2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Post Reply
User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by BigChief » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted but it Seems Connolly is a done deal:
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... d-dundalk/

Also led to believe the Swansea manager confirmed In a press conference yesterday that Williams is to join us on loan.. he has made 2 caribao cup appearances for the Swans this season.

Still holding out hope on a new/old #7 👀

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by BigChief » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 pm

Double post

User avatar
Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Quay

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Quayman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am

BigChief wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 pm Sorry if this has already been posted but it Seems Connolly is a done deal:
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... d-dundalk/

Also led to believe the Swansea manager confirmed In a press conference yesterday that Williams is to join us on loan.. he has made 2 caribao cup appearances for the Swans this season.

Still holding out hope on a new/old #7 👀
Article suggests it's a loan for connolly, he's out of contract in June also.
Neale Fenn....SCUM

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Quayman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am
BigChief wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 pm Sorry if this has already been posted but it Seems Connolly is a done deal:
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... d-dundalk/

Also led to believe the Swansea manager confirmed In a press conference yesterday that Williams is to join us on loan.. he has made 2 caribao cup appearances for the Swans this season.

Still holding out hope on a new/old #7 👀
Article suggests it's a loan for connolly, he's out of contract in June also.
June 2023

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:10 pm

16th of Jan was when the loan spell ended https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-co ... ler/128285

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:17 pm

Connolly played the whole game today for Dunfermline. Even blocked a goal in the 95 min according to their Twitter !
Hopefully he joins up with us next week

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:32 pm

He's a top defender. Right footed so could easily see him partnering Andy Boyle and doing well.

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8115
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by mike » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:14 pm

I have to say I like the look at that Connolly guy, that's exactly what we need, a bit of steel and experience in there with Boyle.

I`d assume Gartland will be back up, and a good one at that, so who will the 4th central defender be, a new join or will be promote Mayota up? I'd have no probs with the latter, he was outstanding when called for v FH in the cup replay.

Just on Connolly, if he is replacing Cleary, we have lost one to bottom side SPL, and replacing with bottom side in Scot Championship (on GD but improving), but I suppose Connolly's parent club is SPL (Dundee Utd).

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:31 pm

I think I read that the only reason Connolly was on loan at Dunfermline was as part of his rehabilitation from a bad injury. As far as I'm aware he was a starter and performing well for Dundee before he got the knock, whether or not they've moved on and replaced him is a different story.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4624
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 am

Loan for Dan Williams confirmed. Sounds a promising player.

Squad up to 17 senior pros now so maybe only one or two more additions at the back and we're done?

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by BigChief » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:18 am

If Connolly signs that 18. I still imagine we need cover at LB, possibly another winger, Is Bone/Mountney our RB options ?

Online
superman
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by superman » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am

Still a very thin squad, apart from the center of midfield. Could do with defense re-enforcements for depth (or better right back if Bone is the 4th cb), a starting winger, and possibly a 3rd striker (McMillian and Hoban are brilliant options, but once one is injured, suddenly there are no options from the bench).
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

0rl
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by 0rl » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:14 pm

superman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am Still a very thin squad, apart from the center of midfield. Could do with defense re-enforcements for depth (or better right back if Bone is the 4th cb), a starting winger, and possibly a 3rd striker (McMillian and Hoban are brilliant options, but once one is injured, suddenly there are no options from the bench).
I would imagine John Martin would fill in for that role if needed. He has played up front in the past.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4350
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:46 pm

I'd like to see a dedicated right back and a centre back (Connolly hopefully) come in as a priority. We could also use wll cover at left back I think we are very light for cover up front. McMillan was very poor last season following his injury and I'd have concerns that at 33 his best is behind him. A UK loan signing of a pacy striker that could play behind Hoban if needed would be ideal.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8115
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by mike » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:07 pm

Has Sam Bone not being signed as a right back ? Unless you mean another one, but Mountney can also play there, think he will miss the start of the season though.

Post Reply