Certain element of our fan base.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Pepsi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:10 pm

ShedSide03 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:04 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:56 pm
ShedSide03 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:37 pm
Yeah, an obvious piss take but does it actually say a lot of what yous expect from the ShedSide or does it actually say a lot about the absolute lack of intelligence/common sense on Oriel Web?
Is it that hard to ask the Shed Side Army to act in a manner that does not cost the club money nor put people at risk? They can create a great athmosphere without bringing fines to the club.

Common sense ... your post basically highlights how this riles certain individuals, how strongly they feel about it and should highlight to those involved in the SSA that as good as it may look, the majority of fans do not want it due to the risk of injury and / or the potential fines that it brings with it.
As I already said, if the SSA wants to do it, get in touch with a fireman (there is one around the club most match nights) and ask for advice on how to do it in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury or smoke / fume related problems to certain fans who suffer from astma etc. Then also have the balls to cough up for the fines issued instead of hiding behind the ... "we create the athmosphere" line. Quite common for Ultra in Holland, Germany and Sweden to donate the money to the club to cover fines ..... surely these very Ultra groups are the ones yourself and your mates idolise.
Not very common in Ireland tho is it pal
Ahhh so we should only do what the Irish do .... then back to part time players, offer Hoban €50 a game and a SingLi curry chip, forget LOITV and get JD and his mates back running the game.
Your statement is exactly what is wrong with Irish football .... look beyond Dublin like a good lad.

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:10 pm

No but in all seriousness could you give me a source on this being common? I've read about it happening the odd time but never about it being common?
No Pyro No Party

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 pm

What I find interesting is that certain supporters on social media, others who have accounts on here and certain journalists spent all their time slagging off Peak6 for 18 months but are completely silent on this issue!!
This is a huge issue. Throwing flares onto pitches, accosting families at games and other general thuggery is getting worse and the club seem to think a couple of statements and warnings are what’s called for.
These boys are literally robbing the club of money because of the amount of fines they are generating.
Not a word from the Shed Side Army but they were quick to complain when their gear was confiscated last year.
Not a word from the 1903 group either.
I for one am questioning why I should spend money on the club lotto, the club shop and the Patron scheme when my money goes to pay for what these pricks think is great craic.
What really annoys me is that the club don’t seem to want to actually take proper action and issue bans.
Are they afraid of getting sued or are they afraid of being accused of going against the whole “we’re a community club” stuff that I hear over and over again.

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:40 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 pm What I find interesting is that certain supporters on social media, others who have accounts on here and certain journalists spent all their time slagging off Peak6 for 18 months but are completely silent on this issue!!
This is a huge issue. Throwing flares onto pitches, accosting families at games and other general thuggery is getting worse and the club seem to think a couple of statements and warnings are what’s called for.
These boys are literally robbing the club of money because of the amount of fines they are generating.
Not a word from the Shed Side Army but they were quick to complain when their gear was confiscated last year.
I for one am questioning why I should spend money on the club lotto, the club shop and the Patron scheme when my money goes to pay for what these pricks think is great craic.
What really annoys me is that the club don’t seem to want to actually take proper action and issue bans.
Are they afraid of getting sued or are they afraid of being accused of going against the whole “we’re a community club” stuff that I hear over and over again.
Throwing flares onto the pitch: is probably one of the safest ways to get rid of them if done properly compared to the alternative of dropping them on the ground, them rolling and burning the legs of people.

Accosting families at games: the person apologised to the family, the family accepted the apology, if they can get over it I'm sure you can too.

Other general thuggery is getting worse: Every single other club in both leagues in ireland are the exact same, im sure it's probably to do with the fact that they've been locked up at home for the past 2 years.

Not a word from the Shed Side Army but they were quick to complain when their gear was confiscated last year: What do you want them say? They make flags and displays. What do ya want them to do banish young lads from the shed? Noone in the Shed Side Army has any right to say who can and cant enter the shed. And why wouldn't they post about their stuff getting robbed?

Not a word from the 1903 group either: Again what can the 1903 do to stop anything?

I for one am questioning why I should spend money on the club lotto, the club shop and the Patron scheme when my money goes to pay for what these pricks think is great craic: I doubt your few quid makes any difference to anything.

What really annoys me is that the club don’t seem to want to actually take proper action and issue bans: no other club in Ireland are giving out bans
No Pyro No Party

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:45 pm

ShedSide03 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:40 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 pm What I find interesting is that certain supporters on social media, others who have accounts on here and certain journalists spent all their time slagging off Peak6 for 18 months but are completely silent on this issue!!
Throwing flares onto the pitch: is probably one of the safest ways to get rid of them if done properly compared to the alternative of dropping them on the ground, them rolling and burning the legs of people.

Accosting families at games: the person apologised to the family, the family accepted the apology, if they can get over it I'm sure you can too.

Other general thuggery is getting worse: Every single other club in both leagues in ireland are the exact same, im sure it's probably to do with the fact that they've been locked up at home for the past 2 years.

Not a word from the Shed Side Army but they were quick to complain when their gear was confiscated last year: What do you want them say? They make flags and displays. What do ya want them to do banish young lads from the shed? Noone in the Shed Side Army has any right to say who can and cant enter the shed. And why wouldn't they post about their stuff getting robbed?

Not a word from the 1903 group either: Again what can the 1903 do to stop anything?

I for one am questioning why I should spend money on the club lotto, the club shop and the Patron scheme when my money goes to pay for what these pricks think is great craic: I doubt your few quid makes any difference to anything.

What really annoys me is that the club don’t seem to want to actually take proper action and issue bans: no other club in Ireland are giving out bans
Are you the public spokesman for the ShedSide Army? Because, if so you aren't doing a very good job of it.

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:53 pm

colymull wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:45 pm

Are you the public spokesman for the ShedSide Army? Because, if so you aren't doing a very good job of it.
I'm actually the Mujahideen's Ambassador for oriel web , they call me Mohammad Yunus Khalis.
No Pyro No Party

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:46 pm

[fctable][/fctable]

Post of the year there pal…

Yea you’re probably right, my few quid makes no difference.
There you are lads , I reckon that’s the essence of what the flare boys think of our club

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:14 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:46 pm [fctable][/fctable]

Post of the year there pal…

Yea you’re probably right, my few quid makes no difference.
There you are lads , I reckon that’s the essence of what the flare boys think of our club
Can't lie, I'd be more a smoke bomb boy than a flare boy myself
No Pyro No Party

Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Midfield11 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:19 pm

Thuggery is getting worse because everyone has been locked up for 2 years…class, I seen two aul ones punching the head of each other outside mass the other day, poor dolls had been locked up for 2 years. The mind of a child is a wonderful thing.😂😂. This is the mentality we are up against. As for throwing a flare on to a pitch for safety reasons if done properly (god forbid you done it wrong)!!! That’s the brain of a jelly fish in full flow

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:25 pm

Midfield11 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:19 pm Thuggery is getting worse because everyone has been locked up for 2 years…class, I seen two aul ones punching the head of each other outside mass the other day, poor dolls had been locked up for 2 years. The mind of a child is a wonderful thing.😂😂. This is the mentality we are up against. As for throwing a flare on to a pitch for safety reasons if done properly (god forbid you done it wrong)!!! That’s the brain of a jelly fish in full flow
Fair play to them. Have to let the anger out. Who won?

Just don't do it wrong? lol
No Pyro No Party

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:56 pm

Ah heyor!!!! Leave it out!!!!

I dunno whether to laugh or cry at this post. You my good chap are an absolute cretin!!

Best bits are the throwing flares onto the pitch is the safest option! There's meant to be no flares you half wit!

Another classic is that our money spent makes no difference. Jesus wept! The club needs every penny of our money it can get.

Brushing off coked up drunken tools abusing a child with cerebral palsy as acceptable behaviour. What's next? Knocking over people in wheelchairs for the laugh?

Here's another laugh. Your flags and displays. They're exactly that, a laugh. They're normally absolutely shit. And I deliberately say this, they are the work of retards.

You and your cronies think you generate this great atmosphere when in reality you're all nothing but an embarrassment and a stain on the club simply using the club and our games as an escape from the mundane reality of your dead end jobs (and no jobs) and to act out your parts as an extra in Football Factory.

Ironic thing is there's not a slap in any of you cowardly idiots.

As for being in lockdown for 2 years thuggery excuse, its exactly that. Another pathetic excuse from an amoeba.

Now run along now and collect your dole like a good lad.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Post by 0rl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richie87 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:56 pm

Violence seems to be increasing in England, though it always seemed to close boiling over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub1e9Jc205k

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:23 pm

https://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statemen ... YVlgavYHEc

Club fined €1,200 for what the Flare boys did in Drogs.
Again, I’m questioning why I should spend money in Oriel when it’s literally going up in smoke.
I hope this provokes the club to ban these guys.

ShedSide03
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ShedSide03 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:29 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:23 pm https://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statemen ... YVlgavYHEc

Club fined €1,200 for what the Flare boys did in Drogs.
Again, I’m questioning why I should spend money in Oriel when it’s literally going up in smoke.
I hope this provokes the club to ban these guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0
No Pyro No Party