Certain element of our fan base.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by colymull » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:33 am

My and my 11 year old boy were nicely set up on the railings before kick off, great view of the pitch (which is rare up there!!) Next thing, these lads arrive in and surround everyone, climbing up on the railings and letting of flares. My boy nearly shat himself so we had to move. Between that, fighting amongst themselves, throwing flares onto the pitch, giving wee Zoe Murphy abuse and the scenes at full time, Niall is right above when he describes them as scum. And we give out about the Rovers fans....!

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:56 pm

No Dundalk fan can point fingers at fans of other clubs after last night, the only thing we can hope is that others including Zoes family realise that this is the minority and not the majority, something we all know. Time to clean up outside our own front door before we start critisizing or pointing fingers at others, that goes for opposition fans, grounds and playing surfaces.
It is now time for the club and the 1903 to come together and try to sort this out, it cannot be a case of only being heard when the times are good. People know who these people are, instead of ignoring their behaviour or turning a blind eye to it, it is time to take action. Professional stewarding ... searches when entering and direct bans for the clowns and / or those protecting them.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:56 pm No Dundalk fan can point fingers at fans of other clubs after last night, the only thing we can hope is that others including Zoes family realise that this is the minority and not the majority, something we all know. Time to clean up outside our own front door before we start critisizing or pointing fingers at others, that goes for opposition fans, grounds and playing surfaces.
It is now time for the club and the 1903 to come together and try to sort this out, it cannot be a case of only being heard when the times are good. People know who these people are, instead of ignoring their behaviour or turning a blind eye to it, it is time to take action. Professional stewarding ... searches when entering and direct bans for the clowns and / or those protecting them.
Of course we can point fingers pepsi. Scum and let's be honest scum is all they are, are not representative of me, my family or 99.9% of Dundalk or LoI fans in general. These wee scumbags were dragged up. The club need to address these issues before they escalate. The league had a new sense of belonging, a real feel-good factor with vastly increased attendances and sold out matches. This anti social behaviour is creeping in and needs to be eradicated before it becomes the norm. Of course they follow the trends across channel which sees an increased escalation of violence and anti social behaviour at football matches.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:56 pm No Dundalk fan can point fingers at fans of other clubs after last night, the only thing we can hope is that others including Zoes family realise that this is the minority and not the majority, something we all know. Time to clean up outside our own front door before we start critisizing or pointing fingers at others, that goes for opposition fans, grounds and playing surfaces.
Of course we can point fingers pepsi. Scum and let's be honest scum is all they are, are not representative of me, my family or 99.9% of Dundalk or LoI fans in general. These wee scumbags were dragged up. The club need to address these issues before they escalate. The league had a new sense of belonging, a real feel-good factor with vastly increased attendances and sold out matches. This anti social behaviour is creeping in and needs to be eradicated before it becomes the norm. Of course they follow the trends across channel which sees an increased escalation of violence and anti social behaviour at football matches.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:17 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:04 pm
I am all for pointing fingers, internally, very hypocritical doing it externally if we do not have our own affairs in order. Each club is responsible for their own fans or better said who they bring or let into a ground. If all clubs sat down and agreed (and consequently stuck to) a charter of stewarding, stadium rules etc. this type of thing could be stamped out very quickly if supporters groups signed up to it. All it would take is clubs wanting it to happen, they have to realise the damage being done by these gobshites is way more than the money being earned with them. This morning my grand uncle told me he was not sure if he would be going to another away game, he didnt like the general feeling last night and was affraid of maybe getting stuck in the middle of something he would be able to get out of. A very sad day that the club, SSA and the 1903 cannot and should not ignore. Lets clean our own front door before we try to tell others what they should or could do better / differently.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:42 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:17 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:04 pm
I am all for pointing fingers, internally, very hypocritical doing it externally if we do not have our own affairs in order. Each club is responsible for their own fans or better said who they bring or let into a ground. If all clubs sat down and agreed (and consequently stuck to) a charter of stewarding, stadium rules etc. this type of thing could be stamped out very quickly if supporters groups signed up to it. All it would take is clubs wanting it to happen, they have to realise the damage being done by these gobshites is way more than the money being earned with them. This morning my grand uncle told me he was not sure if he would be going to another away game, he didnt like the general feeling last night and was affraid of maybe getting stuck in the middle of something he would be able to get out of. A very sad day that the club, SSA and the 1903 cannot and should not ignore. Lets clean our own front door before we try to tell others what they should or could do better / differently.
My post was aimed more at our own fans than drogheda's.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:48 pm

Not a peep out of the club today, would have expected some sort of statement

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:40 pm

All you have too do is look at the standard of stewards on match nite in oriel.I’m fully convinced that 99% of them are only doing it too save themselves from paying in .apparently they also get a couple of free pints .
The club know exactly who the troublemakers are ,when the flares go off why do the stewards just stand there and watch ,and laugh .I’ve heard things like it’s a “no go” area.how can a section of the shed that is full of 12 too 17 year olds be a no go area .

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:28 am

Alanek wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:40 pm All you have too do is look at the standard of stewards on match nite in oriel.I’m fully convinced that 99% of them are only doing it too save themselves from paying in .apparently they also get a couple of free pints .
The club know exactly who the troublemakers are ,when the flares go off why do the stewards just stand there and watch ,and laugh .I’ve heard things like it’s a “no go” area.how can a section of the shed that is full of 12 too 17 year olds be a no go area .
It's fans wearing bibs. A few of them are not even close enough to be physically able to do the job. This is no slight on the lads themselves giving up their time, I wouldn't do it myself but it's long past time for a professional security team to take over.

It was very disappointing to hear the call for volunteers for more stewards and bar staff. We are a company with a multi million turnover. Volunteers are part of our fabric but there are some roles that we need paid experienced professionals in.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:58 pm

Some time ago I decided that I would have to severely curtail my home games - a "home" game for me means a round trip of nearly 400 kms and I'm not getting any younger. I also decided that I would no longer watch the games from the shed. A few years ago I was struck on the back by a flare. I cannot take risks like this anymore.
I loved the shed, the repartee, the songs, the jokes - even the strange smells. The friendliness, the deep knowledge of the game.
Some of our so called fans have succeeded in doing what thugs from the likes of Rovers, Bohs, Linfield and Rangers have failed to do - they have driven me from the shed. The shed, where I always watched our games - even when the pitch was turned the other way. I'll watch from the terrace at the town end.
It will never be the same.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:17 pm

Good post ,I have a 40 km drive too oriel ,,the wee lad has started coming this season ,Like you I have always stood in the shed ,but it’s no place for a young kid who is only starting out,in fact I’m starting to regret taking him at all,even though he loves it .

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm

Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
No Pyro No Party

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Double post deleted

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:53 pm

ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
Are you the brains of this outfit?
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by tip on » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:15 pm

Wexford White wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:53 pm
ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

Are you the brains of this outfit?
Doubt any of the clowns who let off flares have a brain