The Future of OrielWeb - Update

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Colin Gallagher
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Future of OrielWeb - Update

Post by Colin Gallagher » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:45 am

Hope you all are having a happy and safe festive season and I wish you all a happy new year.

I'm pleased to announce that eamoss and GSBellew have agreed to take over OrielWeb from here on out. I knew eamoss, personally, from when he was but a young whippersnapper and knew I could trust him going forward. He has already proven his worth by fixing a dodgy update I initiated last night so, rest assured, board down times will be less with him in the driving seat! GSBellew, who I look forward to meeting IRL in the future, contacted me with concrete and direct plans to move forward so the two of them joining forces made a lot of sense to me.

I'm happy to pass OrielWeb on to them both and I'm sure they will keep up the traditions of OrielWeb and, most likely, make it better!

I'll stick around as admin for a few days (maybe a week) just in case there are things that need passed on that I'm forgetting about.

I'm sure you'll welcome and give our new overseers encouraging words and you won't start slandering ex or current players until, at least, a couple of games in to the new season!

Cheers everyone, thanks for all the well wishes, it seems OrielWeb holds a special place in many people's hearts.
I'll see you all around OrielWeb and hopefully Oriel Park in summer 2022. I owe eamoss and GSBellew a pint.
Colin.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: The Future of OrielWeb - Update

Post by GC. » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:33 am

Many thanks for all the years of OW Colin, and enjoy being a fan with few responsibilities to other fans as you well and truly deserve it.

Best of luck to eamoss and GSBellew. It will be interesting to see how things move on.

ruckyhill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ruckyhill » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:02 am

Sounds like the forum is going from one set of safe hands to two - great news. Thanks again Colin - it has been great (and entertaining at times) to keep up to speed from afar. And best of luck to eamoss and GSBellew in the driving seat.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:26 am

Aye well done and good luck to the new lads. Thanks once again Colin for everything you have done. It looks like you have made two top signings for the New Year! Happy New Year to all! I am very excited by the new regime at Oriel so plenty to discuss going forwards.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:40 am

Welcome and thanks to the new team!
And thank you again, Colin. I never met you - and that is my great loss!
C'mon the Town!
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:42 am

Great news. Although I'm not on here as often as I used to be, it would've been a shame to see OW go. Best of luck to the 2 lads going forward and Happy New Year to all, hopefully it's a better year for us all both on and off the pitch!!

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:15 am

Great news. A big thank you to Colin for the past and best of luck to the two lads for the future.

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bogger » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks Colm . Orielweb was a massive part of my life following Dundalk, best of luck to the new lads and if they need sponsorship , I’m will to help out! Cheers

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bogger » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:55 pm

Bogger wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:55 pm Thanks Colin . Orielweb was a massive part of my life following Dundalk, best of luck to the new lads and if they need sponsorship , I’m will to help out! Cheers

Gearóid Bellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gearóid Bellew » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 am

I'd like to thank Coilin for the faith he has put in us to keep Oriel Web running, I also look forward to meeting him in real life in the future.

I've changed my username to my real name, the S was from my middle name, its a hangover from primary school when there were two GBellews

I absolutely love this forum & am fully committed to driving it forward in whatever way I can.

As we enter a new season, with a lot of change, we all look forward with hope for 2022 and beyond!

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:00 am

Gearóid Bellew wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 am I'd like to thank Coilin for the faith he has put in us to keep Oriel Web running, I also look forward to meeting him in real life in the future.

I've changed my username to my real name, the S was from my middle name, its a hangover from primary school when there were two GBellews

I absolutely love this forum & am fully committed to driving it forward in whatever way I can.

As we enter a new season, with a lot of change, we all look forward with hope for 2022 and beyond!
Thank you for taking this on, Gearoid. As an exile (well, North Wexford) I really enjoy OrielWeb.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6