2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Richie87 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:00 pm

I'd be very surprised if JM gets a similar role in future as a DOF. He made an absolute balls of it.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Am led to believe Cameron isn't retired and is actually training with a club in the UK. This throws the post from his "father" into serious doubt. Things don't add up here.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:07 pm

colbut26 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:50 pm A very interesting post full of honesty, best of luck to Cameron in whatever he decides to do going forward.
One thing I would like to ask, and I am not being funny or smart, however, Camerons contract was verbally agreed … 2 years and so on, as you say Vinny seems to be on your side.
Why did his agent allow him to sign the written version if it differed so much, as you imply? Was it not checked by his agents’ legal team prior to signing? Surely this is what his agent was being paid for … to ensure your son, got a contract and signed what was agreed. Could it be a case that his agent was connected to the agency whom JM is believed to have been working for?
You make a very fair and reasonable point....and it is the exact question i myself asked when this first became known.

The background is that the terms were not just verbally agreed....they were agreed in writing and with Vinny Perths full support and understanding!
It was only at that point that Cameron was advised by his agent that all terms had been agreed and he was called in immediately after training and asked to simply put pen to paper to cement the agreed terms.
It only became apparent on his last day at Dundalk during discussions with the new owners that the terms of the contract that had been signed and registered had been changed from the terms originally agreed....without any prior discussion or notification.
(sounds like a similar situation may have happened previously at Derry FC judging by comments from another poster?)

I must re-iterate that this is no reflection on the good work done by his agent to reach that point OR the new owners of Dundalk FC who were simply following up on the contract that they had inherited. It is simply that what was supposedly being signed had been changed at the last minute from what had been agreed.....and no explanation has ever been forthcoming by those responsible as to why those changes had been made without prior notification.
Not for one second have i ever believed that his agent was connected to any agency connected to JM as he too has found this whole affair to be very distressing
[/quote]

Just to clarify it was a very different situation in Derry. The wages per the official LOI player registration forms are used to check if a club meets the Salary Cost Protocol, a licensing requirement that no more than 65% of income is spent on player/management costs. The real wage bill was seriously higher. The players were unaware of what had happened. It only came to light when a member of the squad was sent on loan to another club, who paid him his first weeks wages per the official registration form. A real "DOH" moment.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:25 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:25 pm Am led to believe Cameron isn't retired and is actually training with a club in the UK. This throws the post from his "father" into serious doubt. Things don't add up here.
This poster joined OW about a month before Cameron signed for Dundalk, probably around the time a trial/potential contract was first mooted. The talk at the time was all about him trying to establish himself ahead the 2022 season. He may well have given up on his dream of being a professional footballer. That doesn't mean he won't try to keep fit, or even be convinced to give it another go. Conspiracy against JM? Oh please.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:25 pm Am led to believe Cameron isn't retired and is actually training with a club in the UK. This throws the post from his "father" into serious doubt. Things don't add up here.
Ah here will you stop with this guff. His only two posts were about the Longford match before his post last night. Another disgruntled ex-employee who’s on Jim/Peak 6 side of the fence is it? You’ll be telling us they did and ok job last season next

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 pm

shame about the keeper none of them good enough last year but fine margins between success and failure and huge pressure on them all ( especially for a 22 yr old ) thank god cheerie's performance came good in the end
cammy wasn't in the (very short) list of those still contracted for '22 being bandied around in october . as critical as I am of jm , I'd be surprised if he was on a 2 yr and it wasn't common knowledge
bob shouldn't be drawing attention to it on twitter . his dad posted here for a reason

on the signing front we're building slowly but surely the bones of a team there if we write off this year to take pressure off management , with a view to a getting back to the top in 23

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:13 pm

Listen I couldn't give a b****ks about JM or the former owners Peak6 i just said that the lad is training with a club in the UK best of luck to him if he is or what ever he decides to do in the future.

colbut26
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by colbut26 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm

No idea who you are or who your sources are but i can inform you that your statement is 100% NOT true.....I am his father and my son is at home with me right now and NOT training with anyone!

Not sure why you would seek to discredit my personal and honest observations but that's a question only you can answer...?

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm

https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status ... GsCZw&s=19
Interesting. Seems to be a right winger.

Edit: Seeing now that he plays in the middle as well

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Post by 0rl » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm

Towelie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status ... GsCZw&s=19

Here's the goal mentioned in DMcD's article against IreU21.
https://youtu.be/SkhDBPeyle4
29:30 into the clip (11:40 in the game)

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:44 pm

0rl wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm
Towelie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status ... GsCZw&s=19

Here's the goal mentioned in DMcD's article against IreU21.
https://youtu.be/SkhDBPeyle4
29:30 into the clip (11:40 in the game)
Good find! Nice pass in the build up as well.

colbut26
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by colbut26 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:45 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 pm shame about the keeper none of them good enough last year but fine margins between success and failure and huge pressure on them all ( especially for a 22 yr old ) thank god cheerie's performance came good in the end
cammy wasn't in the (very short) list of those still contracted for '22 being bandied around in october . as critical as I am of jm , I'd be surprised if he was on a 2 yr and it wasn't common knowledge
bob shouldn't be drawing attention to it on twitter . his dad posted here for a reason

on the signing front we're building slowly but surely the bones of a team there if we write off this year to take pressure off management , with a view to a getting back to the top in 23
Absolutely stunned that Bob Prole (whoever he is??) has published my comments on Twitter.
My comments were not intended for wider publication....they were simply for the folk of this forum who follow Dundalk FC to provide some understanding of events that have happened within YOUR club.....NOT for all and sundry on Twitter.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm

What do you mean ‘whoever he is?’ Everyone you have interacted with here is using a pseudonym so why ‘whoever he is’ for me?

It seems mad there are still people in 2022 who don’t realise that stuff put on the internet is there for all the world to see. Your post is also going around on WhatsApp too, by the way. I find it hard to believe you thought your post would only be seen by members of this forum and no one else given what you wrote.

Anyway Mr Yates I didn’t ‘publish’ anything, I shared a link to your publicly visible post on this public forum without comment. The people who follow me are all Dundalk fans and everyone has been very sympathetic to Cameron’s experience as am I.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:22 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm What do you mean ‘whoever he is?’ Everyone you have interacted with here is using a pseudonym so why ‘whoever he is’ for me?

It seems mad there are still people in 2022 who don’t realise that stuff put on the internet is there for all the world to see. Your post is also going around on WhatsApp too, by the way. I find it hard to believe you thought your post would only be seen by members of this forum and no one else given what you wrote.

Anyway Mr Yates I didn’t ‘publish’ anything, I shared a link to your publicly visible post on this public forum without comment. The people who follow me are all Dundalk fans and everyone has been very sympathetic to Cameron’s experience as am I.
You have to have some respect for the forum and what people have posted here. It is a members forum after all. It's not the first time you have done this. You may well say that if it is on the intetnet it is fair game, but you have to have some moral standing too.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Is there a transfer fee for these Brentford players?