2023 Season General Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Pepsi »

Lads none of us know what is going on or what the owners are planning, I get the feeling is that they don't know themselves.

It is common knowledge that the ownership are trying to get investment, this may be in the form of an investor to support them or a full sale. In a perfect world we would be sold to someone with bags full of money or to a multi-club set up who are interested in investing and getting us to Europe to give they young players a chance to play first team football and put themselves in the window.

As for the rumour that Pat has been told that he can go ... I suspect that someone is playing mind games and trying to unsettle things. Maybe someone can hit up the journalist who knew everything about Peak6 and their running of the club to ask if his insider (who is still there) has anything to say. Very odd that James Rogers has put this out, however listening to his words, I get the feeling that he is also not 100% convinced himself that anything is going to happen. We will know more soon I would suspect, maybe the SS lads will call Peak6 and ask them if they want to come back to bail them out. Sure they are all friends after all, didn't Peak6 help them get their big deal with USSF.
User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by BigChief »

Live at oriel reporting it a business man called John Toal.
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Dundalk10 »

DFC2023 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:19 pm Yes Jason is right. This all started from a pod cast from a Local reporter who said that he heard it from someone at the club that we where going part time. It might be true it might not. This is nonsense it has spread all over LOI groups on Facebook. Now there saying Pat is been told to leave. All before a big match that could help us get into Europe next season. No good.
No I didn't, half the town has known about this for months. Likewise, everyone you talk to knows what happened before the Galway match.
There are no secrets in Oriel, there never has been. Any owners would do well to remember that.

And the FB post doesn't say Hoban was told told to leave. It says he was told his playing time will be very limited next year.
But, like you I don't believe that happened. I believe it sounds more like a cover story from a player who has already decided he's leaving.
colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3049
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by colymull »

Dundalk10 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:10 pm
DFC2023 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:19 pm Yes Jason is right. This all started from a pod cast from a Local reporter who said that he heard it from someone at the club that we where going part time. It might be true it might not. This is nonsense it has spread all over LOI groups on Facebook. Now there saying Pat is been told to leave. All before a big match that could help us get into Europe next season. No good.
No I didn't, half the town has known about this for months. Likewise, everyone you talk to knows what happened before the Galway match.
There are no secrets in Oriel, there never has been. Any owners would do well to remember that.

And the FB post doesn't say Hoban was told told to leave. It says he was told his playing time will be very limited next year.
But, like you I don't believe that happened. I believe it sounds more like a cover story from a player who has already decided he's leaving.
What happened before the Galway game?
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

BigChief wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:59 pm Live at oriel reporting it a business man called John Toal.
We can rule him out so ha
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

1903 supporters group saying on X that Hoban story is true…
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Richie87 »

Cutting back on wages yet Horgan was brought in
User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 998
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Towelie »

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8010
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

All that is is smoke screen and waffle
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1491
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:19 pm
All that is is smoke screen and waffle
Yea but at least they’ve said something. They’ve acknowledged that they can’t say anything until deal is done.
However, interesting they’ve used words ‘investment’ and that most of the rumours at BS.
User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8010
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:30 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:19 pm
All that is is smoke screen and waffle
Yea but at least they’ve said something. They’ve acknowledged that they can’t say anything until deal is done.
However, interesting they’ve used words ‘investment’ and that most of the rumours at BS.
They are hardly gonna say they are true. Since they took over there has been zero communication between the owners and the fans.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
User avatar
Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Quay

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Quayman »

colymull wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:20 pm
Dundalk10 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:10 pm
DFC2023 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:19 pm Yes Jason is right. This all started from a pod cast from a Local reporter who said that he heard it from someone at the club that we where going part time. It might be true it might not. This is nonsense it has spread all over LOI groups on Facebook. Now there saying Pat is been told to leave. All before a big match that could help us get into Europe next season. No good.
No I didn't, half the town has known about this for months. Likewise, everyone you talk to knows what happened before the Galway match.
There are no secrets in Oriel, there never has been. Any owners would do well to remember that.

And the FB post doesn't say Hoban was told told to leave. It says he was told his playing time will be very limited next year.
But, like you I don't believe that happened. I believe it sounds more like a cover story from a player who has already decided he's leaving.
What happened before the Galway game?
I'd also like to know what happened before Galway!? Anyone care to shed some light!
Neale Fenn....SCUM
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Richie87 »

Dan McDonnell's confirming that Dundalk are open to offers for the Hoban. Kelly poised to join Derry city
User avatar
Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 998
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Towelie »

I wonder what lovely news awaits us all today...

Stephen O'Donnell spontaneously combusts? All our trophies get rescinded? Lilly the Panda found dead in Miami?
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Bet Regal have confirmed their departure this mornin
Post Reply