2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:53 pm

Conference League

Group stage qualification
€2.94m

Match won in group stage
€500,000

Match drawn in group stage
€166,000

Decent money if a few points can be picked up.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by thecaptain » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:37 pm

Tbf I think the club made the right call on Connolly, would love if he stayed but as was mentioned, a 300K ish package for a soon to be 31 year old would mean every other lad in the dressing room and future signing would be looking for similar. Owners outright said a competitive budget for this season and that'd blow it and future season budgets out of the water and be back to the madness of Wild Bill and First For Players etc literally robbing us for hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

I do think that the euro performances last season and this season, not just for the champs and the advantage the seeding gives, but across the board will hopefully continue and there's a real chance of 2 or 3 of our euro qualifiers making the 3rd round or playoff round moving forward. This will bring a good bit of revenue in to the club/ league and if we're there top 4 every year it gives us the opportunity to build on a solid financial footing, back to the OG SK era and even the MT P6 era plan of building the club.
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.