2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Post Reply
DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:13 am

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by DanielSexton » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm

Towelie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:24 pm
Richie87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm A few LOI clubs interested in Jordan Flores, he wants a move back to the League.

Dawson Devoy looks to be another Bohemians player on the move.
Jordan regularly likes Dundalk's tweets and shares posts about his time at Dundalk quite a bit. Depends on if Stevie wants him I'd say. Personally, I think we're a bit too stacked in the middle.
Could he be the number 10? Was at the Cobh game and while you can’t read too much into these games I thought Williams was superb. Wardy was off it a bit and Doyle was a bit anonymous. In the first half when the game was being played at a good pace we only created one good opening in front of a team that chose to sit in. Adams didn’t play so maybe he’s marked for that position. Benson looks like he’ll be more central.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm

https://twitter.com/dundalkfc/status/14 ... 24108?s=21

Is the guy pictures beside Dickie the trialist ?

DessieGorman’sTache
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by DessieGorman’sTache » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:43 pm

That is Barnsley’s Jordan Helliwell.

User avatar
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Wexford White » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:04 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 am Any word on who the two trialists were last night?
Whatever happened to A.N.Other?
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:12 pm

DessieGorman’sTache wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:43 pm That is Barnsley’s Jordan Helliwell.
Is he a fullback?

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:20 pm

He can play across the back 4 or in midfield. A bit versatile like Dummigan . He's out of contract in June, so probaly a loan till then, with a view to joining on a free..

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/teams/u23- ... helliwell/

User avatar
Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:19 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Hull White » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 pm

Towelie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:24 pm
Richie87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm A few LOI clubs interested in Jordan Flores, he wants a move back to the League.

Dawson Devoy looks to be another Bohemians player on the move.
Jordan regularly likes Dundalk's tweets and shares posts about his time at Dundalk quite a bit. Depends on if Stevie wants him I'd say. Personally, I think we're a bit too stacked in the middle.
Hi Towell
I live in the same village as Grant Mc Cann the Hull City manager and have spoken to him many times. He has the upmost respect for Jordan. He says that the lad has a genuine live for Dundalk and it’s people and said it was the best time of his career. Unfortunately, he signed with an injury and the owners wanted to drop him. McCann likes him as a player and person very much and got him his move to Northampton because he believed when fit he was good enough for the Championship so he maybe worth another chance. McCann said he had a great attitude, trained hard and wanted to progress. We saw a bit of his talent when he was here so maybe worth a gamble at the right price. I believe that he is now fit.

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:45 pm

Hull White wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 pm
Towelie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:24 pm
Richie87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm A few LOI clubs interested in Jordan Flores, he wants a move back to the League.

Dawson Devoy looks to be another Bohemians player on the move.
Jordan regularly likes Dundalk's tweets and shares posts about his time at Dundalk quite a bit. Depends on if Stevie wants him I'd say. Personally, I think we're a bit too stacked in the middle.
Hi Towell
I live in the same village as Grant Mc Cann the Hull City manager and have spoken to him many times. He has the upmost respect for Jordan. He says that the lad has a genuine live for Dundalk and it’s people and said it was the best time of his career. Unfortunately, he signed with an injury and the owners wanted to drop him. McCann likes him as a player and person very much and got him his move to Northampton because he believed when fit he was good enough for the Championship so he maybe worth another chance. McCann said he had a great attitude, trained hard and wanted to progress. We saw a bit of his talent when he was here so maybe worth a gamble at the right price. I believe that he is now fit.
That's really interesting! Injuries were the only thing holding him back and I felt that he was only coming into his stride when he left, he was excellent in the cup final. No doubt he's probably text a few of the lads trying to sort some contact from the club. He'd definitely be on reduced terms though.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:03 pm

A lot of talent leaving the League. John Mahon to join St Johnstone. Him and Cleary at the back.

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 pm

That's a serious blow to Sligo to lose both him and Kenny.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:38 pm

Yeah a big loss. They got a fee for both players ,but replacing them won't be easy as most players in League are tied down now. I though John Mason would have had better offers, but maybe wants to use St Johnstone as a stepping stone.

2 local players for Sligo, very good academy.

User avatar
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3695
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:32 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by GC. » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm

Mark Hanratty has signed a new contract. I hope that’s not one of the two final names SO’D was talking about. Not taking away from the fact Mark is a good player.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 pm

GC. wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm Mark Hanratty has signed a new contract. I hope that’s not one of the two final names SO’D was talking about. Not taking away from the fact Mark is a good player.
I think Mark looked decent every time he had a chance with and hopefully he will continue to improve and get chances but like you say hopefully there is a couple more to come in as I think we're a little light at full back particularly
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:10 pm

Richie87 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:03 pm A lot of talent leaving the League. John Mahon to join St Johnstone. Him and Cleary at the back.
Bohs have lost a couple over past few days also.

I'm starting to feel a lot more confident about the season ahead and our chances of finishing at least 4th. Of the teams that finished ahead of us last season, Bohs look significantly weaker, Sligo slightly weaker and Pats around the same although they have majorly strengthened in forwards. Derry have signed some very strong players including from us but Duffy and Dummigan are the only two you'd feel we'll badly miss. Patching never produced for us and McEleney always seems to get injured when putting a bit of form together. If Jack Byrne gets back to his best, Rovers could win the league by 20 points. They were shit last year and still ran away with the title.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:44 pm

I don't think Pats are really weaker from last season. They have made a few decent loan signings. Adam O Riley is a good midfielder, Joe Redmond should be an addition in their defence. They signed a defender from Ross County on a 2 year deal.
They still have to bring in a keeper, but they look solid enough elsewhere. Keeping the talisman Chris Forrester , and Billy King were a big plus. Darragh Burns looks to be staying for the season after interest from Hibs, Jamie Lennon a good talent also.

Post Reply