Ground improvements

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ground improvements

Post by Towelie »

The following is from twitter:

Speaking tonight @coachainscough has said a new pitch and floodlighting is the main priority in off the field projects as well as opening the YDC to the public.
He also is looking at more seating arrangements for the ground of Oriel.
He has also said he is here for the long term

He has also spoken about the possibility of placing a platform for supporters with disabilities so they have a better facility to watch the game.

On the viewpoint of the replacement of a pitch - it looks as if we will be another field turf pitch but his long term preference is grass.

He is also had meetings about the improvement of the bar and concession structure of the club including a third party to run it.

“I am hoping to be over as much as I can and you will see me around the town”

“I know the expectations of the town - I hope everyone is positive”

“Ultimately Dundalk FC is a massive club”

“The facilities I’m not happy about them”
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

Philistine wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:20 pm Didn't make it up tonight but told the bar again wasn't open. Is this right?
To be fair, this was flagged last week.

It can be disruptive to a meeting, especially if someone has had a skinful and gets a bit argumentative.
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Towelie »

https://twitter.com/jamesrogersie/statu ... jb-Ag&s=19

With a bit of luck we may see defective seating replaced before the start of the season
Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Mick Mac »

Towelie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:40 am https://twitter.com/jamesrogersie/statu ... jb-Ag&s=19

With a bit of luck we may see defective seating replaced before the start of the season
They should just take all the seats out of the Shed. Can put new ones in next season if needed for Europe
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine »

oldfogey wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:53 pm
Philistine wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:20 pm Didn't make it up tonight but told the bar again wasn't open. Is this right?
To be fair, this was flagged last week.

It can be disruptive to a meeting, especially if someone has had a skinful and gets a bit argumentative.
That's fair I suppose, didn't know they mentioned it in advance
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

I've no idea what the costs would be, nothing cheap in this country, but remember what we had in place behind carrick road goal for 2 games in 2014, it looked great.

That could only go in that end as needs solid surface to stand on, not sure how seats would go in at the town end goal as would impede the infamous P6 footpath, but it was great to hear BA at least talk so frank and honest about the state of the old place.
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief »

Just listened to the interview on the clubs site. Interesting to note that we have to extend the dimensions of the pitch when it is being relayed.
It also sounds like the club are exploring options with some other clubs around town or the council about basing our academy teams elsewhere outside Oriel.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

BigChief wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:31 pm Just listened to the interview on the clubs site. Interesting to note that we have to extend the dimensions of the pitch when it is being relayed.
It also sounds like the club are exploring options with some other clubs around town or the council about basing our academy teams elsewhere outside Oriel.
Ye I’m not sure what to make of it tbh like it’s within regulation size if it’s allowed been used all these years and isn’t like they’re changing. The proposal for an academy around town is a real positive hope that happens might make a grass pitch more realistic whenever the next Astro that’s put down reaches its end
Gearóid Bellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gearóid Bellew »

BigChief wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:31 pm Just listened to the interview on the clubs site. Interesting to note that we have to extend the dimensions of the pitch when it is being relayed.
There is a requirement under law 1.12 that states commercial advertising must be at least 1M from the goal net, I do not believe that this is achieved behind the Carrick End goal?
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

Gearóid Bellew wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:35 pm
There is a requirement under law 1.12 that states commercial advertising must be at least 1M from the goal net, I do not believe that this is achieved behind the Carrick End goal?
I would imagine it's safety reasons. Any player getting bundled into the goal runs the risk of hitting the hoarding as the net stretches with their momentum. At ground level the gap is less than 2 feet.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Great to see a man with a head on his shoulders at the helm - “ Captain Fantastic “. 👏👏👏👏. 👍
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

oldfogey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:37 am I would imagine it's safety reasons. Any player getting bundled into the goal runs the risk of hitting the hoarding as the net stretches with their momentum. At ground level the gap is less than 2 feet.
Wonder if this is the case, as the sides of united park and Richmond park always seemed extremely close to the pitch for me
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/lo ... 17892.html

This sounds good news, wonder where they will look to install it.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

mike wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:48 pm https://www.independent.ie/regionals/lo ... 17892.html

Gonna be a difficult one you'd imagine, need somewhere with unrestricted view but also covered. Maybe behind the dug-out but say its more likely to be on the shed side.
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 am
mike wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:48 pm https://www.independent.ie/regionals/lo ... 17892.html

Gonna be a difficult one you'd imagine, need somewhere with unrestricted view but also covered. Maybe behind the dug-out but say its more likely to be on the shed side.
There was a temporary structure behind the town end goal for European games. Could be an option again.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020