New Owners?

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Re: New Owners?

Post by Hull White »

Midfield11 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:19 pm Have I missed something? Why do people think he knew nothing of all the issues at the club? He’s a multimillionaire with a business head on his shoulders not a young fella straight out of FAS after doing a six month course in management. He seems to be taking things in a new direction and hopefully it works out but for me the on field issues need to be sorted and as much as a win will be welcomed on Friday it will only buy the management and a bad team another few weeks grace.
👍 ah, someone who gets it at last!
superman
Reserves
Reserves

Post by superman »

Heard rumours around Oriel that there might be more to the recent changes and it does not reflect well on the past administration at all.

Some things couldn't be explained to the new owner who then took action.
Hull White
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Hull White »

If true, good for the owner. Time for a fresh start top to bottom. No place for sentiment if we want to get back to the top. How dare that Brian Ainscough trying to run it like a professional club he should carry on our long tradition of the old pals clique! It would appear that the old pals have met their match this time. Just hope he doesn’t become disillusioned and clears off.
Thesquareend
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Thesquareend »

superman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 pm Heard rumours around Oriel that there might be more to the recent changes and it does not reflect well on the past administration at all.

The dogs barking in town know this is true..chap told me last night that the uproar over Rogers article in the Argus is because it’s all true and more to come..
superman
Reserves
Reserves

Post by superman »

Thesquareend wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:50 am
superman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 pm Heard rumours around Oriel that there might be more to the recent changes and it does not reflect well on the past administration at all.

The dogs barking in town know this is true..chap told me last night that the uproar over Rogers article in the Argus is because it’s all true and more to come..
Apparently serious problems with the accounts emerged which could not be explained, and before the meeting was even finished with the owner, the owner decided enough was enough and we have a new CEO.

(Being a little bit vague with it, because only second hand information)
Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 »

There is no football club like Dundalk FC for rumours.
All we can hope is that BA knows the extent of everything and is willing to stick around and put it right. JR recent article and podcast comments did say that he has at least found the bottom ( or close to it! ) and can now start to work upwards.
If he can stop the rot and can bring us back into contention, a statue will be made for him outside Oriel.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Article is correct to a point but neglects to mention Euro money (500 grand?) is still to come into the accounts. This is why it's sensationalist , 250 doesn't look as bad as 750. Factor in the two investors as well and I'd say the debt has been safely cleared, no mention of Betregal owing us money too .

Interesting to read the agent of an ex player has sought legal advice over unpaid Euro bonuses....
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Philistine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 pm Article is correct to a point but neglects to mention Euro money (500 grand?) is still to come into the accounts. This is why it's sensationalist , 250 doesn't look as bad as 750. Factor in the two investors as well and I'd say the debt has been safely cleared, no mention of Betregal owing us money too .

Interesting to read the agent of an ex player has sought legal advice over unpaid Euro bonuses....
It wouldn't be abnormal for clubs to get loans / advances on the Euro money, so the full amount may not arrive in BA bank account ... you are right however, there are a lot of open questions. The thing which surprises me in all of this is that none of the local / Dublin based journalists are asking our former owners where all the money has gone that was in the account when the took over. Where did it go wrong? Would be interesting to interview both former ownership partners separately to get their unique version of events, as the version I heard does not leave one side looking very good in all of this.
AMC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by AMC »

I would be surprised if these so called "investors" paid anything more than a nominal sum for their ownership stakes. People seem to be under the illusion that these guys are actually going to put money into the club. I highly doubt we will see any major investment, but I hope to be proven wrong. We've been pretty unlucky with our owners. Drogheda seem to have found themselves a great owner. A group with good football experience which is also willing to invest in the club. The fact that they bought their ground from the FAI so soon after the takeover is a serious statement. I don't understand the opposition to the multi club ownership model. I do get that no one wants to become a feeder club or have the team's style of play dictated by another team, which is what rubbed people the wrong way about the Turkish crowd/Hull. But whatever ownership model is the most conducive towards getting investment into our ground is the best route. We don't choose who becomes the owner of the club, unless we want to pivot to fan ownership like Bohs and Sligo (two very well run clubs). If we go with the fan ownership model at least we control our own destiny. But I'm not convinced we can afford to turn away private investment. We certainly can't afford to with the state the club is currently in, with debts mounting and operating at a huge loss. Bohs and Sligo are getting the investment they need for their new stadiums from the government (primarily from the LSSIF) and are run efficiently otherwise. We have an exorbitant payroll and have been bleeding money for the last number of years. And we don't have the on pitch success to paper over the cracks anymore. It is shameful that the club is performing so poorly with the amount we spend on players. Rock bottom, with no goals scored from open play despite a playing budget vastly bigger than many of the clubs ahead of us in the league. We need to start running this club like a professional organisation. We could learn a thing or two from some of the clubs in the league, who have assembled teams fully capable of competing on much more modest budgets. If other teams can do it so can we.
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 »

Philistine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 pm Article is correct to a point but neglects to mention Euro money (500 grand?) is still to come into the accounts. This is why it's sensationalist , 250 doesn't look as bad as 750. Factor in the two investors as well and I'd say the debt has been safely cleared, no mention of Betregal owing us money too .

I am lead to believe that the euro money was already paid into club accounts.
And regarding your last point regarding the agent of an ex player. if the euro bonus is indeed unpaid then ultimately he is correct to seek legal advice. Would you not agree? Stop trying to push an agenda that suits your narrative and yours alone.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.
Richie87
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Richie87 »

AMC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:15 pm I would be surprised if these so called "investors" paid anything more than a nominal sum for their ownership stakes. People seem to be under the illusion that these guys are actually going to put money into the club. I highly doubt we will see any major investment, but I hope to be proven wrong. We've been pretty unlucky with our owners. Drogheda seem to have found themselves a great owner. A group with good football experience which is also willing to invest in the club. The fact that they bought their ground from the FAI so soon after the takeover is a serious statement. I don't understand the opposition to the multi club ownership model. I do get that no one wants to become a feeder club or have the team's style of play dictated by another team, which is what rubbed people the wrong way about the Turkish crowd/Hull. But whatever ownership model is the most conducive towards getting investment into our ground is the best route. We don't choose who becomes the owner of the club, unless we want to pivot to fan ownership like Bohs and Sligo (two very well run clubs). If we go with the fan ownership model at least we control our own destiny. But I'm not convinced we can afford to turn away private investment. We certainly can't afford to with the state the club is currently in, with debts mounting and operating at a huge loss. Bohs and Sligo are getting the investment they need for their new stadiums from the government (primarily from the LSSIF) and are run efficiently otherwise. We have an exorbitant payroll and have been bleeding money for the last number of years. And we don't have the on pitch success to paper over the cracks anymore. It is shameful that the club is performing so poorly with the amount we spend on players. Rock bottom, with no goals scored from open play despite a playing budget vastly bigger than many of the clubs ahead of us in the league. We need to start running this club like a professional organisation. We could learn a thing or two from some of the clubs in the league, who have assembled teams fully capable of competing on much more modest budgets. If other teams can do it so can we.
Yes the Trivela Group also brought Walshall's ground when they took over. The main reason Drogheda accepted the deal with the Americans was because they were committed to ground development. An excellent deal.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:44 pm

And regarding your last point regarding the agent of an ex player. if the euro bonus is indeed unpaid then ultimately he is correct to seek legal advice. Would you not agree? Stop trying to push an agenda that suits your narrative and yours alone.
European season isn't even yet finished so that's a pile of horseshit, bonuses surely be paid out with that money?
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Philistine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:03 pm

European season isn't even yet finished so that's a pile of horseshit, bonuses surely be paid out with that money?
Clubs can get advances on the earnings to finance their expenses for travel etc., normally comes from the national association, however in the FAIs case, I suspect it would be paid direct by UEFA. The bonuses issue could see certain people from the previous ownership in court explaining why agreements were not put into writing.
Philistine
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Philistine »

Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:17 pm

Clubs can get advances on the earnings to finance their expenses for travel etc., normally comes from the national association, however in the FAIs case, I suspect it would be paid direct by UEFA. The bonuses issue could see certain people from the previous ownership in court explaining why agreements were not put into writing.
Agree with your final point but I highly doubt FAI (with their own financial woes) were in a position to pay out in advance? The same organisation who asked DFC for a bail out 2 years ago!!
Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi »

Philistine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:34 pm
Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:17 pm

Agree with your final point but I highly doubt FAI (with their own financial woes) were in a position to pay out in advance? The same organisation who asked DFC for a bail out 2 years ago!!
Read what I wrote ... it was most likely paid directly by UEFA via the FAI bank account. Fact is and remains it is possible, only when accounts are released or BA speaks out will we know what really went on. Everything at this moment in time is pointing towards our previous ownership either not putting a penny in, them taking a wedge out or money being mismanaged. Time will tell what went on, however it is not looking good.