Flares and Fines

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

Post Reply
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Flares and Fines

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:25 pm

I thought about starting this thread a couple of weeks ago but there were no flares at the Sligo game.
Maybe some think it’s churlish to start a thread like this after the fantastic achievement of finishing 3rd. However, we’ve got to ask ourselves what’s the no. 1 benefit of getting Europe? I reckon most would say it’s the money that we can reinvest to help us challenge for the league in years to come. Therefore pissing away this hard earned cash to me is scandalous. So that’s why I’m starting the tread.
I agree 100% with James Rogers on the recent Pressbox podcast where he talked about people thinking twice about handing cash over to the club when it’s literally going up in smoke because these idiots are lighting flares. I’m a ST holder but I don’t see why I should hand over anymore of my money when it’s clearly going on fines for the club.
So I’m going to post on here every time I see a flare at OP just to do a rough calculation about how much the club have to fork over because these flare pricks want to show off.
It was announced a couple of matches ago how much the club was fined over one game. Something like €1150 I think? Maybe another poster could confirm?
If true that’s :
V Sligo €0
V Bohs : €1150
Last edited by Martin Lawlor80 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7656
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:28 pm

Is the fine per flare or is it is a flat rate per game?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:30 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:28 pm Is the fine per flare or is it is a flat rate per game?
I’d say it’s a flat rate Niall but I can’t be certain. That’s why hopefully another poster can confirm the €1300 figure Mickey Duffy announced before the Pats game I think it was

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Ok so just went back and checked the relevant Pressbox podcast. Craig Colgan mentioned that the fine was €1150 for the flares at the drogs game. JR went on to say that’s the equivalent of about 77 paying fans!
I’ll edit the figure in the first post.

I wish the club would photograph this dickheads and ban them next season.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Pepsi » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:22 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:38 pm Ok so just went back and checked the relevant Pressbox podcast. Craig Colgan mentioned that the fine was €1150 for the flares at the drogs game. JR went on to say that’s the equivalent of about 77 paying fans!
I’ll edit the figure in the first post.

I wish the club would photograph this dickheads and ban them next season.
But it adds to the atmosphere!! Sure didnt 2 of the lads go on the PressBox and speak to Craig about it amongst other things. Claimed a player or players told them they love them ..., games are not the same without them .....
I personally, stopped my Patreon membership because of it, why should my extra money go to covering the cost of the fines and the club indirectly accepting the law being broken every time a flare goes off.
Would be interesting to see what their reaction would be if the club increased terrace prices by €5 - 10 per game to cover the costs. I know a lot of innocent fans would be affected and it is not fair, however it is also not fair that the club pay fines from their limited income, maybe costing us the difference needed to get a Connolly as we cannot increase wages by €5-10k due to fines having to be budgeted for.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Alanek » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:25 pm I thought about starting this thread a couple of weeks ago but there were no flares at the Sligo game.
Maybe some think it’s churlish to start a thread like this after the fantastic achievement of finishing 3rd. However, we’ve got to ask ourselves what’s the no. 1 benefit of getting Europe? I reckon most would say it’s the money that we can reinvest to help us challenge for the league in years to come. Therefore pissing away this hard earned cash to me is scandalous. So that’s why I’m starting the tread.
I agree 100% with James Rogers on the recent Pressbox podcast where he talked about people thinking twice about handing cash over to the club when it’s literally going up in smoke because these idiots are lighting flares. I’m a ST holder but I don’t see why I should hand over anymore of my money when it’s clearly going on fines for the club.
So I’m going to post on here every time I see a flare at OP just to do a rough calculation about how much the club have to fork over because these flare pricks want to show off.
It was announced a couple of matches ago how much the club was fined over one game. Something like €1150 I think? Maybe another poster could confirm?
If true that’s :
V Sligo €0
V Bohs : €1150
Good post ,I would be thinking the same about giving more money .
I saw a young girl been escorted out by 2 Stewards last nite ,I’d say she was no more than 16, each steward had an arm apiece ,,she probably deserved to go ,no idea what she did .The stewards seemed like good brave men ,the point I’m making is the same stewards we’re standing tere wen the flares went off,and nothing happened,they just stood tere watching ,even smiling .So in my view it’s excepted that flares are aloud .
Just my opinion.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4503
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:52 pm

The fines are obviously cheaper than it would cost to hire professional stewards or we would go down that route. We've had multiple owners and the same issues going on for donkeys years
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Alanek » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:16 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:52 pm The fines are obviously cheaper than it would cost to hire professional stewards or we would go down that route. We've had multiple owners and the same issues going on for donkeys years
That’s my point ,it’s excepted that the stewards can stand and watch ,have a crack with the the lads that are lighting them .

Richie87
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Richie87 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:28 pm

They don't allow them in England, but obviously they have more finance for stewards.

There was incidents with Sligo Rovers fans last night,Cork City fans earlier in the season. bray/cabinteely fans attacking stewards a few months ago.
A lot of aggression in these LOI fans.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:31 pm

Not to go over old ground but it’s been said on here numerous times that nobody expects the stewards to go into the crowd and apprehend these guys. That’s a recipe for disaster. However, why can’t the club photograph the culprits and issue bans to them. Lift the bans after a certain amount of time if they undertake to behave.

On what Pepsi wrote maybe the club could get the players to ask these guys to stop for the good of the club?

I’m itching to give the club more money but I’m asking myself what’s the point

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7656
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:41 pm

Is it not in the club rules that you must adhere to stadium rules? If so then video these "fans" and when you have evidence of them being the culprits, issue fines to them? Surely that would curtail them?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2867
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by oldfogey » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:00 pm

Alanek wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:25 pm I thought about starting this thread a couple of weeks ago but there were no flares at the Sligo game.
Maybe some think it’s churlish to start a thread like this after the fantastic achievement of finishing 3rd. However, we’ve got to ask ourselves what’s the no. 1 benefit of getting Europe? I reckon most would say it’s the money that we can reinvest to help us challenge for the league in years to come. Therefore pissing away this hard earned cash to me is scandalous. So that’s why I’m starting the tread.
I agree 100% with James Rogers on the recent Pressbox podcast where he talked about people thinking twice about handing cash over to the club when it’s literally going up in smoke because these idiots are lighting flares. I’m a ST holder but I don’t see why I should hand over anymore of my money when it’s clearly going on fines for the club.
So I’m going to post on here every time I see a flare at OP just to do a rough calculation about how much the club have to fork over because these flare pricks want to show off.
It was announced a couple of matches ago how much the club was fined over one game. Something like €1150 I think? Maybe another poster could confirm?
If true that’s :
V Sligo €0
V Bohs : €1150
Good post ,I would be thinking the same about giving more money .
I saw a young girl been escorted out by 2 Stewards last nite ,I’d say she was no more than 16, each steward had an arm apiece ,,she probably deserved to go ,no idea what she did .The stewards seemed like good brave men ,the point I’m making is the same stewards we’re standing tere wen the flares went off,and nothing happened,they just stood tere watching ,even smiling .So in my view it’s excepted that flares are aloud .
Just my opinion.
A girl around that age was treated for a foot injury by the Order of Malta at their station behind the away dugout. If you had no idea what went on, perhaps you shouldn't make an assumption that she was being escorted out.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Alanek » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:48 am

oldfogey wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:00 pm
Alanek wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:25 pm I thought about starting this thread a couple of weeks ago but there were no flares at the Sligo game.
Maybe some think it’s churlish to start a thread like this after the fantastic achievement of finishing 3rd. However, we’ve got to ask ourselves what’s the no. 1 benefit of getting Europe? I reckon most would say it’s the money that we can reinvest to help us challenge for the league in years to come. Therefore pissing away this hard earned cash to me is scandalous. So that’s why I’m starting the tread.
I agree 100% with James Rogers on the recent Pressbox podcast where he talked about people thinking twice about handing cash over to the club when it’s literally going up in smoke because these idiots are lighting flares. I’m a ST holder but I don’t see why I should hand over anymore of my money when it’s clearly going on fines for the club.
So I’m going to post on here every time I see a flare at OP just to do a rough calculation about how much the club have to fork over because these flare pricks want to show off.
It was announced a couple of matches ago how much the club was fined over one game. Something like €1150 I think? Maybe another poster could confirm?
If true that’s :
V Sligo €0
V Bohs : €1150
Good post ,I would be thinking the same about giving more money .
I saw a young girl been escorted out by 2 Stewards last nite ,I’d say she was no more than 16, each steward had an arm apiece ,,she probably deserved to go ,no idea what she did .The stewards seemed like good brave men ,the point I’m making is the same stewards we’re standing tere wen the flares went off,and nothing happened,they just stood tere watching ,even smiling .So in my view it’s excepted that flares are aloud .
Just my opinion.
A girl around that age was treated for a foot injury by the Order of Malta at their station behind the away dugout. If you had no idea what went on, perhaps you shouldn't make an assumption that she was being escorted out.
Ah here ,two hands being held behind her back by the stewards,then handed over too the guards who escorted her out ,catch yourself on ,if that’s the way too be treated for a foot injury in oriel,serious questions need too be asked .

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2867
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by oldfogey » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:21 am

Alanek wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:48 am
oldfogey wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:00 pm
Alanek wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 pm
Good post ,I would be thinking the same about giving more money .
I saw a young girl been escorted out by 2 Stewards last nite ,I’d say she was no more than 16, each steward had an arm apiece ,,she probably deserved to go ,no idea what she did .The stewards seemed like good brave men ,the point I’m making is the same stewards we’re standing tere wen the flares went off,and nothing happened,they just stood tere watching ,even smiling .So in my view it’s excepted that flares are aloud .
Just my opinion.
A girl around that age was treated for a foot injury by the Order of Malta at their station behind the away dugout. If you had no idea what went on, perhaps you shouldn't make an assumption that she was being escorted out.
Ah here ,two hands being held behind her back by the stewards,then handed over too the guards who escorted her out ,catch yourself on ,if that’s the way too be treated for a foot injury in oriel,serious questions need too be asked .
I accept that they were obviously 2 different incidents. You must admit, your second description - "hands held behind her back" - differs somewhat from the first. Indeed I would venture that she possibly wasn't a minor. That kind of restraint on a child is well beyond the guidelines.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Flares and Fines

Post by Alanek » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 am

oldfogey wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:21 am
Alanek wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:48 am
oldfogey wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:00 pm

A girl around that age was treated for a foot injury by the Order of Malta at their station behind the away dugout. If you had no idea what went on, perhaps you shouldn't make an assumption that she was being escorted out.
Ah here ,two hands being held behind her back by the stewards,then handed over too the guards who escorted her out ,catch yourself on ,if that’s the way too be treated for a foot injury in oriel,serious questions need too be asked .
I accept that they were obviously 2 different incidents. You must admit, your second description - "hands held behind her back" - differs somewhat from the first. Indeed I would venture that she possibly wasn't a minor. That kind of restraint on a child is well beyond the guidelines.
Let’s just say ,she wasn’t escorted out for good behaviour,

Post Reply