New Owners?

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Re: New Owners?

Post by Philistine »

Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:10 pm
Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:44 pm Yeah let's bring back P6, Jesus wept....
No one saying take them back, whilst Bill wasnt their best bit of business, they had no other option during lockdown as 2 CEOs walked away and they didnt trust what was on the ground .... but unlike others they left money in the bank when they walked, approx. €3 million when you take the cash in the bank and loan they wrote off which covered wages etc. during lockdown. Other owners have taken the club to the cleaners .... like it or lump it lad, our previous ownership took everyone for a ride. Open your eyes ... gone from having substantial funds in the bank to owing approx. €750K., players not getting paid European bonuses because a certain person didnt put them in writing, accounts not being properly kept (sounds like a corner shop policy ... take what you need and look after your mates) ... the list goes on.

BA has started the clean up ... time for more to be done. Time for professionals to run the club at all levels, lets hope Peter Halpin is the man to do it.
100% agree that Andy Connolly/Statsports got a free pass but P6 most certainly did not leave anything near the quoted sum in the coffers
I have absolutely no doubt personally that Mr Ainscough would have been fully aware of everything before purchase, he is clearing the deck which is what we need
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:14 pm
Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:44 pm Yeah let's bring back P6, Jesus wept....
No one saying take them back, whilst Bill wasnt their best bit of business, they had no other option during lockdown as 2 CEOs walked away and they didnt trust what was on the ground .... but unlike others they left money in the bank when they walked, approx. €3 million when you take the cash in the bank and loan they wrote off which covered wages etc. during lockdown. Other owners have taken the club to the cleaners .... like it or lump it lad, our previous ownership took everyone for a ride. Open your eyes ... gone from having substantial funds in the bank to owing approx. €750K., players not getting paid European bonuses because a certain person didnt put them in writing, accounts not being properly kept (sounds like a corner shop policy ... take what you need and look after your mates) ... the list goes on.

BA has started the clean up ... time for more to be done. Time for professionals to run the club at all levels, lets hope Peter Halpin is the man to do it.
100% agree that Andy Connolly/Statsports got a free pass but P6 most certainly did not leave anything near the quoted sum in the coffers
I have absolutely no doubt personally that Mr Ainscough would have been fully aware of everything before purchase, he is clearing the deck which is what we need
The published accounts are there to be seen ... Peak6 wrote off approx. €1.6 million in loans and left approx. €1,5 million in the bank. The accounts dont tell fibbs .....
Once it became clear to certain people within Oriel under Peak6 that the long term plan did not include them, problems started to appear and journalists started getting internal information. Similar to today .... a local journalist gets very clear figures which have had to come from within. Is it a coincidence after changes were made?
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Pepsi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:36 pm
Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:14 pm

The published accounts are there to be seen ... Peak6 wrote off approx. €1.6 million in loans and left approx. €1,5 million in the bank. The accounts dont tell fibbs .....
Once it became clear to certain people within Oriel under Peak6 that the long term plan did not include them, problems started to appear and journalists started getting internal information. Similar to today .... a local journalist gets very clear figures which have had to come from within. Is it a coincidence after changes were made?
We all know who is being blamed for leaking info here so why not just use their name?
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Philistine wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:07 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:56 pm
Were they any worse than our last owners? Or being local gave the last owners a free ride?
Both were poor .. but let's lose the rose tinted glasses on P6 who literally caused the decline we're all suffering now,
They hired a manager with no qualifications, gave Big Bill the keys to the palace and even tried to relocate the club to D4
I could go on and on if you like .. I mean the Zahibo thing being mentioned in the article today is 100% their fault as well
You mean the inexperienced manager who won the FAI cup and qualified for the group stages of the Europa conference?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike »

Plus only time that was ever done in the history of LOI, won FAI Cup and Qualified for Group Stage Football in same season, and never played in front of fans too in Oriel in 2020!
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Chatted with someone who would know about this type of law and policy, told me there is absolutely ZERO CHANCE we could get a point deduction for this, More sensationalist and needless horseshite from this reporter
buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by buster »

Philistine wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:34 pm Chatted with someone who would know about this type of law and policy, told me there is absolutely ZERO CHANCE we could get a point deduction for this, More sensationalist and needless horseshite from this reporter
Isn't that what he writes all the time as long as it knocks the club.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

I think everyone is blaming journalists for doing their job whilst avoiding the elephant in the room which is Our on filed and off field failings under the previous owners and if paper reports are true, where did we lose the reported sums?
JR isn't to blame for us losing so much money.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Simple stuff really. If James Rogers stops reporting negative stories about the club the issues cease to exist. If he doesn't write about the enormous debt again the debt is written off. That's how it works. Dunno why no one has though of this before
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

There's a stark difference between reporting factual info and writing stuff like "we might be in debt" or "we could get a points deduction"
Before earlier in the year it was the same fellah who wrote "we might go part-time" . Would a good journalist not wait until getting their info 100% in order?? I don't know JR personally but how anyone thinks this kind of shite is helpful is beyond me
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:17 pm I think everyone is blaming journalists for doing their job whilst avoiding the elephant in the room which is Our on filed and off field failings under the previous owners and if paper reports are true, where did we lose the reported sums?
Well said Niall. They went through money like mad men or never put a penny in and ran it on what P6 left plus sponsorship. I tend to believe it was the latter and I am still wondering why SS were paid were paid was it 100K in consulting fees in one set of accounts.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Pepsi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:17 pm I think everyone is blaming journalists for doing their job whilst avoiding the elephant in the room which is Our on filed and off field failings under the previous owners and if paper reports are true, where did we lose the reported sums?
Well said Niall. They went through money like mad men or never put a penny in and ran it on what P6 left plus sponsorship. I tend to believe it was the latter and I am still wondering why SS were paid were paid was it 100K in consulting fees in one set of accounts.
Betregal are skint and actually owe money to DFC appears to be common knowledge about town? Guessing that's one of the 'expected incomes falling' mentioned in JR's report?
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Philistine wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:04 pm There's a stark difference between reporting factual info and writing stuff like "we might be in debt" or "we could get a points deduction"
Before earlier in the year it was the same fellah who wrote "we might go part-time" . Would a good journalist not wait until getting their info 100% in order?? I don't know JR personally but how anyone thinks this kind of shite is helpful is beyond me
It's not his job to be helpful or unhelpful to the club, its his job to find stories and report stuff thats newsworthy. Part-time hybrid model was being considered, because (ye you guessed it) we're in huge debt. If journalists waited until everything was 100% confirmed they wouldn't be very good at their job. The role is to go get news, not parrot it after the fact. You're confusing the job spec with that of a reporter.
Thesquareend
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Thesquareend »

I feel for Mr Ainscough if I’m honest..granted he didn’t do his homework but he bought a car with feathers under the bonnet.They ran it into the ground above.. it could take years to get it right.Halpin will be a big help but he should come out and tell us fans exactly the mess he’s inherited from those larriers.Suffering Jesus it’s a crying shame
Midfield11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Midfield11 »

Have I missed something? Why do people think he knew nothing of all the issues at the club? He’s a multimillionaire with a business head on his shoulders not a young fella straight out of FAS after doing a six month course in management. He seems to be taking things in a new direction and hopefully it works out but for me the on field issues need to be sorted and as much as a win will be welcomed on Friday it will only buy the management and a bad team another few weeks grace.