....
5. Why was Klopps agent having lunch with Schalke board members last week?? Klopp moving to them at the end of the season?? Many reasons that they took the agent on the trip, maybe they wanted to keep a player happy, maybe they wanted to sign a client of his who was not at the club already....maybe Bill wanted to go on the piss with him. You will have to accept it or ask Peak6 why they did it, however I know for a fact that agents are very often part of travelling parties. Maybe when you are at it you can ask your mate Dan, why he never asked JD why a LOI chairman was very often on international trips as a guest of the FAI...
6. FAI...they also have to ensure UEFA have the feeling that they actually have licesing procedures in place.

If ESB went off, leaks etc... there are short term solutions, one would be to rent office space or to move things up to the Peak6 office in Belfast in the worst case. Moving is not an option at the moment, so I assume they had to make a decision....that was to stop taking calls etc., only they know why, however again I suspect it had to do with priorities and income, with no fans in grounds season tickets were not top of the priority list. As for making profits....the club were living within their means, Andy and Paul were doing their best / over achieving on a modest budget and got lucky on many occassions, however the LOI has changed between 2013 and today. Players want more money, longer contracts........something Dundalk pre Peak6 would never have been able to keep up with in todays market. Rovers attempted to keep up with Dundalk and needed Desmond investment to keep it going, that is not to mention the losses they made building Roadstone. We are lucky to have Peak6 at this moment in time, they are paying the bills etc. I suspect it would be very different under former ownership groups...and with that I mean not for the better.
1. Exactly. Why do you keep speculating then? If you don't know how can you defend them.
2. So Peak6 got this wrong and proceeded to do it again?
3. Really? So you think it's acceptable to move games to another city.
4. Ex players have come out and said it publicly, I have been told privately by people I'd trust. So again you are accusing everyone of lying based on a hunch that they are just scorned victims. Do you not realise how ridiculous that sounds.
5. What has Klopps agent got to do with things?
6. They don't and that's obvious. All it takes is some busy body in UEFA and we'll be hit with another fine.

Working remotely wasn't/isn't an option I suppose even though hundred of thousands of people are doing it all over the country. You've said you can't plan for a disruption when it is quite clear that you can. What makes you think it wouldn't be better under the previous owners?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:06 pm

oldfogey wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:47 pm This belongs on a different thread, preferably on someone else's forum.
Different thread for sure, it went off topic and not easy to move to another thread. However if this isn't something you want to see feel free to add me to your ignore list.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 am

Pepsi wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:49 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 am
What was the BCP/DR plan should Oriel offices not be available for a period of time?
1. Where is your evidence that peak6 wanted to bring over employees?
2. Did Covid bring in a manager without any experience in senior football and without the required qualifications costing the club fines in Europe?
3. Did Covid want to move 10 games a year to another city.
4. Did Covid want the goalkeeper taking throw ins
4. Did Covid want to install a telephone in the home dugout
5. Did Covid bring an agent as a special guest on a chartered plane to an away European fixture with the same agent being photographed with our rivals as they sign one of our star players
6. Did Covid organise an embarrassing press conference trying to fool the world that the manager was being replaced by a man who's only managerial experience in the premier league was getting two teams relegated.

And finally the biggest cliche of the lot the "if you if you think you could do a better job"....
1. Where is the evidence that they didnt??? For a project manager, you obviously dont have much experience. Most change projects I have worked in after takeovers mean the new owners send in their own people / consultants. Maybe not permanently but certainly regularly to ensure everything is moving in the right direction until the project is complete.
2. You seem to forget he replaced a manager with the same qualification, didnt see you shouting for Vinnys head the season before. They took in who they felt was the right person and available at the time on the same model which worked previously to get around the license issue........fine could have been issued to Vinny.
3. 10 games a year in the Aviva an hour up the road.....how many games do we play in Dublin if we get to Europe?? Do you boycott them??? How much more income would it offer the club if we did use the Aviva for games against Rovers, Bohs etc.??
4. Something fed to the press by an upset / bitter (former) employee by all accounts. None of us know the context of the conversations......nor do we know for a fact if they took place. As I have said before I would be very interested to hear Bills side of the story....because every story has two sides. Maybe Bill did suggest it, maybe he wanted to pressure Vinny into resigning because they didnt like him, maybe he said that is how it works in the NFL, would it be worth a try here......we dont know. What we do know is one side of it.....
5. Are you sure the mentioned agent was not involved in the signing of other players, you do realise each player represented is a new independant deal, so maybe they were trying to get someone else from his list?? Can you be sure the club wanted to keep the star players mentioned?? Again none of us know the reasoning behind it....anything else is only shit talk.
6. God and the fucking world know why the press conference was held. On one hand you complain about the €50K fine, however you also complain that they took recommended action to prevent it happening again. Make up your mind or is it a case that you just want a different Pro License manager on the line and are crying for the sake of it??

As for a Business-Continuity-Plan or a Disaster Recovery Plan if Oriels offices had to close......did they really need one??? Fans not allowed into the ground, tickets cannot be sold, merchandise could not be sold on site......trust me I know bigger international companies that didnt have a plan. As it stands the company is not making a profit, so maybe Peak6 said lets focus on X, Y and Z.....we will be picking up the loss on the other side anyway.
Dear God!!! Whatever sense you may or may not have made was gone at number 3! Shocking! Actively promoting 10+ home games a season away from home!

Are you even a Dundalk fan? Spoofer.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:11 pm

Just to be 100% crystal clear, I don't agree or disagree with the points any of you have made.

JUST F#&¥ING TAKE IT BEHIND THE BICYCLE SHED AND LEAVE THE REST OF US TO ENJOY A BIT OF CREME EGG.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:15 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:11 pm Just to be 100% crystal clear, I don't agree or disagree with the points any of you have made.

JUST F#&¥ING TAKE IT BEHIND THE BICYCLE SHED AND LEAVE THE REST OF US TO ENJOY A BIT OF CREME EGG.
You'd rather bury your head in the sand? If we can't raise concerns that are critical to the future of the club here where the hell can we?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:15 pm
oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:11 pm Just to be 100% crystal clear, I don't agree or disagree with the points any of you have made.

You'd rather bury your head in the sand? If we can't raise concerns that are critical to the future of the club here where the hell can we?
100% correct L4S.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

We all welcome constructive discussion but this childish personal pi$$ing contest is boring.

And for the record I have done my stint behind the scenes in the club, 65 hours a week and more, and times were a lot tougher than they are now. Don't assume that everybody out there cares less about the club than you do. Or that everybody else knows less than you do about what goes on behind the scenes.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

We all welcome constructive discussion but this childish personal pi$$ing contest is boring.

And for the record I have done my stint behind the scenes in the club, 65 hours a week and more, and times were a lot tougher than they are now. Don't assume that everybody out there cares less about the club than you do. Or that everybody else knows less than you do about what goes on behind the scenes.
Fair play to you for your stint, it's appreciated by this fan as is the volunteering work from other fans which seems to have been taken for granted by current owners. As a former volunteer yourself do you not feel a little anger about that?

I've never once suggested that everyone cares less about the club than me, that's a ridiculous accusation. I've also never once stated that I know more about what's going on behind the scenes than others. Everything I am saying is public knowledge.

Are you happy with how the club has been run over the past twelve months?

Welcome to the debate.....

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm
oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Fair play to you for your stint, it's appreciated by this fan as is the volunteering work from other fans which seems to have been taken for granted by current owners. As a former volunteer yourself do you not feel a little anger about that?

I've never once suggested that everyone cares less about the club than me, that's a ridiculous accusation. I've also never once stated that I know more about what's going on behind the scenes than others. Everything I am saying is public knowledge.

Are you happy with how the club has been run over the past twelve months?

Welcome to the debate.....
I didn't do it for appreciation then, but because it was necessary, nor do I do it now for that reason, albeit in a different area. Like many here I've been involved in my share of acquisitions/disposal/mergers, and on both sides of the desk. On average, american businesses are the worst post acquisition, believing that their way is best dispensing with local knowledge at speed. In the case of NBA, NFL, MLB, they are entitled to that view.

I'm not going to try and presume that I know the dynamics in the back office. I'm not going to presume that I know whether there are outside influences on team selections and tactics. What I do know is this. Men like Bill Hulsizer will never agree to having been wrong nor, indeed, will they change their mind. Are things not going right behind the scenes - absolutely. Are they not going right on the pitch - absof£¥₩inglutely. Can I put my finger on the exact cause? No, and I won't speculate because you never really know unless you experience it first hand. The world and his mother can see that Abibi is not currently good enough to be our first choice keeper. So why is he starting? Was he promised?(wouldn't be first time at the club a player was given that kind of guarantee). Are we using the league to develop him because - like 2020 - the focus is on group stages in Europe. That sounds kind of crazy but normal logic doesn't seem to apply here and, sadly, that includes paying the slightest heed to the fans. We are not like Sligo where they needed the supporters to raise €80k last year. Peak6 will have already budgeted to run the club this year without ST or any other money from us. This is the American mindset. Remember an owner will move an NFL club to a different city for money/new stadium. Existing fan base are collateral damage.

I can only hope that the players (well those who care) can turn it around. That or some blind bit of luck on the coaching front.
Last edited by oldfogey on Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 pm

100% this is a debate worth having and continuing but maybe in the right thread?

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:22 pm

The rumour mill is mad at times. Heard today that Jurgen Klinsmann has been approached. Another is Robbie Keane with John Gill as the pro-license holder.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm

You could imagine Klinsmann in oriel alright 😂😂
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.