Certain element of our fan base.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Richie87 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:20 pm

Derry had a strong statement, potential lifetime bans for those persisting with flares https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 70916.html

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by colymull » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:43 pm

ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
Your biggest pyrotechnics display to date??
Even though the club have repeatedly asked you all not to bring flares as it costing the club money, money that could be used elsewhere? Not to mention, it's only matter of time before someone gets seriously injured.
You boys really are fcuking brain dead.
Last edited by colymull on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Midfield11 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:50 pm

Haha the shed side clowns are going to treat us to a pyrotechnic display with a flare and a box of matches. That one post alone has made muppets of the shed side army.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by oldfogey » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:10 pm

I challenge the club to

(a) issue a clear and concise warning banning all flares, smoke bombs, etc.
(b) threaten anyone caught carrying or using flares, or preventing identification of those guilty, with long term bans
(c) pack the place with outside security, nab anyone involved, and issue multi year bans. The punishment needs to fit the crime. A day in court is like a badge of honour to these low life.

I don't consider myself a violent person, but I would definitely support a scenario where - in the absence of meaningful action by the club - supporters take matters into their own hands to prevent Oriel Park being closed. I personally view the setting off of a flare in my vicinity as being on a par with pulling a knife on me. Self defence moves to the top of the list of potential options.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7490
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:37 pm

How hard is it for the club to have a videographer stand on pitch Infront of shed before games and record said individuals? Then they are easy to recognise and ban Yes flares add atmosphere no doubting that. But they aren't in the hands of the correct individuals and are not being used in a controlled or safe environment, so for me they need to be banned from stadiums until such time as they can be used in a safer environment.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Richie87 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:56 pm

It wouldn't drag on as long in other Sports. The GAA banned Airhorns from grounds around 10 years ago and they don't be in Grounds now.
I remember the World Cup in South Africa 2010, was a joke with the vuvuzeulas.

Dundalk have had problems with flares for a long time but it's brushed under the carpet until the next major incident.
Peter Cherrie was nearly hit with a flare last year

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7490
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Richie87 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:56 pm It wouldn't drag on as long in other Sports. The GAA banned Airhorns from grounds around 10 years ago and they don't be in Grounds now.
I remember the World Cup in South Africa 2010, was a joke with the vuvuzeulas.

Dundalk have had problems with flares for a long time but it's brushed under the carpet until the next major incident.
Peter Cherrie was nearly hit with a flare last year
The flare in Drogheda actually did hit off one of them as it was thrown onto pitch. Isn't it great that we can afford to throw so much money away to the FAI in fines!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:59 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:10 pm I challenge the club to

(a) issue a clear and concise warning banning all flares, smoke bombs, etc.
(b) threaten anyone caught carrying or using flares, or preventing identification of those guilty, with long term bans
(c) pack the place with outside security, nab anyone involved, and issue multi year bans. The punishment needs to fit the crime. A day in court is like a badge of honour to these low life.

I don't consider myself a violent person, but I would definitely support a scenario where - in the absence of meaningful action by the club - supporters take matters into their own hands to prevent Oriel Park being closed. I personally view the setting off of a flare in my vicinity as being on a par with pulling a knife on me. Self defence moves to the top of the list of potential options.
What ya gonna do? Shake your walking stick in the direction of the shed hahahaha
No Pyro No Party

User avatar
ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:59 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:10 pm I challenge the club to

(a) issue a clear and concise warning banning all flares, smoke bombs, etc.
(b) threaten anyone caught carrying or using flares, or preventing identification of those guilty, with long term bans
(c) pack the place with outside security, nab anyone involved, and issue multi year bans. The punishment needs to fit the crime. A day in court is like a badge of honour to these low life.

I don't consider myself a violent person, but I would definitely support a scenario where - in the absence of meaningful action by the club - supporters take matters into their own hands to prevent Oriel Park being closed. I personally view the setting off of a flare in my vicinity as being on a par with pulling a knife on me. Self defence moves to the top of the list of potential options.
What ya gonna do? Shake your walking stick in the direction of the shed hahahaha
No Pyro No Party

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Pepsi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm

ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
Lads clear as day someone is taking the piss. Sad part of it is that some of our own fans dont know if it is true or not. Kinda says a lot of what we expect from the ShedSide ....... ShedSide03 and his post above kinda sums everything up.
ShedSide03 .... dont forget the ask the boy scouts or even better the cubs to support you at your pyro display.... heard they are great at lighting matches ... not sure you will get them flares going without them.

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Towelie » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:31 pm

It's clearly a pisstake, and one that really isn't helping the divide between supporters.

I enjoy the atmosphere created by flares but the reality is for the amount racked up in fines over the season we could have another player signed up for the same amount.

It's really not worth it when it's just lads living out some sort of Danny Dyer-esque fantasy after watching Green Street when they were smaller.

I seen a feature about the smokeless "safe" pyro in Denmark but I doubt it will be adopted here as it would hurt some sense of "pride" I suppose.

User avatar
ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm
ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
Lads clear as day someone is taking the piss. Sad part of it is that some of our own fans dont know if it is true or not. Kinda says a lot of what we expect from the ShedSide ....... ShedSide03 and his post above kinda sums everything up.
ShedSide03 .... dont forget the ask the boy scouts or even better the cubs to support you at your pyro display.... heard they are great at lighting matches ... not sure you will get them flares going without them.
Yeah, an obvious piss take but does it actually say a lot of what yous expect from the ShedSide or does it actually say a lot about the absolute lack of intelligence/common sense on Oriel Web?
No Pyro No Party

User avatar
ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm
ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
Lads clear as day someone is taking the piss. Sad part of it is that some of our own fans dont know if it is true or not. Kinda says a lot of what we expect from the ShedSide ....... ShedSide03 and his post above kinda sums everything up.
ShedSide03 .... dont forget the ask the boy scouts or even better the cubs to support you at your pyro display.... heard they are great at lighting matches ... not sure you will get them flares going without them.
Yeah, an obvious piss take but does it actually say a lot of what yous expect from the ShedSide or does it actually say a lot about the absolute lack of intelligence/common sense on Oriel Web?
No Pyro No Party

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Pepsi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:56 pm

ShedSide03 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:37 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm
ShedSide03 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm Hi folks, won’t state exactly who I am but i am involved in the display/tifo group from the shed and I just wanted to make this account to fill you in on some news as I’ve been reading Oriel Web for a long time now, I’ve took in what yous have been saying and relaying it back to the rest of the boys.

We are currently planning our biggest pyrotechnic display to date. We have took on what yous have stated about the camera men and commentators in the commentary box and how it is unfair for them, therefore we are delighted to announce that this display will not take place in the shed and it will be moved to the Stand.

This means the people who cannot attend the shed anymore due to the smoke will now be able to return, the camera men and commentators in the commentary box will no longer be hit with the smoke and flares will 100% not be able to be thrown onto the pitch as it is a much larger distance.

Thank you for the criticism, it has been taken on board 100%. We hope yous are as happy as we are with this decision.
Lads clear as day someone is taking the piss. Sad part of it is that some of our own fans dont know if it is true or not. Kinda says a lot of what we expect from the ShedSide ....... ShedSide03 and his post above kinda sums everything up.
ShedSide03 .... dont forget the ask the boy scouts or even better the cubs to support you at your pyro display.... heard they are great at lighting matches ... not sure you will get them flares going without them.
Yeah, an obvious piss take but does it actually say a lot of what yous expect from the ShedSide or does it actually say a lot about the absolute lack of intelligence/common sense on Oriel Web?
Is it that hard to ask the Shed Side Army to act in a manner that does not cost the club money nor put people at risk? They can create a great athmosphere without bringing fines to the club.

Common sense ... your post basically highlights how this riles certain individuals, how strongly they feel about it and should highlight to those involved in the SSA that as good as it may look, the majority of fans do not want it due to the risk of injury and / or the potential fines that it brings with it.
As I already said, if the SSA wants to do it, get in touch with a fireman (there is one around the club most match nights) and ask for advice on how to do it in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury or smoke / fume related problems to certain fans who suffer from astma etc. Then also have the balls to cough up for the fines issued instead of hiding behind the ... "we create the athmosphere" line. Quite common for Ultra in Holland, Germany and Sweden to donate the money to the club to cover fines ..... surely these very Ultra groups are the ones yourself and your mates idolise.

User avatar
ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:56 pm
ShedSide03 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:37 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Lads clear as day someone is taking the piss. Sad part of it is that some of our own fans dont know if it is true or not. Kinda says a lot of what we expect from the ShedSide ....... ShedSide03 and his post above kinda sums everything up.
ShedSide03 .... dont forget the ask the boy scouts or even better the cubs to support you at your pyro display.... heard they are great at lighting matches ... not sure you will get them flares going without them.
Yeah, an obvious piss take but does it actually say a lot of what yous expect from the ShedSide or does it actually say a lot about the absolute lack of intelligence/common sense on Oriel Web?
Is it that hard to ask the Shed Side Army to act in a manner that does not cost the club money nor put people at risk? They can create a great athmosphere without bringing fines to the club.

Common sense ... your post basically highlights how this riles certain individuals, how strongly they feel about it and should highlight to those involved in the SSA that as good as it may look, the majority of fans do not want it due to the risk of injury and / or the potential fines that it brings with it.
As I already said, if the SSA wants to do it, get in touch with a fireman (there is one around the club most match nights) and ask for advice on how to do it in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury or smoke / fume related problems to certain fans who suffer from astma etc. Then also have the balls to cough up for the fines issued instead of hiding behind the ... "we create the athmosphere" line. Quite common for Ultra in Holland, Germany and Sweden to donate the money to the club to cover fines ..... surely these very Ultra groups are the ones yourself and your mates idolise.
Not very common in Ireland tho is it pal
No Pyro No Party

Post Reply