New Owners?

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Post Reply
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1592
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Richie87 »

Hull White wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:48 am The Zahibo thing will be treated as a contractual dispute between that non producer and the owners. When BA took over the club he would also have assumed responsibility for any outstanding liabilities and therefore he will fight or pay. It is unlikely that FIFA, UEFA or the FAI will get involved so I wouldn’t worry about points deductions, BA is no fool and if it is a genuine claim, I am sure he will sort it. He would have known it was coming I am sure because of due diligence.
I doubt he was expecting anything related to a player who departed in 2021.
buster
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by buster »

oldfogey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:26 pm Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and calm down. I stopped reading James Rogers a long time ago, even the ones that are not behind a pay wall. He has cherry picked pieces of information that will get a sensationalist reaction. Information that was covered by confidentially agreements, either contractual, or implied by virtue of a role. Inference and innuendo which people assume has come from a disgruntled (ex)employee. This has to be the case as JR is not going to have inside access on his own. So we have an (ex) employee who wants to discredit the club, and a journalist who is keen to portray the club in the worst possible light. Every week on every town in every country you get this with a business and employees. Rinse and repeat. The two of them are getting exactly what they wanted, turning supporters against the club.
It's nowonder I've stopped listening to the pod cast,it's nothing but a long monologue from JR with little bits from the co.host.Whats annoying is that he tells everyone he's a dfc supporter but continues to run the club down and tell us all what they should do he's an expert on everything DFC.Here we have an owner trying to bring the club back to where it should be and he criticised ever effort. It seems JR would do anything for a story ffs give the club and new owners a chance to sort things, criticism is cheap and a easy story.
Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Dundalk10 »

buster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:22 pm
oldfogey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:26 pm Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and calm down. I stopped reading James Rogers a long time ago, even the ones that are not behind a pay wall. He has cherry picked pieces of information that will get a sensationalist reaction. Information that was covered by confidentially agreements, either contractual, or implied by virtue of a role. Inference and innuendo which people assume has come from a disgruntled (ex)employee. This has to be the case as JR is not going to have inside access on his own. So we have an (ex) employee who wants to discredit the club, and a journalist who is keen to portray the club in the worst possible light. Every week on every town in every country you get this with a business and employees. Rinse and repeat. The two of them are getting exactly what they wanted, turning supporters against the club.
It's nowonder I've stopped listening to the pod cast,it's nothing but a long monologue from JR with little bits from the co.host.Whats annoying is that he tells everyone he's a dfc supporter but continues to run the club down and tell us all what they should do he's an expert on everything DFC.Here we have an owner trying to bring the club back to where it should be and he criticised ever effort. It seems JR would do anything for a story ffs give the club and new owners a chance to sort things, criticism is cheap and a easy story.
Talking about the club accounts is hardly running the club down. Would there be a problem if he said the club was due to make a 750k profit?
I agree the podcast can be hard listening but that is more because there is absolutely nothing positive to say about the club at the moment. 5th game of the season on Friday and we'll be hoping for our first goal from open play!

As to where he gets info on the accounts, he could just pay €6 here https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/ ... ted-519313
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Philistine »

Dundalk10 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:39 pm
buster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:22 pm
oldfogey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:26 pm Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and calm down. I stopped reading James Rogers a long time ago, even the ones that are not behind a pay wall. He has cherry picked pieces of information that will get a sensationalist reaction. Information that was covered by confidentially agreements, either contractual, or implied by virtue of a role. Inference and innuendo which people assume has come from a disgruntled (ex)employee. This has to be the case as JR is not going to have inside access on his own. So we have an (ex) employee who wants to discredit the club, and a journalist who is keen to portray the club in the worst possible light. Every week on every town in every country you get this with a business and employees. Rinse and repeat. The two of them are getting exactly what they wanted, turning supporters against the club.
It's nowonder I've stopped listening to the pod cast,it's nothing but a long monologue from JR with little bits from the co.host.Whats annoying is that he tells everyone he's a dfc supporter but continues to run the club down and tell us all what they should do he's an expert on everything DFC.Here we have an owner trying to bring the club back to where it should be and he criticised ever effort. It seems JR would do anything for a story ffs give the club and new owners a chance to sort things, criticism is cheap and a easy story.
Talking about the club accounts is hardly running the club down. Would there be a problem if he said the club was due to make a 750k profit?
I agree the podcast can be hard listening but that is more because there is absolutely nothing positive to say about the club at the moment. 5th game of the season on Friday and we'll be hoping for our first goal from open play!

As to where he gets info on the accounts, he could just pay €6 here https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/ ... ted-519313
Nobody would criticise JR for pointing out the obvious on-pitch failings but he rarely even talks about the on-pitch stuff ffs. And that file you uploaded would only mention basic profit and loss for the calendar year, there wouldn't be anything about overall debt, legal cases or bonuses not being paid etc otherwise it would have been public knowledge which it wasn't.

I suppose the only positive to take from this piece is that the reporter has been wrong about practically everything he reported over the past year or so - therefore we're probably safe enough from a points deduction. Man is basically an amplified Gerry Malone....
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Pepsi »

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:18 pm Very specific sums mentioned by JR.
750k and 57500. Who’s could be leaking such accurate sums of money?
Same person who leaked the shit about Bill and co ..... timing certainly fits.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Pepsi »

oldfogey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:26 pm Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and calm down. I stopped reading James Rogers a long time ago, even the ones that are not behind a pay wall. He has cherry picked pieces of information that will get a sensationalist reaction. Information that was covered by confidentially agreements, either contractual, or implied by virtue of a role. Inference and innuendo which people assume has come from a disgruntled (ex)employee. This has to be the case as JR is not going to have inside access on his own. So we have an (ex) employee who wants to discredit the club, and a journalist who is keen to portray the club in the worst possible light. Every week on every town in every country you get this with a business and employees. Rinse and repeat. The two of them are getting exactly what they wanted, turning supporters against the club.
Well said ... not the first time either. Lads ought to remember what happened last time. Give BA a chance to get things sorted, I am sure the man seen the majority of this during due diligence and you can be sure the SS lads told him what they knew, otherwise they would have been doing their main business damage.
Give the man time, he seems to want to keep his promises and he seems to know what he is up to. Time for his management (off the field) to now tackle these matters as they see fit and to put a plan in place to take us further.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1592
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Richie87 »

The Currency had the story about Zahibo in Janurary. There was nothing mentioned before that. Brian Ainscough wouldn't have been aware of the story before he took over..

https://t.co/aEZaCLbOAB
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Pepsi »

Richie87 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm The Currency had the story about Zahibo in Janurary. There was nothing mentioned before that. Brian Ainscough wouldn't have been aware of the story before he took over..

https://t.co/aEZaCLbOAB
The club knew about this before the sale, that is a fact. Even Peak6 knew it was coming ... hence why they left a substantial amount in the bank to tie up loose ends. P6 couldnt know that AC and SS would use that money to finance the club and not channel it into its intended purpose. Looking back ... it looks like someone took the fans for a ride ....
User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8076
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: New Owners?

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:55 pm
Richie87 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm The Currency had the story about Zahibo in Janurary. There was nothing mentioned before that. Brian Ainscough wouldn't have been aware of the story before he took over..

https://t.co/aEZaCLbOAB
The club knew about this before the sale, that is a fact. Even Peak6 knew it was coming ... hence why they left a substantial amount in the bank to tie up loose ends. P6 couldnt know that AC and SS would use that money to finance the club and not channel it into its intended purpose. Looking back ... it looks like someone took the fans for a ride ....
But we hot out club back from the bad yanks didn't we!! Sure that's all that matters apparently
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Pepsi »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:55 pm
Richie87 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm The Currency had the story about Zahibo in Janurary. There was nothing mentioned before that. Brian Ainscough wouldn't have been aware of the story before he took over..

https://t.co/aEZaCLbOAB
The club knew about this before the sale, that is a fact. Even Peak6 knew it was coming ... hence why they left a substantial amount in the bank to tie up loose ends. P6 couldnt know that AC and SS would use that money to finance the club and not channel it into its intended purpose. Looking back ... it looks like someone took the fans for a ride ....
But we hot out club back from the bad yanks didn't we!! Sure that's all that matters apparently
Lets hope the same lads who went out protesting start asking their mate questions about where the money went .... someone took a lot of people for fools.
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Philistine »

Yeah let's bring back P6, Jesus wept....
User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 8076
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: New Owners?

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:44 pm Yeah let's bring back P6, Jesus wept....
Were they any worse than our last owners? Or being local gave the last owners a free ride?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Philistine
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Philistine »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:56 pm
Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:44 pm Yeah let's bring back P6, Jesus wept....
Were they any worse than our last owners? Or being local gave the last owners a free ride?
Both were poor .. but let's lose the rose tinted glasses on P6 who literally caused the decline we're all suffering now,
They hired a manager with no qualifications, gave Big Bill the keys to the palace and even tried to relocate the club to D4
I could go on and on if you like .. I mean the Zahibo thing being mentioned in the article today is 100% their fault as well
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Owners?

Post by Pepsi »

Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:44 pm Yeah let's bring back P6, Jesus wept....
No one saying take them back, whilst Bill wasnt their best bit of business, they had no other option during lockdown as 2 CEOs walked away and they didnt trust what was on the ground .... but unlike others they left money in the bank when they walked, approx. €3 million when you take the cash in the bank and loan they wrote off which covered wages etc. during lockdown. Other owners have taken the club to the cleaners .... like it or lump it lad, our previous ownership took everyone for a ride. Open your eyes ... gone from having substantial funds in the bank to owing approx. €750K., players not getting paid European bonuses because a certain person didnt put them in writing, accounts not being properly kept (sounds like a corner shop policy ... take what you need and look after your mates) ... the list goes on.

BA has started the clean up ... time for more to be done. Time for professionals to run the club at all levels, lets hope Peter Halpin is the man to do it.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

Re: New Owners?

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

This thread jumps between insane and deluded. Today’s article is a bad reflection on owners for the past decade imo. The idea that fans wanted Peak 6 out was valid at the time. The last two ownerships have been fairly disastrous. Peak 6 fixed the puddle behind the goal. They tried something and it didn’t work. Numerous bad decisions. Statsports and Andy Connolly came in and by all accounts Andy was putting his hand in his pocket. The good will was there but fact remains the finances have been an issue for a long time and were baked in underwritten by regular European money. That money came into one hand and went out the other to sustain success on the pitch. It’s been an incredible decade or more but could never last. Academy, stadium, general fan experience, bars, and setup behind the scenes all need substantial amounts of work. We’re in for a rough few years I think but I hope we start building foundations that can point us in the right direction for getting the club back to the top that’s what everyone wants at the end of the day
Post Reply