2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by Towelie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:46 pm

GC. wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm Is there a transfer fee for these Brentford players?
Not sure if the Adams deal is permanent. Could be a loan because I think he's under contract for 2022.

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DanielSexton » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Sorry, is Cameron’s father saying he posted all that on this forum full of anonymous people that he doesn’t know, and he only wanted the anonymous members of this forum to see it and no one else?

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richie87 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Towelie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:46 pm
GC. wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm Is there a transfer fee for these Brentford players?
Not sure if the Adams deal is permanent. Could be a loan because I think he's under contract for 2022.
Adams is contracted until June. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-ada ... ler/547045

It's probaly a loan until June ,and then joins as a free agent if he impresses.

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by tip on » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:25 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm What do you mean ‘whoever he is?’ Everyone you have interacted with here is using a pseudonym so why ‘whoever he is’ for me?

It seems mad there are still people in 2022 who don’t realise that stuff put on the internet is there for all the world to see. Your post is also going around on WhatsApp too, by the way. I find it hard to believe you thought your post would only be seen by members of this forum and no one else given what you wrote.

Anyway Mr Yates I didn’t ‘publish’ anything, I shared a link to your publicly visible post on this public forum without comment. The people who follow me are all Dundalk fans and everyone has been very sympathetic to Cameron’s experience as am I.
You were told to stop posting comments from this forum on your twitter account a few months ago by another poster. You are just a troll who needs to tip on.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:49 pm

I also got told to buy the club myself if I didn’t like how it was being run by Peak6 so 🤷 what other posters tell me to do

I posted the link because I was sympathetic to Yates and thought it was outrageous. If that makes me a troll with no morals then grand.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:09 pm

Towelie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:44 pm
0rl wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm
Towelie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 pm https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status ... GsCZw&s=19
Interesting. Seems to be a right winger.

Edit: Seeing now that he plays in the middle as well
Here's the goal mentioned in DMcD's article against IreU21.
https://youtu.be/SkhDBPeyle4
29:30 into the clip (11:40 in the game)
Good find! Nice pass in the build up as well.
Great goal that, right footed pin point cross field pass, then a left footed finish when he got the ball back. That's the stuff !

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:20 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:22 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm What do you mean ‘whoever he is?’ Everyone you have interacted with here is using a pseudonym so why ‘whoever he is’ for me?

It seems mad there are still people in 2022 who don’t realise that stuff put on the internet is there for all the world to see. Your post is also going around on WhatsApp too, by the way. I find it hard to believe you thought your post would only be seen by members of this forum and no one else given what you wrote.

Anyway Mr Yates I didn’t ‘publish’ anything, I shared a link to your publicly visible post on this public forum without comment. The people who follow me are all Dundalk fans and everyone has been very sympathetic to Cameron’s experience as am I.
You have to have some respect for the forum and what people have posted here. It is a members forum after all. It's not the first time you have done this. You may well say that if it is on the intetnet it is fair game, but you have to have some moral standing too.
We have come back full circle Niall to this question about open access. I feel strongly about the fact that any unregistered Tom Dick or Harry can view what is posted on OW. It's fairly obvious that podcasts and journos are using this as a free source of information. The person in question has now used this loophole to justify his actions. Perhaps this is something the new mods might review. Nevertheless, I agree that posts here should NOT find their way onto other media platforms without the original posters permission. Posting something on Twitter or Facebook means it automatically spreads like Omicron.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:06 am

oldfogey wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:20 am

You have to have some respect for the forum and what people have posted here. It is a members forum after all. It's not the first time you have done this. You may well say that if it is on the intetnet it is fair game, but you have to have some moral standing too.
We have come back full circle Niall to this question about open access. I feel strongly about the fact that any unregistered Tom Dick or Harry can view what is posted on OW. It's fairly obvious that podcasts and journos are using this as a free source of information. The person in question has now used this loophole to justify his actions. Perhaps this is something the new mods might review. Nevertheless, I agree that posts here should NOT find their way onto other media platforms without the original posters permission. Posting something on Twitter or Facebook means it automatically spreads like Omicron.
There is a false feeling of anonymity when posting on the forum when in fact anybody can share a post on social media for all to see. Opposition fans have done this, our own fans have done this and it's hard to blame anyone as we are currently leaving this door open. I'm pretty sure we are the only fans forum in the league that you don't need to be registered to view posts.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am

Louth4sam wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:06 am

There is a false feeling of anonymity when posting on the forum when in fact anybody can share a post on social media for all to see. Opposition fans have done this, our own fans have done this and it's hard to blame anyone as we are currently leaving this door open. I'm pretty sure we are the only fans forum in the league that you don't need to be registered to view posts.
L4S the bigger issue is that it is registered members who are sharing other peoples posts on their social media platforms.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:46 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am

L4S the bigger issue is that it is registered members who are sharing other peoples posts on their social media platforms.
It would be far more of an issue if the forum was private. We are leaving the keys in the front door of the house and complaining when someone walks in and helps themselves to our telly.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:17 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:46 am
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am

It would be far more of an issue if the forum was private. We are leaving the keys in the front door of the house and complaining when someone walks in and helps themselves to our telly.
I'm disappointed that the person who reposted has tried to hide behind the "Free to All" nature of OW rather than deal with the moral issue of what he did. The vast majority of what is posted here is news, comment, & argument, and under pseudonyms. Fine. The lads father posted under his own name and fairly opened up his heart about what happened and the consequences. The excuse "I only posted a link" holds no water, especially as the man was identified in the tweet. The saddest thing of all is that he probably still feels justified in what he did, and will have no qualms about doing it to someone else. But sure it's all about Likes & Re-Tweets.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:46 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm
It seems mad there are still people in 2022 who don’t realise that stuff put on the internet is there for all the world to see.
Anyone can search themselves to find things online, it won't take long and that's fine, but what's different is the posting of a direct link to a members site, and not only does this invite all into the post you uploaded but gives direct access for anyone else, without even taking the trouble to look for this forum.

A lot on here prefer the medium of a forum as opposed to a 'updating every 5 seconds' platform that twitter is.

Also, if the original poster wanted it to be on twitter, he would have chosen that source himself.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:15 pm

The general argument of …. “You posted it on the forum ….. so I can share it or link it on my Twitter, WhatsApp or whatever”, is something us older generation do not really know nor accept. The simple fact of the matter is, every time someone takes something from this forum and reposts it, that person is generally showing a lack of respect for the author of the original post.
Regardless of if that person is hiding behind a username, regardless of if I agree with or disagree with what the person wrote, it is all about respect, debate it, argue about it but the key is respect at the end of the day, respect a fellow fans opinion or statement and keep it where it was published. Your mates will know where to come if they want to read it!
In my eyes, reposting things from this forum, to get reactions from your mates or followers, is basically similar to says I am the big fella, when at the same time sticking two fingers up at the author and fellow DFC fans. At the end of the day, 95% of us here in the forum are DFC fans.
Going forward, it may be an idea for the new operators to either close the forum to the public, only registered users see content/posts or maybe even better, ask for a small token fee to get access and help with the server costs.

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by superman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:09 pm

If a Dundalk newsworthy story is broken on this website (such as a former players dad saying that JM was sabotaging the club/ double-dealing with contracts).. I don't see any problem with someone sharing so other Dundalk fans can see what is going on. Not all Dundalk fans are on here, but all have the right to know whats being put out in public.
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:42 pm

superman wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:09 pm If a Dundalk newsworthy story is broken on this website (such as a former players dad saying that JM was sabotaging the club/ double-dealing with contracts).. I don't see any problem with someone sharing so other Dundalk fans can see what is going on. Not all Dundalk fans are on here, but all have the right to know whats being put out in public.
But who knows what is 100% accurate? Who really knows if that post or any post is genuine or factual or made up? But once it is shared on twitter or any social media platform it is then taken as the gospel truth from a legitimate source. Now don't get mw wrong I am not saying the poster is not who he claims to be. But Who honestly knows? Also i think it is a common courtesy amd basic manners to ask permission before you screenshot someone's post.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.