Club Gear 2023

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: eamoss, Gearóid Bellew, Duffman

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Club Gear 2023

Post by mike » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:54 pm

Have to say at first glance I like it, wanted clean and plain white and looks very fresh. I also like the zig zag red / black under the arms.

Nice effort, but would like to see it in the flesh.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:44 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:30 pm
White Horse wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:27 pm The club are saying two versions of the shirt will be available. Does this mean that a version without the gambling logo will be available? If so, brilliant for those of us who won't buy anything that promotes gambling.
Nope - it means the club will try rip you off by offering you the shirt the same as the players on the pitch are wearing for a premium price (probably 20 or 30 quid more than the replica version)

Both shirts will have all the sponsors on them.
Rip people off? Nobody is being forced to buy anything. This is what all clubs do now and I'm glad we are following suit. If people want it they will buy it, if they don't they won't. And some will moan on the Internet either way

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:04 am

magarnagle wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:44 pm
White Horse wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:27 pm The club are saying two versions of the shirt will be available. Does this mean that a version without the gambling logo will be available? If so, brilliant for those of us who won't buy anything that promotes gambling.
Nope - it means the club will try rip you off by offering you the shirt the same as the players on the pitch are wearing for a premium price (probably 20 or 30 quid more than the replica version)

Rip people off? Nobody is being forced to buy anything. This is what all clubs do now and I'm glad we are following suit. If people want it they will buy it, if they don't they won't. And some will moan on the Internet either way
He's actually making your point without realising it. As he points out, the replica will be less expensive. A lot of people would argue that they don't need something designed to withstand 20+ games in a season.

A replica - less expensive - version of a few of my girlfriends wouldn't go amiss.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:43 pm

oldfogey wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:04 am

He's actually making your point without realising it. As he points out, the replica will be less expensive. A lot of people would argue that they don't need something designed to withstand 20+ games in a season.

A replica - less expensive - version of a few of my girlfriends wouldn't go amiss.
The replica shirts are actually made of stronger materials and will last longer. Also not all clubs are doing it, in fact show me one club in Ireland that is doing it?
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:47 pm

Gear looks great and fair play to the company for turning it around good and quick

I can't see how offering a player issue jersey for the first time can be a rip off. You can still buy the replica as usual, presumably at a similar price point. If a minority want to pay extra for the player issue version what does it matter to the replica buyer?

Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Carrick_Road » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Like the away jersey also, bit different then the last few we have had.

Saw a few mention they dont like it as its similar to Bohs but its a nice piece of kit for me. Just wonder why they have white shorts, would of thought make more sense to wear black ones.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:52 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:43 pm

The replica shirts are actually made of stronger materials and will last longer. Also not all clubs are doing it, in fact show me one club in Ireland that is doing it?
Didn't realise we were restricted to what other Irish clubs were doing....

You'll find plenty of clubs that do it, do your own research.

It's a way to generate extra revenue, something we always need. If people want it and can afford it they will pay it. If they don't, they won't. Simple economics really.

If they were increasing match ticket prices because they painted some walls or tarmacked something I could understand criticism. But this is moaning and criticising for the sake of it

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:55 pm

Anyway, new away shirt revealed:

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/16 ... 9zcT44He4Q

No word on how many versions there will be yet...

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:57 pm

seand wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:47 pm Gear looks great and fair play to the company for turning it around good and quick

I can't see how offering a player issue jersey for the first time can be a rip off. You can still buy the replica as usual, presumably at a similar price point. If a minority want to pay extra for the player issue version what does it matter to the replica buyer?
It matters if the shirts are significantly different in appearance. People want to wear a shirt that looks like the shirt the players wear. For example some of the big clubs in England do it and the replica shirt is significantly different to the player version and missing lots of details - and yes these clubs are also ripping off loyal fans, albeit on a far greater scale.

Yeah but don't say anything critical about football clubs as I'm sure they don't exploit fans.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:02 pm

magarnagle wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:52 pm
McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:43 pm

Didn't realise we were restricted to what other Irish clubs were doing....

You'll find plenty of clubs that do it, do your own research.

It's a way to generate extra revenue, something we always need. If people want it and can afford it they will pay it. If they don't, they won't. Simple economics really.

If they were increasing match ticket prices because they painted some walls or tarmacked something I could understand criticism. But this is moaning and criticising for the sake of it
I'm well aware of what clubs do it, far from restricted to do what other Irish clubs are doing but also encouraging to see that most Irish clubs aren't going down that road of exploitation. And extra revenue?! Ah please, chump change in grand scheme for the few extra shirts that'll be sold.

Anyway shirt itself isn't bad.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:20 pm

If people see value in the jersey styles then they will buy. No one is forced to buy any merchandise.

Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Towelie » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Does anyone know if the club will be having a clear out of the umbro gear from last season?

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:45 pm

Towelie wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:39 pm Does anyone know if the club will be having a clear out of the umbro gear from last season?
Was a sale on that a while ago.... wasn't much stuff about, reckon they've shifted all that old stock at this stage.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:33 pm

Great turn out in oriel last night. Big queues.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:42 pm

Have to say fair play to PF for turning all of this around in such a short space of time.

I will admit I didn't think they would be able to deliver for the important xmas market, happy to have been proved wrong.