2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Post Reply
User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am

Haven't seen much of him but I know he plays as a left full as well which gives cover for Leahy which we badly needed.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:48 pm


User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4449
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Towelie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am Haven't seen much of him but I know he plays as a left full as well which gives cover for Leahy which we badly needed.
Can play left full, centre half and centre midfield. No idea of how good he is but if he's decent he's the type of player we should be signing.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:01 pm

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/15 ... SNiCw&s=19

McCourt confirmed

Edit: Connolly gone as per the article.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4449
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:04 pm

That's confirmed now with confirmation also that Connolly is gone
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by BigChief » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:20 pm

Cant say I know a whole pile about McCourt of if I ever remember him sticking out whilst playing for Sligo but ODonnell seems to highly rate him going by his interview.

Disappointed to see Connolly going as he was our star performer in my opinion, however the club seems to be running on a strict budget this year. But Its time now to move on from Connolly and give the new lads a chance.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4449
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:29 pm

BigChief wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:20 pm Cant say I know a whole pile about McCourt of if I ever remember him sticking out whilst playing for Sligo but ODonnell seems to highly rate him going by his interview.

Disappointed to see Connolly going as he was our star performer in my opinion, however the club seems to be running on a strict budget this year. But Its time now to move on from Connolly and give the new lads a chance.
Massive loss as he's the best centre half in the league in my opinion. We could make a serious team out of the players we have lost over the past 18 months.

Although I do wonder will this get Boyle back to his best now. He hasn't been up to his own standards this season and I wonder is that because he had such a big character beside him. He is back to being top dog now.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:32 pm

Just hope Connolly goes to either Linfield or Glentoran.

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:39 pm

McCourt has a good physical presence similar to Connolly ,with a good left foot.

Hauge I dont know much about. His brother is an excellent player, formerly of AC Milan now with Frankfurt.

User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:52 pm

If we were to add Lewis and Hauge I'd be happy enough. McCourt provides more competition at center back and on the left. Lewis was all the rage for Pats fans last season so we'll see what he's made of. Hauge I think plays mainly on the left so provides cover for Dicky.

Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Midfield11 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:57 pm

Jesus, connelly was good and I’m sorry he’s gone but he was one player who we got a lend of and couldn’t afford him, if the owners started spending stupid money on players we’d be bust by the end of the season. I’d rather have a club than one player, we still have a squad good enough to push rovers imo. On a more serious note any word on Shepard.

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by superman » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:02 pm

Midfield11 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:57 pm Jesus, connelly was good and I’m sorry he’s gone but he was one player who we got a lend of and couldn’t afford him, if the owners started spending stupid money on players we’d be bust by the end of the season. I’d rather have a club than one player, we still have a squad good enough to push rovers imo. On a more serious note any word on Shepard.
He is on a one-year deal with a club option (as reported here already).

Probably good that the club doesn't over-extend itself with Connolly (although it sucks now).

We better be making moves to sign the rest of the core of the team... Do not want another off-season with a huge amount of movement (especially out of the club).
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4449
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:24 pm

Great to see some level heads on here and on social media with majority of fans not wanting us to splash the cash. The one criticism people had was lack of clarity over the Connolly situation and that was addressed in McCourt's press release.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:13 pm


Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Midfield11 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:15 pm

superman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:02 pm
Midfield11 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:57 pm Jesus, connelly was good and I’m sorry he’s gone but he was one player who we got a lend of and couldn’t afford him, if the owners started spending stupid money on players we’d be bust by the end of the season. I’d rather have a club than one player, we still have a squad good enough to push rovers imo. On a more serious note any word on Shepard.
He is on a one-year deal with a club option (as reported here already).

Probably good that the club doesn't over-extend itself with Connolly (although it sucks now).

We better be making moves to sign the rest of the core of the team... Do not want another off-season with a huge amount of movement (especially out of the club).
Was wondering about shepards injury not his contact 😉

Post Reply