Certain element of our fan base.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Post Reply
User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:06 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:23 pm I hope this provokes the club to ban these guys.
It won't.

Unfortunately it will take someone getting seriously hurt either at one of our games or another game in the league before any clubs take proper action
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Pepsi » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 am

https://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-march-30th/
We can confirm that the club has been fined €1,200 by the FAI for the incidents that marred our recent SSE Airtricity League game with Drogheda United at Head In The Game Park.

Flares and smoke bombs were lit and subsequently thrown onto the playing surface, causing the game to be stopped, while a small number of individuals encroached onto the pitch at full-time to confront Drogheda United supporters.

We have requested the FAI’s video footage of the incidents in question and will issue bans to anyone who is identified.

Every supporter has a right to attend a game without running the risk of physical and verbal abuse or serious injury from smoke bombs or flares.

As a club, we will simply not tolerate these incidents any further.
Time for the SSA to either man up and pay the fine or for them to identify the people involved to ensure the club know who not to let in.

User avatar
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3695
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by GC. » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:44 am

If the club doesn’t ban the individuals, could they be liable if someone gets hurt in future? As they are aware of the problem before an injury occurs.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:52 am

GC. wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:44 am If the club doesn’t ban the individuals, could they be liable if someone gets hurt in future? As they are aware of the problem before an injury occurs.
A major health and safety issue has been identified. If the club were to defend themselves in court they would need to prove that appropriate steps were put in place to rectify. That would be a serious challenge as things stand.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by oldfogey » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 am

Pepsi wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 am https://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-march-30th/
We can confirm that the club has been fined €1,200 by the FAI for the incidents that marred our recent SSE Airtricity League game with Drogheda United at Head In The Game Park.

Flares and smoke bombs were lit and subsequently thrown onto the playing surface, causing the game to be stopped, while a small number of individuals encroached onto the pitch at full-time to confront Drogheda United supporters.

We have requested the FAI’s video footage of the incidents in question and will issue bans to anyone who is identified.

Every supporter has a right to attend a game without running the risk of physical and verbal abuse or serious injury from smoke bombs or flares.

As a club, we will simply not tolerate these incidents any further.
Time for the SSA to either man up and pay the fine or for them to identify the people involved to ensure the club know who not to let in.
I'm sorry but I don't feel that reimbursing the club for the fine is acceptable. That sets the precedence that it's OK to continue endangering people as long as they pay the fines. There will be no reimbursement if there is a closure order on Oriel, or of other supporters if there is a ban on away fans. And rest assured NO-ONE will put their hand up if there is an injury/insurance claim.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Pepsi » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:42 am

oldfogey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 am
Pepsi wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 am https://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-march-30th/
We can confirm that the club has been fined €1,200 by the FAI for the incidents that marred our recent SSE Airtricity League game with Drogheda United at Head In The Game Park.

Flares and smoke bombs were lit and subsequently thrown onto the playing surface, causing the game to be stopped, while a small number of individuals encroached onto the pitch at full-time to confront Drogheda United supporters.

We have requested the FAI’s video footage of the incidents in question and will issue bans to anyone who is identified.

Every supporter has a right to attend a game without running the risk of physical and verbal abuse or serious injury from smoke bombs or flares.

As a club, we will simply not tolerate these incidents any further.
Time for the SSA to either man up and pay the fine or for them to identify the people involved to ensure the club know who not to let in.
I'm sorry but I don't feel that reimbursing the club for the fine is acceptable. That sets the precedence that it's OK to continue endangering people as long as they pay the fines. There will be no reimbursement if there is a closure order on Oriel, or of other supporters if there is a ban on away fans. And rest assured NO-ONE will put their hand up if there is an injury/insurance claim.
No no, the suprise comes after they pay the fine .... SSA are banned from Oriel until they name the people responible and promise to co-operate with the club on stamping it out. You can assume 60-70% if not more know who is taking in the flares and how they are getting in, I am also sure there are people within the club who know. As a result, if they dont pay up and stamp it out .... they have to go. Very simple, they will be missed however athmosphere can be created without endangering people and property. Better the club takes action before a public body do on Health and Safety grounds.

Martinlawlor88
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Martinlawlor88 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:33 pm

SSA! 4 SCRAPS 4 WINS THE SEASON MORE THAN THE TEAM ITSELF! Sligo derry harps drogs 12 points out of 12 available

Martinlawlor88
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Martinlawlor88 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:36 pm

Der will be no bans again use pack of crying Mr. Buffoon Heads hahahahahw have use no wives and childer to be rare'in
WE DO WHAT WE WANT!

USE ARE ALL MOUTHS

IF THE CLUB DONT STOP US, THEN WHY DON'T USE WHOS SAYING DERS NOT A SLAP IN US! THE MUJA USED TO RUN, THE SSA BANGS! ITS NOT THE 90S ANYMORE WHERE USE USED TOBGET CHASED ROUND IRELAND LADS

User avatar
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Wexford White » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:26 pm

Martinlawlor88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:36 pm Der will be no bans again use pack of crying Mr. Buffoon Heads hahahahahw have use no wives and childer to be rare'in
WE DO WHAT WE WANT!

USE ARE ALL MOUTHS

IF THE CLUB DONT STOP US, THEN WHY DON'T USE WHOS SAYING DERS NOT A SLAP IN US! THE MUJA USED TO RUN, THE SSA BANGS! ITS NOT THE 90S ANYMORE WHERE USE USED TOBGET CHASED ROUND IRELAND LADS
The musings of a literary genius............
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:54 pm

Martinlawlor88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:36 pm Der will be no bans again use pack of crying Mr. Buffoon Heads hahahahahw have use no wives and childer to be rare'in
WE DO WHAT WE WANT!

USE ARE ALL MOUTHS

IF THE CLUB DONT STOP US, THEN WHY DON'T USE WHOS SAYING DERS NOT A SLAP IN US! THE MUJA USED TO RUN, THE SSA BANGS! ITS NOT THE 90S ANYMORE WHERE USE USED TOBGET CHASED ROUND IRELAND LADS
It looks like I’ve touched a nerve judging by this idiot’s username
Hopefully the first ban will be from OW for crimes against the English language

Martinlawlor88
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Martinlawlor88 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:41 pm

Hahahaha give it up ya mongo

Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by Midfield11 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:01 pm

😂I use to read this for Dundalk fc news but now it’s to learn new words like “Tobget” and “rare’in”, not sure how you would use them but they roll of the tongue

User avatar
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3695
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by GC. » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:55 am

Martinlawlor88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:36 pm Der will be no bans again use pack of crying Mr. Buffoon Heads hahahahahw have use no wives and childer to be rare'in
WE DO WHAT WE WANT!

USE ARE ALL MOUTHS

IF THE CLUB DONT STOP US, THEN WHY DON'T USE WHOS SAYING DERS NOT A SLAP IN US! THE MUJA USED TO RUN, THE SSA BANGS! ITS NOT THE 90S ANYMORE WHERE USE USED TOBGET CHASED ROUND IRELAND LADS
You should spend more time in school and less pretending to be a hard mad. You would have a better chance of learning English if you did, and it will serve you better when you go into adulthood.

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:13 am

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by DanielSexton » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:14 am

The idea that you could ban ‘the shed side army’ seems daft to me. If individuals are causing the club a problem then it’s up to the club to find a way to deal with the individuals. Some kind of collective punishment is wrong and wouldn’t work anyway. It’s not like there’s a registered list of members or something and plenty of people in the Shed can see who the troublemakers are - you don’t have to be in the ssa to identify them

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Certain element of our fan base.

Post by oldfogey » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:04 am

DanielSexton wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:14 am The idea that you could ban ‘the shed side army’ seems daft to me. If individuals are causing the club a problem then it’s up to the club to find a way to deal with the individuals. Some kind of collective punishment is wrong and wouldn’t work anyway. It’s not like there’s a registered list of members or something and plenty of people in the Shed can see who the troublemakers are - you don’t have to be in the ssa to identify them
You do yourself a disservice Danny, especially after the all the hard work put in over the last year or so. I can't believe you prefer the banning of fellow SSA members over self regulation. Or is this just an attempt to up the ante, to a point where bans are met with demonstrations and more anti-social behaviour? If the SSA refuses to accept an instruction from the club to cease pyrotechnics, then you know what the next step is. So you have a choice here

- collectively agree (no bu**sh*t about "it's not me it's the guy beside me") to stop this dangerous behaviour
- the Shed gets closed

Then you can face the wrath of the hundreds of men women and children who just want to watch the match without someone putting their health and safety - and lives - at risk.

Of course there are other options
- body searching everyone going into the ground
- Apprehend the culprits in the act.

The first will cause queues to the train station and beyond. The second can only be carried out by fully kitted out firemen. Both are cost prohibitive and impractical.

Post Reply