2023 Season General Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Towelie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2023 Season General Thread

Post by Towelie »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:42 pm I expect to see us challenging for the League & target the double . We have a great owner & a great manager . We will have a top squad , so really looking forward to the new season . The double will be doable . Cmon The Town .
There's a Rick James quote I'd like to post but I think it would be against the forum guidelines... Hope you're right though Johnny.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:42 pm I expect to see us challenging for the League & target the double . We have a great owner & a great manager . We will have a top squad , so really looking forward to the new season . The double will be doable . Cmon The Town .
The double is very doable indeed. The double of not winning the league and not winning the FAI cup.. stop being clickbait for 5 mins will ya.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Happy Christmas Niall. Just try & be a bit more positive in 24 . The target is the double .👍
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:56 am Happy Christmas Niall. Just try & be a bit more positive in 24 . The target is the double .👍
The target should always be the double. It would be a monumental challenge to acheive it though.

Europe is a more realistic target and even it will be a challenge with what appears to be a much stronger league than in recent seasons.
Last edited by Louth4sam on Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam »

Deleted
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

European Super league talk back on the agenda. Talk of 64 teams involved in a 3 tier system. The smaller nations would have more a realistic chance of qualifying for the Europa and Conference league.

https://t.co/AWtv3eCXzz
GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. »

Very optimistic there Johnny. Maybe a great owner - well I hope so, but into season 3 of O’Donnell and he hasn’t convinced me that he has the ability we desire as fans.
Johnnybegood33
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Johnnybegood33 »

Fair play to you Louth for Sam , you know where I’m coming from . I managed a team in the DDSL , & I had it instilled in them that they were the best team . They truly believed it & so did I , they did the treble . What’s the point in going out there if you don’t believe & dream . Did anybody believe that we would beat Bate Borisov 3-0 . I would not go in to a dessing room , that doesn’t believe . Imagine having some of the posters on Oriel web anywhere near a dressing room . I know Jim Mc Loughlin would turf them out . I have always been optimistic, & I know for sure you have to instill belief & confidence , have the squad super , super fit . Never ever give up , keep the pedal to the metal , right up to the 97th min. Play the game in a total professional manner , leave Nothing on the pitch . Get no stupid yellow cards , accept the referee & linesmen decisions , walk away . It comes back to you in spades , this is what you drill , & drill & drill in to players 24/7 & of course put the ball in the back of the net , that’s it .
condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor »

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:04 pm Fair play to you Louth for Sam , you know where I’m coming from . I managed a team in the DDSL , & I had it instilled in them that they were the best team . They truly believed it & so did I , they did the treble . What’s the point in going out there if you don’t believe & dream . Did anybody believe that we would beat Bate Borisov 3-0 . I would not go in to a dessing room , that doesn’t believe . Imagine having some of the posters on Oriel web anywhere near a dressing room . I know Jim Mc Loughlin would turf them out . I have always been optimistic, & I know for sure you have to instill belief & confidence , have the squad super , super fit . Never ever give up , keep the pedal to the metal , right up to the 97th min. Play the game in a total professional manner , leave Nothing on the pitch . Get no stupid yellow cards , accept the referee & linesmen decisions , walk away . It comes back to you in spades , this is what you drill , & drill & drill in to players 24/7 & of course put the ball in the back of the net , that’s it .
After two years of stupid signings, bizarre team selections and crazy substitutions, Stephen O'Donnell doesn't instil confidence or optimism.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

Plans for a Meath team in the LOI. https://t.co/euNfUWO2oC
HarryPotter69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by HarryPotter69 »

Richie87 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:02 pm Plans for a Meath team in the LOI. https://t.co/euNfUWO2oC
i hope good plans for the team