Academy Teams 2023

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, eamoss, Gearóid Bellew

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Academy Teams 2023

Post by seand »

Aamzing performance to get as close as they did really, so immense credit to all involved. It's incredibly frustrating that the fixtures didn't kick off at the same time, quite incredible in this day and age.
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Seems to be a lot of outgoings from both 19s and 17s and Tiarnan Mulvena who’s done a really good job in the last few years as 19s manager is set to join Drogheda as a first team coach too. Maybe an opportunity for a blank slate but feels like a rebuild at academy level gonna be needed now too. I think former player Mark Griffin still involved so maybe he’ll step up
Goliath
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Goliath »

The 19s that I taught might get offered a contract were Coleman, Mayo , Mullen and maybe Honney , I think they are good enough to play at senior level, we also lost 3 good 17s also , Tiarnan had done a great job with the academy teams but must of been disappointed that very few have been offered contracts .
TrevDaRev2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrevDaRev2 »

Ye Tiarnans job was to get lads to senior standard but seems it’s a tough club to get a chance as a young lad regardless of ability which is why many are looking elsewhere