2023 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Lilywhite29
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2023 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Lilywhite29 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:45 pm

cooney wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:02 pm Supposedly Adeboyega trained with the Dundalk first team that morning then went down to drogheda that evening and signed with them
O'Donnell actually confirmed this . Was obviously training on a non-contract basis?

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Was a contract offer put to him but he obviously didnt take it and opted for Drogs instead

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:05 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:31 pm
Lilywhite29 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:19 pm Sam Caiger , ex West Ham, confirmed as the trialist by NN in this mornings Democrat .. Theres even quotes from SOD on him who says he's had some injuries in the past .
They also report the club had no clue that Adeboyega was heading to Drogheda . SOD quoted on this, Shocking if true ....
If SOD didnt know that one of his young prospects was signing up the road then there is a bigger problem than we all realise. Surely the manager should know who is in contract and who is not and should be speaking to those young lads to ensure that they want to stay and continue with Dundalk.

As for signing a play with an injury record ... lets hope they have backup for him even if he is backup himself. Certainly looks like the club are finding it very hard to attract players for some reason.
People leave jobs all the time and their employer has no idea it’s coming. I’ve seen people I know tell their manager they all is good as they were interviewing elsewhere.

Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Philistine » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:12 pm

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:51 am
Philistine wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:54 pm
Oriel O'Shea wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:35 pm

Little bit unfair. I don't like the narrative of JR vs the club. Think that article clears his beliefs up and explains the situation of 'putting the club for sale' vs 'seeking investment' well. The end story is the possibility of DFC having another owner of some sort or % looks likely all of a sudden, when it didn't seem to be on the radar before JR's original article last week. JR has got a lot more right then wrong in recent years...

That being said the club is in safe hands that fans trust, extremely safe, compared to Bill. And I don't think any article is designed to or will change that opinion.
JR and only JR has created this narrative. Nobody else. If he believed the club "might" be for sale then it would've been best to keep that to himself instead of reporting it in the local media which many (especially on here) take as gospel. A football club looking for additional investment is the norm even at the highest level of the game so there was nothing to see here as far as I'm concerned. An article like this 4/5 weeks before the season does nothing to help anyone especially when it's called out as fictious by the owners.
He wasn't wrong though and its stupid to try present it that he was. I don't know JR but he seems to always be close to right if not on the money and O'Connor confirmed he's seeking outside investment. There's this (childish) mentality within the club that has been there for decades that every journo is out to get us and this filters down to the fans. I think JR is dead right to come out swinging against that with people sayin he's out to get the club. Nonsense. He's doing his job in holding the club to account and has a track record of doing just that. If people wanna take that personally that's their own business but I think some in the club could act their age not their shoe size when dealing with media generally. Control the narrative rather than lettin it control you. Hope investment comes in sooner rather than later instead of this toxic sh1t3 playin out for months on end
Except he was wrong. If he wasn't wrong then there'd be no need to come out a week later to explain himself? The chairman called him out on 2/3 things in the interview with the Independent. And nobody here is suggesting that JR is out to get the club unless I've missed something? Don't understand how the owners are failing to control the narrative as well when they've come out and completely dismissed the speculation within a week of it being published? If only their predecessors showed a similar transparency..

Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:46 pm

Lilywhite29 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:39 pm
Lilywhite29 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:19 pm Sam Caiger , ex West Ham, confirmed as the trialist by NN in this mornings Democrat .. Theres even quotes from SOD on him who says he's had some injuries in the past .
They also report the club had no clue that Adeboyega was heading to Drogheda . SOD quoted on this, Shocking if true ....
If SOD didnt know that one of his young prospects was signing up the road then there is a bigger problem than we all realise. Surely the manager should know who is in contract and who is not and should be speaking to those young lads to ensure that they want to stay and continue with Dundalk.

As for signing a play with an injury record ... lets hope they have backup for him even if he is backup himself. Certainly looks like the club are finding it very hard to attract players for some reason.
Agree , Was shocked reading this this morning, SOD came accross as blaming Adeboyega and Drogheda . He should have been on the ball because the report also mentions there was English interest too .
Thought Caiger looked a bit heavy on Friday but did ok in the circumstances, Hasn't played in nearly 2 years according to SOD though .
West Ham ,Palace and Norwich wanted to sign Adeboyega for the u23 team.
Last edited by Richie87 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm

GC. wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:05 pm

People leave jobs all the time and their employer has no idea it’s coming. I’ve seen people I know tell their manager they all is good as they were interviewing elsewhere.
But he didnt leave a job, the club obviously let his contract run out and either didnt want to renew it or dragged their heels (similar to the feeling fans are getting with transfer market activity). If he could drive up the road and sign for another club that clearly means he was out of contract otherwise permission would have to be issued for him to speak to them. A young lad who was knowingly being watched by UK based clubs .... you do not allow that to happen. The club obviously dont need the money or dont believe he is going to make it.

The Ridge
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by The Ridge » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:48 pm

OR maybe just maybe his agent advised him to turn down the deal we had offerd him to sign amateur for Drogs to make it easier for him to move...but look your agenda and absolute rimmin love for Peak6 can't see that things happen

Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Towelie » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:57 pm

His agent has a link with Drogheda (despite I believe being from Dundalk himself). Is also James Brown's agent as well.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:05 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm
GC. wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:05 pm

But he didnt leave a job, the club obviously let his contract run out and either didnt want to renew it or dragged their heels (similar to the feeling fans are getting with transfer market activity). If he could drive up the road and sign for another club that clearly means he was out of contract otherwise permission would have to be issued for him to speak to them. A young lad who was knowingly being watched by UK based clubs .... you do not allow that to happen. The club obviously dont need the money or dont believe he is going to make it.
You can’t force someone to sign a contract. He probably wanted a guarantee of football and it doesn’t look like it would be forthcoming from Dundalk.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:12 pm

If you know he doesnt want to sign a contract you do not have him in training. Waste of club resources, gives potential information to clubs he may sign for and a potential insurance issue had he got injured surely.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:36 pm

This one about the player signing for the drogs is absolutely not the fault of the club or SOD in my opinion. Manners cost you nothing.

Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Towelie » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:00 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:36 pm This one about the player signing for the drogs is absolutely not the fault of the club or SOD in my opinion. Manners cost you nothing.
Agreed, not to be too critical of a young player looking for game time but it's a poor reflection on his character. The club could have easily facilitated a loan for him.

inflikted
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by inflikted » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:05 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:02 am Lot of new posters posting on this makes you wonder doesn't it 🤔
I'll admit I joined because of Annesley to keep an eye on how he's doing

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:19 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:12 pm If you know he doesnt want to sign a contract you do not have him in training. Waste of club resources, gives potential information to clubs he may sign for and a potential insurance issue had he got injured surely.
Going by your posts you have no idea what happened in this scenario but you have post after post making assumptions, all negative against the club and management.

Seems to be your MO. With fans like these....

Lilywhite29
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lilywhite29 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:01 pm

More info on Adeboyega saga . . Chap looking out for himself , nothing wrong with that but manners cost nothing for sure . .
https://www.ireland-live.ie/news/louth- ... pects.html