Flares and Fines

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Pepsi »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:03 pm Up to 4K now
Why should we bother worrying about fines when the owners/club couldn't give a shit? They know who are responsible, they know the ring leaders .... only way they will take notice is if money stops coming in. If it hits the owners in their own pockets, it will very quickly be a very different matter.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Fan banned for something posted on Twitter by the look of it https://twitter.com/shedsidearmyul1/sta ... 28546?s=46
dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 »

Well that's our season in the can until the super duper fans return
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Ahh lads, the owners must be rubbing their hands. Will save a few grand from the fines. They might just ban a few more to save money.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:13 pm Fan banned for something posted on Twitter by the look of it https://twitter.com/shedsidearmyul1/sta ... 28546?s=46
So they want people to support them and oppose the club? Well if they want that then they should be transparent and state what the offending tweet was.
If they are standing by him then post what was tweeted and let the people they want the support from decide. The fact they won't tell people what the tweet was about shows that the tweeter has potentially said something inflammatory?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

Great stuff, so there’ll be no flares for the rovers game tomorrow?! Should save the club a few bob. I might rejoin to Patron scheme if it continues.
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. »

According to the replies someone called a steward Jimmy Saville.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Best atmosphere of the season last night in the win against rovers. Long time since I heard the stand singing along with the shed. Proves that the flares aren’t needed but we all know that anyway. They’re not used to support the team but instead by a few individuals to show off in front of their juvenile mates
Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek »

I see the club put out a statement today regarding pyro,Do you club realise that when the shed fools are lighting fireworks the stewards are standing watching and laughing .
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Lets hope the lads who organise these great events with pyro start a collection amongst their mates to pay the fines etc., however we all know that will never happen. As long as pyro is forbidden in grounds and the FAI are using it as an income stream these lads should be banned from grounds immediately and taken to court to retrieve any fines received due to their breaking of the law at games.

As for stewards etc. in Oriel ... someone needs to have a serious word with them. I have seen some of them encourage more to be set off. Zero tolerance has to be taken on both sides ....
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Looks like BA is rightly pissed off with the fines and the flares on the pitch which stopped the momentum against drogs was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Hopefully the flare boys will be identified and banned. However, the last 2 sets of owners also released statements but we’re back to square one.
If a few individuals do get ID’d their mates will start a campaign to undermine BA.
I’d like to hear from the Shedside Army on this. Do they agree with the flares and the subsequent fines? Is it their members who have the flares?
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Ha!
Just did a quick search on X and as I said above, a couple of the usual young lads are giving out about the statement and undermining the owner. “ yea strobes on the pitch are the reason we lost” and “ fans have done nothing but back club and team”, except for all the fines ffs!!
dundog21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dundog21 »

Brian leading my example by getting in a shouting match with a drogs fan
Oriel O'Shea
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Oriel O'Shea »

Alanek wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:07 pm I see the club put out a statement today regarding pyro,Do you club realise that when the shed fools are lighting fireworks the stewards are standing watching and laughing .
Yes agree with this. I pointed it out in a game thread. But the club last WEEK changed their cover photo on Facebook to a picture of a banner with clearly a flare lite behind it. And a week later we put up a statement condemning it? IN 2021 i remember a rocket firework was lit inside the grounds of oriel and being very uneasy about it with my elderly fateher alongside me at the game and I went home to see the club put a picture of it on Facebook again.

Release all the statements you want but if a social media officer is glorifying it and vindicating the young lads doing it on an official CLUB page. can you blame them really?
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey »

dundog21 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 am Brian leading my example by getting in a shouting match with a drogs fan
Do you have any context? Were you present? I heard the same thing, but heard that the offender was giving it large to a lady. My daughter is well capable of defending herself, but I'm old achool and if someone gets in her face within earshot, I'm first in the queue.

I'm more interested in hearing about the Drogheda Steward who allegedly assaulted a Dundalk player after the final whistle.