2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by GC. » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:16 pm Waist of time another American signing more clubs than Jack Nicholas..
Born in France and plays for the Central African Republic.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:16 pm Waist of time another American signing more clubs than Jack Nicholas..
Hes not American

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:33 pm

colymull wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm
Hes not American
To some it wont matter....last club was American, signed by Bill and paid by Peak6.....

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by OHare » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:35 pm

LMFm just tweeted the following

SPORT: LMFM understands that Filippo Giovagnoli has told @DundalkFC players that tonight's game will be his last with the club.

Alrightourfella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:47 pm

American signing as in a Bill signing from a Texas club...

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:02 pm

How about waiting until you see him play before saying he is a waste of time.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 pm

An Adorjan type who made an instand impact. He's still a free agent .

I thought Han was very quiet tonight.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:42 pm

Richie87 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 pm An Adorjan type who made an instand impact. He's still a free agent .

I thought Han was very quiet tonight.
I don’t think Adorjan made an instant impact. For me his biggest moment was the Cork game and that was early June I think. However, Kenny always held the new signings back. He didn’t start many of them the end of April , when we’d started in March . It always annoyed me , but judging at what’s gone on this season, of course Kenny was right.
I was told at the time that SOD had said that Adjoran had blown them all away at training. So when he got up to speed in the league, it was then that he made the difference. Maybe Stanton and Wilf will eventually do the same.
Harder for Sonni, jurovkis and Abibi to do it as the play at the back.

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29 pm

Zahibo could be a slow burner. Not played since November. If he was playing with a club and joining in July it might have been better.
Talk of a few other players joining too. I don't know why these deals couldn't be done in January and February. Obviously covid doesn't help,but it's the middle of April and still looking to bring in players.

It's seems all very disorganized. Even Jim Magiltons comments after the game, when clarifying Shane Keegan and Filippo leaving, he said say whatever you like to reporters.
He seems to be feeling the pressure.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm

https://punditarena.com/football/robred ... chmeichel/

Not looking to get into a back and forth about Cherrie and Abibi, I think we all agree they are not the answer, Cherrie as he is getting on, Abibi been well covered.

But I found this interesting. How difficult it is to replace a good keeper. Even the best in the business get it wrong, sometimes again and again. Hopefully we only make the mistake once

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:42 pm
I don’t think Adorjan made an instant impact. For me his biggest moment was the Cork game and that was early June I think.
100% correct, that was a great game, lovely balmy summers evening, Adjoran scored carrick road end, right after half time, he was some talent, a joy to watch, and he was getting better with each game, pity he left end of that month or soon after. Class Act.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkChampions » Wed May 05, 2021 3:02 pm

I have heard of multiple people in the last day or two, Michael Duffy has had enough and has 1 or 2 English clubs making enquires on what the fee would be to get him signed in July.
(one of my sources is working in Oriel Park and has described the atmosphere as toxic right through the club)

Thanks Bill (I know your probably reading or some goon working for you will be)

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Wed May 05, 2021 3:33 pm

DundalkChampions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:02 pm I have heard of multiple people in the last day or two, Michael Duffy has had enough and has 1 or 2 English clubs making enquires on what the fee would be to get him signed in July.
(one of my sources is working in Oriel Park and has described the atmosphere as toxic right through the club)

Bill hasnt been in Oriel for over a year now, can hardly keep blaming him. Martin Connolly was running things on the ground up to JM coming in and he is running things on a daily basis today. If Duffy is unhappy then he should be a good professional, talk to JM and stop moaning so loud that your mate can carry it around town. Players claim they are professional, why are they not acting so??? Would your mate have the balls to tell JM the same as he told you and if he would why hasnt he done it??? ..... if they worked for me and I found out their names they would be down the dole office very very quickly. Your mate is not being very professional and you are a bigger fool for putting it out there. If Peak6 are reading this, your mate might just be on his way out the door as many before him for similar behaviour if they get a hint of who he is.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm

DundalkChampions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:02 pm I have heard of multiple people in the last day or two, Michael Duffy has had enough and has 1 or 2 English clubs making enquires on what the fee would be to get him signed in July.

Ive had this discussion re duffy with friends. Not about interest from other clubs or english clubs. But personally I'd sell him in july, cos he most certainly will go for free at end of season. I felt it would be back to derry. But I'd definitely sell
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Wed May 05, 2021 4:09 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Ive had this discussion re duffy with friends. Not about interest from other clubs or english clubs. But personally I'd sell him in july, cos he most certainly will go for free at end of season. I felt it would be back to derry. But I'd definitely sell
I doubt very much anyone from outside the island of Ireland would pay a fee for him. He is too inconsistant ....